Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Although it has been a bumpy road, Lucifer is still in production and has been picked up for Season 6 on Netflix. Season 5 has just begun streaming on Netflix now.

It has always been a wacky show and not tweener youth orientated, although no adult could take it seriously either. It has a fan friendly cast and has had good guest stars, often with prior links to the card hobby from other shows. You could have gotten many autographs from most of these people.

With the risks taken by card makers to produce sets for some other show and film titles with a lot less going for them, I can not understand why no one ever took a chance on Lucifer. Afraid of the Devil I guess. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Although it has been a bumpy road, Lucifer is still in production and has been picked up for Season 6 on Netflix. Season 5 has just begun streaming on Netflix now.

It has always been a wacky show and not tweener youth orientated, although no adult could take it seriously either. It has a fan friendly cast and has had good guest stars, often with prior links to the card hobby from other shows. You could have gotten many autographs from most of these people.

With the risks taken by card makers to produce sets for some other show and film titles with a lot less going for them, I can not understand why no one ever took a chance on Lucifer. Afraid of the Devil I guess. Big Grin

Would have been nice to have had a set. I would have been in for it

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm really hoping someone picks up the license for Amazon's "The Boys". I think a set from that show would be a massive hit. Are you listening Rittenhouse or Crypto? Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm really hoping someone picks up the license for Amazon's "The Boys". I think a set from that show would be a massive hit. Are you listening Rittenhouse or Crypto? Wink

Apparently Dynamite has the license; they've promoted or "pre-sold" several card sets since last November. I haven't seen things show up in auctions; some of their sets are exclusive to Diamond or Kickstarter, but many don't seem to survive the early marketing push.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Apparently Dynamite has the license; they've promoted or "pre-sold" several card sets since last November. I haven't seen things show up in auctions; some of their sets are exclusive to Diamond or Kickstarter, but many don't seem to survive the early marketing push.

Not sure what you mean. I don't care for the series myself, but if someone went out and got the license I would think that at least word of it would get out in a year, if not the cards themselves. Are you saying that the pre-sell funding isn't working or that sets have been made, but absorbed by only favorite sons?

"The Boys" is one of those titles that start to get stupid really fast because they start off at such a borderline level, it's close to the top to begin with. Slowing down the production for COVID probably works in its favor, but if the cards don't get made and sold while its still carrying the hype, it will fade with the next show like it.

That's assuming that the market for "The Boys" cards exists now. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Would like to see Utopia turned into a card set.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Apparently we either forgot about this thread or nobody has a show to recommend in a very long time, but here's a new one.

Forget about "The Umbrella Academy" and "Teen Wolf" and "Harry and Meghan". Big Grin Check out "Wednesday" on Netflix.

Jenna Ortega looks to be a huge talent and the large cast would be perfect for autograph cards and commons with potential, plus some known actors like Christie. The show is a lot of fun, but also creepy and demented.

Somebody should jump on this license, RA! Cool

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I had watched Wednesday too, and thought it would be a perfect subject for a card set. A Jenna motion card of her dance performance would make a killer insert!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
There’s a great show on Epix called FROM(sci-fi/horror). I doubt enough people have seen it to justify a card set, but it would have made a great one. Also, Manifest - but it was on NBC then the final season went to Netflix. It’s a little late for that one. Alas, card sets that never were.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think this came about seeing Jimmy Fallon on a TCDB list being represented by a parody card. And it hit me that an awesome, and ambitious mega set would be one tributing NBC's late night gab fest franchises empire. The Tonight Show proper, Late Night With..., and the various other talk show formatted shows NBC put on in the weeknight overnights over the decades (Tomorrow with Tom Snyder, Later With Bob Costas, Last Call with Carson Daly, etc).

And so...
https://www.tcdb.com/List.cfm/...ate-Night-Empire?C=0

September 27th of 2024 will mark the 70th anniversary of the debut of the historic late night TV franchise on NBC, The Tonight Show.

Considering licensing rights, dealing with estates, production companies, studios, etc, this is a project that can not be produced, but fun to think about.

Being generous this has to be done in series, with all sorts of inserts, autos and even memorabilia (how much would a swath of a shown worn Carson jacket fetch!).

Personally, the bulk, on The Tonight Show proper would be;
Steve Allen/Jack Parr The Early Years
Johnny Carson I The NYC early days
Johnny Carson II The move to LA through this final show
Jay Leno Both tenures in the same series
Conan O’Brien
Jimmy Fallon

I’d also run a dedicated 7th series to the iconic shows that followed The Tonight Show. Notably Tomorrow with Tom Snyder, and the Late Night series with David Letterman, Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers.

As well as an insert touch on various other similar gabfest format shows NBC produced for overnight time slots over the years, such as Later and Last Call.

While the show hosts would dominate the set, cards would feature prominent guests, guest hosts, unique segments, memorable moments and characters done on the show, etc.

Posts: 1 | Location: New York City | Registered: January 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I'm still sticking with The Boys. Everything would be great from Base Set images to Auto/Art cards. Would love to know if anyone has tried and if so, why didn't it happen?

So many shows don't translate to obvious card sets in my mind, even popular ones. I still don't get Outlander.

I think if someone would have jumped on a one and done fully loaded Yellowstone a couple of years ago it would have been hot. Things seem to be falling apart now. Imagine how crazy a Kelly Reilly autograph would be?

Surprised Cobra Kai does not have a set.

Doom Patrol series on Max would have also been awesome.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think non-sport cards are really going to have a problem getting new content coming from TV shows and films that are not part of franchise titles and licenses already owned by some card maker. We just don't have that many left who are big enough to take on the risk of something new and have the available capital to afford the try, while still expensing for what they are already producing.

As repetitive as it is getting, franchise related titles are seen as safe "sell outs" for the likes of RA, Topps and UD.

RA hopes "House of the Dragon" will be just an extension to "Game of Thrones" card collectors. UD has ePacks to prop up their expensive Marvel products. At "Cryptozoic", making entertainment cards don't seem to be a priority anymore. "Fanatics" is still an unknown, not having shown good judgement on new products or a firm commitment to Topps old titles either. After that it's just "Leaf" with "Pop Century" and the smaller independents who don't have enough money to obtain a major license.

This is a subject for another thread, but new card titles and new licenses are going to be passed over simply because we are either losing the card manufacturers who were the majors or they are restricting their business themselves, and no new publishers of sufficient size are showing up to fill the void.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Mission: Impossible series of movies would make a good set. There are some pretty big names in the series who have never (as far as I know) been on any "standard" nonsport cards (not counting 1/1, or other very limited cards) -- Tom Cruise, Jean Reno, Ving Rhames, Michelle Monaghan, Tom Hollander, Tom Wilkinson, Maggie Q, Keri Russell, Billy Crudup, Kristin Scott Thomas, Lalo Schifrin. I'd imagine a Tom Cruise autographed card would be very desirable.

NCIS has had a slew of guest stars who would make good cards.

A set based on covers of TV Guide could include just about everyone.

It's been quite a while since there was a good pop/rock music set.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Imagine how crazy a Kelly Reilly autograph would be?

If you like Kelly Reilly now, might I suggest watching an English crime drama called "Above Suspicion", if you haven't done so already. Even though it ran for 3 seasons, it's really only a few episodes per series and it's a pretty surprising continuous storyline.

After I saw it, I thought she would be a major star someday. Don't know why it's taking so long.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've really been enjoying this season of Battlebots. I have no idea how many card collectors would be into Battlebots cards, but I think this is actually a set that could be made reasonably inexpensively by even a small manufacturer.

First off, you don't even need to license Battlebots -- you could just make a 'combat robots' set.

There are a TON of popular combat robots and teams -- I'm sure you could find enough teams who would work with you to get photos of their bots, autographs of popular builders/drivers, and material for prop cards using either new parts sourced by the team, used parts, swag, or parts of the wardrobe/costumes they wear at the event at an acceptable cost.

I don't think this will actually happen, but if a manufacturer was so inclined I think this set could feasibly be made.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While I would say"Battlebots" might've peaked in popularity a few years ago, a card set for it (or a generic robot set) sounds like a good idea. Maybe you do a history of toy robots and incorporate images from the show as a chase level. Some people are really into collecting toy robots so you might reel in some business from them. I've seen the "American Pickers" go for any high quality ones from the 50's-60's they come across.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I've really been enjoying this season of Battlebots. I have no idea how many card collectors would be into Battlebots cards, but I think this is actually a set that could be made reasonably inexpensively by even a small manufacturer.

First off, you don't even need to license Battlebots -- you could just make a 'combat robots' set.

There are a TON of popular combat robots and teams -- I'm sure you could find enough teams who would work with you to get photos of their bots, autographs of popular builders/drivers, and material for prop cards using either new parts sourced by the team, used parts, swag, or parts of the wardrobe/costumes they wear at the event at an acceptable cost.

I don't think this will actually happen, but if a manufacturer was so inclined I think this set could feasibly be made.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The "Police Academy" movies would make a good set.

I thought the original "Quantum Leap" series would work but it only had two regular cast members, and one of them is dead. And the guest cast was a bunch of relative unknowns.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a collector market for Battlebots on some level.

For the first time I've noticed teams are selling broken bot parts on eBay, and parts like broken wheels are selling for hundreds of dollars. Very recognizable parts can sell for $1000+.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Since it appears that people are using Kickstarter to make almost every card set imaginable, I would love to see a set of my favorite childhood show, Voyagers! Even though Jon Erik Hexum passed in 1984, I am sure that Meeno Peluce would sign cards. There were many famous guest stars as well. Ed Begley Jr as one of the Wright Brothers. Jonathan Frakes was Charles Lindbergh. Anything is possible

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Guess this thread is kind of dead since few streaming shows are even considered for a license, but I just started watching this one on Netflix. "Resident Alien" is in its 3rd season, but I'm on the 3rd episode. Seems pretty good and some of the actors have signed before, most notably star Alan Tudyk and guest Linda Hamilton. Not that cards will follow of course, but the cast is large enough.