Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Here is part of an article from Variety about the 1960s Batman TV series. Maybe we can finally get a card set.

"For the first time in 40 years, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will be able to use the likeness of the show's stars, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, on everything from apparel to toys, home goods, publishing and promotions.

WBCP will introduce the new "Batman" product opportunities to potential partners and retailers at next week's Licensing Expo, running June 12-14 in Las Vegas. First products will launch in the spring."

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
Here is part of an article from Variety about the 1960s Batman TV series. Maybe we can finally get a card set.

"For the first time in 40 years, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will be able to use the likeness of the show's stars, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, on everything from apparel to toys, home goods, publishing and promotions.

WBCP will introduce the new "Batman" product opportunities to potential partners and retailers at next week's Licensing Expo, running June 12-14 in Las Vegas. First products will launch in the spring."

Wow, that's BIG news. More than most would think.

I wonder if Steve @ RA is attending the Licensing Expo? I know that set has been on his wish list.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Dancing With The Stars, especially with my city's own Tom Bergeron autograph card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Dancing With The Stars, especially with my city's own Tom Bergeron autograph card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing With the Stars would make a pretty decent set if they covered all the seasons.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I just purchased Sherlock (BBC) season 2 as we in the U.S. just got it over here. Boy, I love those episodes. That would be an awesome set for autos, memorabilia and sketches! Cumberbatch, Freeman, swatches of Sherlock's coat, etc...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Once Upon A Time is screaming out for a set, I can't imagine no one will try and pick this up. Huge cast of actors for autos, most of which actually play 2 different people, so plenty of potential for the autographs. Plus it's a ratings winner, so it could run for several years and have a large fanbase.

Word is at least one of the manufacturers has a proposal in for it.

Ohh, that's good to know, hopefully it's approved.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's great news, I hope who-ever it is gets the license. I'm hoping it's Breygent, I loved what they did with the Tudors set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I´d like to see a great set of the tv show: Criminal minds, one of my favourite shows. I´m surprised there is no card set of this one!

And I also would like to see a set of the Phantom which is not a tv show of course. I have tons of comics of the Phantom, one of my favourites since I was a kid.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
Id love to see Weeds,Nurse Jackie and Teen Wolf.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
I´d like to see a great set of the tv show: Criminal minds, one of my favourite shows. I´m surprised there is no card set of this one!

And I also would like to see a set of the Phantom which is not a tv show of course. I have tons of comics of the Phantom, one of my favourites since I was a kid.

I love Criminal Minds....

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Another of my favorite shows is Better Off Ted..

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Great work! Love the show too.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone considered another older show like "Murder She Wrote?" Plenty of seasons & tons of big name guest stars...

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Has anyone considered another older show like "Murder She Wrote?" Plenty of seasons & tons of big name guest stars...

Who would be the target audience?

That had an older demographic when it was on the air. Which would make the target audience even older.

Can't see it working...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

That had an older demographic when it was on the air. Which would make the target audience even older.

Can't see it working...

Ed

Mmmm... I dunno about that. I was in my early 20's when the show was at its height of popularity and I never missed an episode. Big Grin Of course, I was a huge PBS Mystery fan, too, so 'Murder She Wrote' was kind of my Americanized version of Mystery. Wink I also know that I wasn't the only person my age who watched the show.

And RevJay is right; looking back, it's surprising the number of big name stars who were guests on the show. That, along with the nostalgia factor, might just drive a limited set. I'd buy one, that's for sure. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There would also be a huge quality control problem. It would be hard to tell if a card was creased or if was just the actors pictures.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Although not TV, I would a love series done on Bourne. With the fourth one due out on Monday, and that there are other chromosome defectives out there, could be a great and lasting product to pick up.

Then there's Dr Who...........Anyone heard of this one?

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Can't see it working...

Ed

Mmmm... I dunno about that. I was in my early 20's when the show was at its height of popularity and I never missed an episode. Big Grin Of course, I was a huge PBS Mystery fan, too, so 'Murder She Wrote' was kind of my Americanized version of Mystery. Wink I also know that I wasn't the only person my age who watched the show.

And RevJay is right; looking back, it's surprising the number of big name stars who were guests on the show. That, along with the nostalgia factor, might just drive a limited set. I'd buy one, that's for sure. Thumb Up

As much as I love Murder She Wrote and would be in the right demographic (being 28 years old), I have to agree with Ed and say sadly that I can't imagine that this set would do well. Set about older TV shows seem not to be doing as well (see the Brady Bunch set, Inkwork's Classic TV set, etc) and I can't even imagine how it would be advertised to potential buyers. Too bad really, as many of the main characters (Lansbury, Windom, Masak) are still alive and there were a wealth of popular guest stars that would make a great lineup. I just don't think anyone would buy it in bulk, which is what retailers need right now if they make the initial risk and put out the money to buy it from the distributor.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure this has been mentioned before (probably be me Big Grin) but I'd love a Breaking Bad set. As it's the last season next year, a one-off complete series of cards with autographs would be spec-tac-ular! Such a popular show, I think it would be well received, especially after the success of The Walking Dead sets.

Are you listening Crytozoic? ARE YOU!!!

Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post