Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think a set of the highlander film (first one) would be cool. The following films couldnt keep my interest. Have a "there can only be one" special insert per box or case. You can make a bunch of different types but only one of each.
I think another cool idea would be Alfred Hitchcock presents I bet there are quite a few actors and actresses that could sign from that series. Have a special insert series devoted to the films.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SpaceMan
posted Hide Post
TV Westerns
Cisco Kid
Gray Ghost
Have Gun Will Travel
Wagon Train
Rawhide

And a few more
Adventures of Jim Bowie
Annie Oakley
Bat Masterson
Cheyenne
Johnny Ringo
Rifleman
Rin Tin Tin
Sgt. Preston of the Yukon
Stagecoach West
SugarFoot
Swamp Fox
Tales of Wells Fargo
Wanted Dead or Alive
Wyatt Earp
Yancy Derringer

Posts: 43 | Location: USA | Registered: June 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Spaceman:
I imagine you must have the Topps '58
TV Westerns set! About 1/3 of your list is there.
A bit short in numbers, but a really nice set
for the old Westerns fan.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
24 so needs a set of cards!
And i'll have to apologise to non-UK members who may not have a clue what i am on about...
But the other day a friend and I where joking about an Eastenders card set! Chase sets would include die-cut emmossed 'Pat Butcher earing collectiom' and 'Up in flames' a lenticular set of the best fires (cause come on - how may times has the car-lot burnt down now?)

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Well if we are going to travel the English Channel then a few good sets could be...

Fawlty Towers

The Women of Benny Hill

Monty Python's Flying Circus

The Black Adder

On the film side was there ever a card set of Logans Run??? Jenny Agutter is a babe.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelydan
posted Hide Post
I still would like to see a Beastmaster set! It would have some great auto's! Also, The Lost World-(tv show).What I wouldn't give for a Jeniffer O' Dell autographed card! I also like the idea of some of those older tv shows. Monty Python would be a great set and Night Gallery too. Spaceman - you actually remember Yancy Derringer? LOL! That's Cool!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: LaCrosse,Wisconsin | Registered: March 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
How about Logan's Run? I know the TV show didn't last very long, but the movie would make a great set. As for something that is strictly a TV show, I would like to see a set for Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles.

By the way, I'm surprised to see someone out there other than me remembers Lidsville and UFO!! I loved watching those shows in the 70's.
While I'm fondly remembering the good sci-fi shows of the 70's, does anyone remember a British sci-fi show in which women ruled and men were subserviant??? It used to be on Armed Forces Network in Germany during the late 70's.

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have a sixth sense or something because a few months back I jotted down a list of sets I,d love to see.A few have already appeared eg.Captain Scarlet/Outer Limits(60,s)and some are due eg.The Prisoner/Joe 90/UFO/Space 1999.
A few on my list have already been mentioned but, I,d love the following to be made:
1.Blakes 7(come on Cards Inc-what about it!)
2.Die Hard movie series
3.Doomwatch
4.HP Lovecraft(many movies have been made based on his writings)
5.Millennium(gotta have a Lance Henriksen auto)
6.Mission:Impossible(TV and Movies)
7.Department S/Jason King
8.The New Avengers
9.The Professionals
10.The Invaders
11.Kolchak:The Night Stalker
12.Alfred Hitchcock(Presents and movies)
13.Fantasy Island
14.Time Tunnel
15.Futurama
16.The League Of Gentlemen(not sure if this has reached the States yet but,is essential cult viewing in my eyes)
17.The Invisible Man(tricky!)
18.The Man from UNCLE(deserves a modern remake)
19.Tommorrow People
20.Wonder Woman

I could go on but,I think thats enough for now.

Posts: 16 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
Okay, I haven't been exactly 100% honest. Sure I would like to see a Logan's Run set and a Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles set, but what I would really LOVE to see is....now, don't laugh.....a Fox News Channel set. I can just imagine the fun I would have cracking open boxes searching for that elusive Neil Cavuto or Sean Hannity autograph card!

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
OK,I'll throw in my votes.
From earlier lstings,I agree with sets of...
S.King
Hitchcock

Also how about sets of...
Clint Eastwood
NYPD Blue
Homicide
MadTV
70'S Show
Profiler
heck you could basically do a TV Detective series,Baretta(hah),Starskey&Hutch,Cannon,Rockford,etc...

Bernie

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelydan
posted Hide Post
I always thought LaFemme Nikita (TV Show) would have made a great set too! Love that Peta Wilson!

Posts: 198 | Location: LaCrosse,Wisconsin | Registered: March 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dune
posted Hide Post
I always used to love the TV series Thundercats.. ok so no great autos for that but the series was fun... also used to like The Moomins and The smurfs - a smurfs set would be good *is a 5 year old at heart* And I know it isn't really trading card material, but an Ally McBeal set would be good, if only for the possible autos, they've had so many famous guests, Elton, Macy Grey, Sting, Dame Edna Everage (lol) and Bon Jovi..the list goes on.

Posts: 330 | Location: North East England | Registered: March 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
J.A.G. set
Babylon 5 Crusade & Rangers set
to make B5 complete really complete.
Planet of the Apes 1969 Movie Reprint set
with costume and autographs.
Planet of the Apes 1975 TV Reprint set
with costume and autographs.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- xtime: If you liked the original Planet of the Apes series of movies, you may want to check out Inkworks'1999 "Planet of the Apes Archives" set. This card set spans the 5 original motion pictures. The inserts included a set of 4 foil cards in tribute to the late Roddy McDowell, 9 foil framed movie poster cards & a 'Copperworks' foil card (Statue of Liberty end scene). There were also randomly inserted autographs from Linda Harrison (Nova), Natalie Trundy (mutant Albina, Dr. Stephanie "Stevie" Branton, Cæsar's chimp wife, Lisa), Jeff Corey (mutant Caspay), Don Pedro Colley (mutant Ongaro) and Buck Kartalian (Julius). This set was marked as series 1, but the lukewarm interest at the time of release didn't justify a series 2. Sealed boxes are readily available at decent prices.

*** Watcher

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Watcher ]

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
How about Biker Mice from Mars?

kathy wc

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
A tangent of the intention I suspect, but I would REALLY like a decent DS9 set. If RA can get the DS9 license, they could do a lot worse than follow their Vurrent/upcoming B5 and Voyager sets with a similar one for DS9, which was (in my opinion) poorly treated as far as cards are concerned. Besides, it might be an opportunity to get an Iggy Pop auto card!

Most of my experience on TV (outside of the SF world) is British comedy, and I'm not sure how much of a worldwide market there would be, but perhaps a "Yes, Minister/PRime Minister" set would be good? A set based on The Goodies, anyone?
How about a set based on "The Sky At Night" - this coud be educational too - the show is the longest running TV show in the world, and the set could use some fantastic real images of space, with a chase set devoted to the Solar System, and an ultra rare Sir Patrick Moore auto card (perhaps even some of the special guests wh o have appeared on the show scould sign - I believe some of the astronauts showed their faces!)
Another idea - British Children's Television. IT could cover the wide range of shows, from "The Clangers", "Roobarb and Custard", "Crystal Tips and Alistair", "Trumpton", "Blue Peter", "Tiswas", "Magpie", "The Tomorrow People", "Captain Pugwash", "Dangermouse", "Wallace & Gromit", etc...
Many of those involved with the earlier shows are still around, and could possibly be persuaded to sign things, and there would be plenty of scope for 'sequel' series!
There could even be a chase set of 'Sticky Back Plastic' cards...
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI to some of you guys. . .

Some of the sets you are looking for already exist -- check NSU. . .

Ones that come to mind:

Monty Python Flying Circus (also a Holy Grail set)
Smurfs Supercards (the first widevision set, I think)

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelydan
posted Hide Post
I still think a Monty Python set with AUTO's would be great! I also like that idea of an Ally McBeal set with all the guest stars they had. Boston Public also has potential. Let's not forget Jeri Ryan is on that show!!! smile

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
An addition to my previous suggestions: The West Wing.

Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I reckon a Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman set would be good - especially if they could get Sandra Bullock to do an autograph card.

One from the Wonder Woman TV show with auto cards by Lynda Carter (natch) and Debra Winger.

Considering the number of guest stars on it (remember the ones who popped up out of the windows), one from the Batman TV show would surely be a commercial success.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post