Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
How about a talk show hosts set? There are a lot of fun hosts whose autos I'd like to have. To name a few: Craig Ferguson, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Steve Harvey, Ellen DeGeneres, Geoff Petersen... Big Grin

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Major Crimes Card set would be nice Smile
Really like that show with Mary McDonald and G W Bailey

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised we never saw a 'Friends' set. The autograph potential is phenomenal!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I'm surprised we never saw a 'Friends' set. The autograph potential is phenomenal!

The main cast was making $1,000,000 an episode. Do you think they would really be interested in signing cards.

Plus, it would mostly be pictures of people sitting around talking. Not sure it would appeal to the average collector and not sure you could sell cards to the average viewer.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Oh, you're really missing something not watching Community! It's one of my favourite comedies Smile

And no, I haven't sent any off. I live in Australia, so I don't know how I would go about sending them off and then getting them sent back. I'd really love to print out all the customs I have made (especially my Haven, Deadwood and Mad Men sets) and send them off to get signed, but I'm just not sure how to go about it all.

I can fill you in on getting your cards printed off. I have printed about 1000 auto cards now including a couple of yours, which turned out nice, and have sent many of them off to be signed.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I just started working on some Pixar auto cards to get set out next month. I do ok with the Disney one so we will see.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
What about doing a TV Classics set by decade? Series one could be the 70s, then series 2 could be the 80s,etc. The inkworks set was cool in the 90s.

The 70s could include people from Sanford and Son, Barney Miller, etc. 80s would include Night Court, Cheers, etc.

There would be a lot of good autos to get and some potential for a cut signature or two for each set. Costumes / props would be tough, but the base cards could be fun.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
What about doing a TV Classics set by decade? Series one could be the 70s, then series 2 could be the 80s,etc. The inkworks set was cool in the 90s.

The 70s could include people from Sanford and Son, Barney Miller, etc. 80s would include Night Court, Cheers, etc.

There would be a lot of good autos to get and some potential for a cut signature or two for each set. Costumes / props would be tough, but the base cards could be fun.

Not to shoot down your idea, but you do realize how close to impossible a set like this would be, don't you?

Different networks, different production companies, and shows that are not actively being licensed.

Just because you want to make a set does not mean you'll get the proper support to actually get the thing done.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the BBC's "Sherlock" get a set. I just got done watching the initial 6 episodes and am now hooked on this show.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
How about Gravity Falls? It's a cute show, and the voice talent on the show is very good. Linda Cardellini, Jason Ritter, and Kristen Schaal voice characters. John Oliver did the voice of wax Sherlock Holmes. It would be a fun set for families to open together. I'd like to see sketch cards and animation cel inserts. Fake costume cards would be fun too, especially with all the sweaters that Mabel wears.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'd like to see the BBC's "Sherlock" get a set. I just got done watching the initial 6 episodes and am now hooked on this show.

I second this idea. I can't wait for the next series.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I did send off some other cards as part of my Masterpiece Mystery set but here are some newer cards I made and am sending off for Sherlock.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HOUSE OF CARDS + ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK ( in love with Taylor Schilling Wink )

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
HOUSE OF CARDS + ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK ( in love with Taylor Schilling Wink )

Me Too. I'd buy my first ever case if someone released an OITNB set. Luv You

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Since we have been enjoying Sleepy Hollow and it was picked up for a full season, how about a trading card treatment?

Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since we have been enjoying Sleepy Hollow and it was picked up for a full season, how about a trading card treatment?

Cool Nice....but only if there is a Clancy Brown auto up for grabs!! Luv You Bouncey

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zinc:
quote:

Cool Nice....but only if there is a Clancy Brown auto up for grabs!! Luv You Bouncey

OK, I agree with that. Feel like he's been all over the place over the years, always likeable / enjoyable. I'd also want prop cards for that set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile I didn't create mock ups.

Space 1999 by having 2 sets covering each season.

Here are mock up for Year One by using HD images from Blu Ray. More to come...

Disclaimer:
This is only mock up of my wish list and it's not a real Space 1999 Year One series.

I include the Topps logo to give a visual idea.

- Autograph, Tribute and Memorabilia:

- Foil Character Bio, Cut signature and sketch card

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!! Those are, as always, fantastic! I love the Art card and the cut auto would be great.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
What about:

The Following or The Black List?