Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
This has no doubt already been said but since it's so popular it really should happen!

I know this has more a cult following but I'd love to see a set for this. Imagine a Drew Barrymore autograph card! Bouncey

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps is doing a Stranger Things set.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Topps is doing a Stranger Things set.

That's awesome. I'm going to see what details I can find out. Thanks.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if they are doing a Westworld set? Has the license been picked up by one of the card companies yet?
Cheers

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Here is a tribute for the series that will never come to life because of licenses issue from DC/Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox. So this is a Mock up only and not relate to any future release from Topps or other company sadly Frown

3 card set from Batman TV covered each episode from each season like Star Trek TOS back in 1997.

- Base set: 3 cards covered per episode (front/back)
- 1 Profile card per episode (front/back)
- 1 Behind the scenes per episode (front/back)
- 1 cast/credit plaque covered 1 to 3 episodes from same guest star (front/back)

Promo for the 3 season

Base set from season 1

Movie preview subset covers the movie (front/back)

Foil (front/back)

Stickers (front/back)

Tribute Series (front/back)

Autographs (front/back)

Costumes (front/back)

Cut Signatures (front/back)

Sketch (front/back)

Adam West along Yvonne Craig you will be miss!
Stephane

This should have been done years ago, could really have gone for a Cliff Robertson (Shame) auto.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
So, so excited for this series: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

The set they did for the sitcom Sabrina the Teenage Witch was okay but mostly aimed at the younger market and a rather basic set except the tough to pull autographs. (But a few bargain price Melissa Joan Hart autographs from the set have cropt up online recently).

Would love to see Cryptozoic or someone pick up a licence for an official set.

Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
The Originals and the 100 TV show.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I would also like to see a set for The Originals, one set for the entire series.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
With the forever pushed back date, I'd like to eventually see a Supergirl release Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think just from popularity (plus as someone who plays it) Overwatch would be good for a set.

I'm also a sucker for anything 90's so sets like Friends, Will & Grace, an updated 90210 etc plus if I could only pick one, then it'd be the missing Melrose Place set that got canned before release back in 1997. Have been lucky enough to find both promo cards plus one of the signed ones (Doug Savant) from that series to add to my collection.

Posts: 1 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With "Adventure Time" and "Rick and Morty" getting sets, why isn't there one for "Venture Brothers?" If a Season 1 set doesn't sell, none of them will. The show debuted in 2004 and friends were watching it but I didn't discover it until looking for something to watch on hotel TV after a trade show day in early 2011.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how an "American Pickers" set would do. The base set would show a mix of the valuable and oddball items they bought or at least tried to buy and the cards would have some kind of vintage look (most of the stuff they want is from the 50's or before). The backs would describe the item and provide the buy and sell prices. You could have "character cards" of Mike, Frank, Danielle, and some of the semi-regulars like Robbie, Dave, and the guys who work on the cars.

The chase cards could be autographs of Mike, Frank, and Danielle. She's already signed for another set. A few celebrities have been on like Dolly Parton, William Shatner, and members of Aerosmith. They might do a few memorial cards for people who were on the show but have passed away since then (Dan Haggerty, George Barris, etc.). Of course, there could be sketches of the regulars and random things like stickers with the company logo and other graphics done in the styles used in the first half of the 20th century (spoofs of old ads or movie posters).

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The streaming apps have a lot of good shows. Jack Ryan, Ozark, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel come to mind.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel like 2 years ago American Ninja Warrior could have made a good set. . . Now I think it's possibly a bit too late.

I used to love American Pickers, and I did pick up Danielle's autograph from Allen and Ginter. I'm surprised more shows/Autographs like this aren't used more in sets like Pop Century. Seems perfect for that to me. I don't know that a full set would have enough demand, but there definitely is some demand. The guys from Pawn Stars signed, and the last I checked their autographs still sell pretty decently.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel like 2 years ago American Ninja Warrior could have made a good set. . . Now I think it's possibly a bit too late.

I used to love American Pickers, and I did pick up Danielle's autograph from Allen and Ginter. I'm surprised more shows/Autographs like this aren't used more in sets like Pop Century. Seems perfect for that to me. I don't know that a full set would have enough demand, but there definitely is some demand. The guys from Pawn Stars signed, and the last I checked their autographs still sell pretty decently.

I do not know the intricacies of licensing but what about a History Channel set? You could have Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Forged in Fire, Oak Island, etc. Know Vikings is very popular and could stand on its own.

The one show that I never understood how a set wasn't made for was Bones.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
American Ninja Warrior has been around for several years. It was on the now defunct G4 network 7-8 years ago and it was popular but it never really caught on big, doing just well enough to keep making more. It did seem to peak in interest a couple of years ago. It is something parents can watch with their kids but it seems like people are watching various cooking shows and other things now.

Jess

quote:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have something close to a History Channel card set. Kodak made at least two different motion cards: one that shows a soldier running on a beach with the title, "Normandy Invasion" and as you tilt the card, you see Kodak and History Channel logos appear' the other shows someone smashing a keg with the title "The Prohibition Years" with the logos appearing.

I don't know if those were shows on the History Channel and don't really know the source of these cards. The cards might have just been something Kodak did to show the History Channel what could be made for them. They might have been given out at trade shows. They are high quality motion cards. Kodak did a few cards for the old Biography channel as well.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:

I do not know the intricacies of licensing but what about a History Channel set? You could have Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Forged in Fire, Oak Island, etc. Know Vikings is very popular and could stand on its own.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

I would love an autograph from Doug Marcaida with the inscription "It will cut!"

There are a TON of reality TV show options you could use. All the Gold Rush shows, the Crabbing shows, etc.

There could be a set kind of like Panini country, but just based on reality TV personalities.

We loved Vikings. . . and then the show shifted directions entirely and we haven't even watched the last season.

Still some fantastic characters. If they did a set based on the early seasons we'd buy for sure.

posted Hide Post
If they wanted to strike while the iron is hot someone should do a Tiger King set. . . like right now.

I'm sure you could get some of the people on there to sign autographs. . . you could do a print on demand like Topps now or something.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Star Trek set based on this list would be cool.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post