Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Rittenhouse Archives has said that they plan to do a big DS9 set similar to their "Complete Voyager" sometime next year, I believe. No real details have been released, other than to expect some autographs from folks who've never signed for a card series before (Michael Dorn and Colm Meaney, perhaps?).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Bob, thanks for the info - Robert Kohlbus mentioned this in the Complete B5 thread!

aagranata. I don't know if this is the same thing, but there was a regular 'seriel' in the British comedy sketch show "The Two Ronnies", starring Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett, which matches your series about dominant women and subservient men. The 'serial' featured Diana Dors as the supreme ruler!

Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I'm catching up...Thanks Watcher. Actually, I have a box of POTA Archives yet to complete. I think the Archives set was good, but I'm more interested a reprint set. Something like the 1967 Leaf Star Trek reprint set.
It would be great to have a combined reprint set of the 1969 movie & 1975 tv series. Only expand it to like Mars Attacks Archives. Adding in autographs and dual autos, costume cards, film clip cards, stickers and mint original release cards from the movie and tv sets would really hit the spot.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shows i would like to see for a card set with possibilities of autographs as inserts would be:

Quantum Leap (Scott Bakula from Star Trek Enterprise and also Dean Stockwell which by the way has an auto from the next card series of Twilight Zone)
Macgyver (I know Richard Dean Anderson already signed for Stargate Sg-1 but it would be cool to have him sign for this set)

I am not positive if anyone said these two shows but i read most of the replys and as i saw no one said these. I would think NYPD Blue would be a great set also!!!

I would think of more shows but I can't come up with any. So If i do ill post them!!!

Posts: 15 | Location: Holmen, Wisconsin | Registered: March 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
Another thought......HOw about Iron Chef? There could be cards from each show....and autos of the chairman and the chefs, and maybe some of the tasters. Chase cards of the memorable challegers and odd theme ingredients.

kathy wc

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
An Iron Chef set would be great! About a year or two ago, a Japanese set was announced, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardsonthebrain
posted Hide Post
If a Sonic The Hedgehog set is out there then surely a Mission Impossible (TV) deserves to be made.

Posts: 132 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards from Timeslip (a British TV SCIFI series from the 70s) would be great...a really thought- provoking series which treated children like adults in the concept explored...and a great, and at times scary, adventure as well ..Any thought Darren?

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HalliwellManor
posted Hide Post
ALIAS!!! They probably will make one, but we had to add it to the list! It would be easy though, they could do episode cards and then Sydney's Disguises cards and autographs and ooh lots of things!!! A Python set would be good too, they could do redemption cards for dead parrots! Apart from that, we'd love it if they did Mummy Cards now, with really, really BIG Brendan Fraser cards!!!
Halliwell Manor

Posts: 176 | Location: UK (Bristol) | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
Kennywood, in an earlier post you mentioned you'd like to see a set of Hellraiser. Well, I have a set of Hellraiser cards, put out by ECLIPSE back in 1992. I think the only bonus cards consisted of a couple of holograms, which I never found in any packs.

It'd be awesome to see a newer printing with prism, and lentiular chase cards. Maybe a parallel set featuring the cenobites. Autographs of Pinhead smile and Julia smile Cool!!!

A set of Stephen King cards, in an earlier post, would be awesome too!!!!! How about a chase set showing the cameo's he's done in each movie smile

How about a series done on The Excorcist??? It could be limited to so many cases. Magic motion inserts, behind the scenes subsets, and autographs by Linda Blair smile

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Halliwell:

There are already two Python sets (Holy Grail and Flying Circus). Both were put out in '95 by Cornerstone Communications (who is now out of business). Both were pretty creative and well done.

I hear an Alias card series is all but assured.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of orcasnm
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with Perfect Blue. '24' needs a card series. For me it is the best TV show on at the moment in terms of action, acting and suspense!
It would be a great series, especially for autographs, simply because there are so many characters. I count about 25 worthwhile characters they could have a signees!
Of course, maybe not all at the same time, but there always could be a series 2! wink

-OrcasNM

Posts: 13 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
So far out of all these good ideas, the one that excites me the most is Stephen King. There are just so many possibilities because he has done so much cool stuff.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HalliwellManor
posted Hide Post
H-Toser:

Thanks for the info! Any ideas on who could be doing the alias set?!?!

Halliwell Manor

Posts: 176 | Location: UK (Bristol) | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
HalliwellManor

It hasn't been announed yet. In fact, I'm not positive that any one company has been awarded the license yet but I know that it is in the works and will be announced soon. I'm guessing (and this is just my opinion) that we'll probably see something in the fall as that's when these things seem to usually turn up.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
Alias is an excellent show, one of the best spy shows ever on TV. Happy to hear of a a possible card set. Here's what I'd like to see as far as other card sets:
Buckaroo Banzai
Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (BBC series)
Austin Powers 1 & 3
IMAX 3-D cards

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Been reading thro' this thread & seen some great ideas. Hill St Blues would be great (tho' I believe several major cast members are now deceased, so autos could be a problem?).

On the UK front - TISWAS has to be a brilliant idea. How much would you pay for a Phantom Flan Flinger auto? or a Trevor McDonut?? What about a Sally James subset - or a Compost Corner "Smellorama" chase set. The possibilities are endless

Even better - Blue Peter! Who needs costume cards when you could have a "sticky back plastic" card, a "used washing up liquid bottle" card OR a card containing a piece of Valerie Singletons old knickers?!?! big grin big grin

I've already confused the majority of the people from "over the pond" elsewhere on this board, so I'm going to shut up now

"Get Down Shep!"

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even better - Blue Peter! Who needs costume cards when you could have a "sticky back plastic" card, a "used washing up liquid bottle" card OR a card containing a piece of Valerie Singletons old knickers?!?!

Or Lesley Judd. Though I think Jolly Sensible skirts and/or sewaters would be more appropriate.
Special Redemptiopn Card for either a Gold Blue Peter Badge or a set of Blue Peter Annuals.

Au Res.,
Paul (off for a little lie down...)

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
OK - It would be a liscensing nightmare, but how about a 50 Years of Game Shows set! Everything from What's My Line to Millionaire. The list of possible autographs would be pretty cool and maybe stick in a few "Winning Cards" for some kind of prize... or would you rather trade that for what's behind door number 2?

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelydan
posted Hide Post
How about some card sets (with auto's) from the various music stars? I bet the Rock Stars auto's and some of the Country stars auto's would go for big bucks! Maybe a Hall Of Fame Set.It would be fun and interesting in any case! smile

Posts: 198 | Location: LaCrosse,Wisconsin | Registered: March 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post