Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Chuck repos for that sort of money, I have to wonder if the people bidding really understand that they are just buying a printed copy of these autos not true originals.

Troy Baker is very well known and quite famous in the gaming industry, when you look him up, he has done voice overs for so many big games it's not funny. He's done Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum & City, Bioshock Infinite, Fable, a few different Star Wars games, Resident Evil 6, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 among so many more. He also does alot of animated tv shows too.

Then you have someone like Nolan North who is the voice of Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series. He's also done Assassin's Creed, was also in The Last of Us, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham City, a few Star Wars games and so many more I could go on forever.
He's also guest stared in quite a few shows, my favourite being Haven, which I find cool because He and Emily both work together on the Uncharted series as well Smile
A little story, he did voice work for J.J Abrams' movie Super 8 and Abrams found out that he was the voice of Nathan Drake from Uncharted, which Abrams and his son are huge fans of. He was so excited to meet North that Abrams said 'We're doing Start Trek, you wanna do it?' and North accepted and got a small part as a U.S.S. Vengeance Bridge Officer. I think that is so cool.

So I would love real autos from these guys, they are huge in there own industry, and I really think sales would show that they would sell almost as well as the some of the mainstream actors.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Wow Chuck repos for that sort of money, I have to wonder if the people bidding really understand that they are just buying a printed copy of these autos not true originals.

Troy Baker is very well known and quite famous in the gaming industry, when you look him up, he has done voice overs for so many big games it's not funny. He's done Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum & City, Bioshock Infinite, Fable, a few different Star Wars games, Resident Evil 6, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 among so many more. He also does alot of animated tv shows too.

Then you have someone like Nolan North who is the voice of Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series. He's also done Assassin's Creed, was also in The Last of Us, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham City, a few Star Wars games and so many more I could go on forever.
He's also guest stared in quite a few shows, my favourite being Haven, which I find cool because He and Emily both work together on the Uncharted series as well Smile
A little story, he did voice work for J.J Abrams' movie Super 8 and Abrams found out that he was the voice of Nathan Drake from Uncharted, which Abrams and his son are huge fans of. He was so excited to meet North that Abrams said 'We're doing Start Trek, you wanna do it?' and North accepted and got a small part as a U.S.S. Vengeance Bridge Officer. I think that is so cool.

So I would love real autos from these guys, they are huge in there own industry, and I really think sales would show that they would sell almost as well as the some of the mainstream actors.


Actually, and I say this as someone who really is not into gaming, this could be the future of our hobby. I work in a school district. A lot of our kids no longer watch TV shows. They seem to spend a lot of time on Facebook / Twitter / playing video games, with games being the preferred time suck. A set based on a video game could revitalize the hobby or, at the very least, draw in some new customers.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I definitely agree that there is a pretty large untapped card market in video games. I know they tried a Halo set before with sketches. Not sure how it did, but I didn't hear about it until recently.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just signed up to this forum today so I'm not sure if it has been discussed, but I would love a sketch-based set for Dragon Ball/DBZ. I think there would be an international appeal for a well-made sketch/auto set; as far as I know the manga/cartoon are still huge in Japan, and video game companies seem to continually make games based on the series, so why not a card set (I know there was a trading card game-type set that was made, but that's totally different).
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by t2554:
I just signed up to this forum today so I'm not sure if it has been discussed, but I would love a sketch-based set for Dragon Ball/DBZ. I think there would be an international appeal for a well-made sketch/auto set; as far as I know the manga/cartoon are still huge in Japan, and video game companies seem to continually make games based on the series, so why not a card set (I know there was a trading card game-type set that was made, but that's totally different).


You are aware of the Artbox Dragon Ball Z sets, right? They made a bunch between about 1996 and 2002. Regular cards, Filmcards (or Filmcardz), etc. These were regular cards, not game cards, but to my knowledge, there were no sketch cards involved in any of the releases, though there were some other inserts like prism cards and clear cards.
 
Posts: 12934 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by t2554:
I just signed up to this forum today so I'm not sure if it has been discussed, but I would love a sketch-based set for Dragon Ball/DBZ. I think there would be an international appeal for a well-made sketch/auto set; as far as I know the manga/cartoon are still huge in Japan, and video game companies seem to continually make games based on the series, so why not a card set (I know there was a trading card game-type set that was made, but that's totally different).


You are aware of the Artbox Dragon Ball Z sets, right? They made a bunch between about 1996 and 2002. Regular cards, Filmcards (or Filmcardz), etc. These were regular cards, not game cards, but to my knowledge, there were no sketch cards involved in any of the releases, though there were some other inserts like prism cards and clear cards.

No I don't think I've seen them before, but base and inserts don't do much for me. I'm primarily a sketch collector (autos and memorabilia as well, but those are usually secondary to sketches).
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Someone should do a set for Sharknado, a terrible movie with a ridiculous premise and horrid acting, but an absolutely must see movie event! Pretty much every forum I frequent is buzzing about it and twitter was being flooded with people talking about it.


____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


 
Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Someone should do a set for Sharknado, a terrible movie with a ridiculous premise and horrid acting, but an absolutely must see movie event! Pretty much every forum I frequent is buzzing about it and twitter was being flooded with people talking about it.



Actually, they should do a set for all the terrible movies SyFy has produced over the last decade. There are some real, um, gems(?) out there just begging for a set. Tiffany and Debbie Gibson could be on the autograph list along with some other good names. Danica McKellar did at least one of those Saturday night disaster movies.

On a separate note, I'd like to see a set for Harper's Island. There were several interesting actors in that. Jim Beaver and Katie Cassidy from Supernatural and Elaine Cassidy, too.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Just thought of another I'd like: "New Girl"

I love the show, and I love Zooey. She's quirky and cute. However, the guys make the show. They are messed up, and I often find myself rewinding to make they really said what they just said. Winston is hilarious, especially when he is planning to help with a prank.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
Just thought of another I'd like: "New Girl"

I love the show, and I love Zooey. She's quirky and cute. However, the guys make the show. They are messed up, and I often find myself rewinding to make they really said what they just said. Winston is hilarious, especially when he is planning to help with a prank.


I also would love a New Girl set Smile
Did you see my custom ones back in the early pages of the custom cards thread?



I still want a Haven set so much and a Community set(come on Press Pass, you did an amazing job on Parks and Rec, now Community please!)
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

I still want a Haven set so much and a Community set(come on Press Pass, you did an amazing job on Parks and Rec, now Community please!)


Love those New Girl cards! Have you sent any off to get them signed yet?

I'd be on board for a Haven set, but only if they could get costumes and Emily Rose to sign. I thought she was very compelling on the show. I also liked her on Jericho.

I don't watch Community, yet, but I'd like a Donald Glover auto. He's a trip. I could also go for an Allison Brie auto.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh, you're really missing something not watching Community! It's one of my favourite comedies Smile

And no, I haven't sent any off. I live in Australia, so I don't know how I would go about sending them off and then getting them sent back. I'd really love to print out all the customs I have made (especially my Haven, Deadwood and Mad Men sets) and send them off to get signed, but I'm just not sure how to go about it all.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Community is high on my want list, it's so creative.
Heck, you could even have sketch cards based on the episode "Digital Estate Planning", my personal favorite episode, where they are all digital characters in a video game.

____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


 
Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
We would love to see a set of "The Killing" (AMC)

Pete

____________________
Looking for Non Sport Autographed cards and Memorabilia cards from TV/Movie shows.
 
Posts: 503 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
We would love to see a set of "The Killing" (AMC)

Pete


Roger that! Great actors on that show.

While we're at it, how about a Longmire set? LDP, Katee Sackhoff, and Robert Taylor are great on it.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
How about a Top Gear set? I sit here re-watching an old episode and find myself wishing that I had all three hosts autos. Plus, there are a host of celebrities that have been on the show for the "reasonably priced car" bit.

They could also do the Stig's auto, but use the same photo for each of the different people who have been revealed as the Stig.

They could also do memorabilia cards with pieces of James' jumpers, pieces of the body / interiors of all the weird car projects they have done.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
How about a Top Gear set? I sit here re-watching an old episode and find myself wishing that I had all three hosts autos. Plus, there are a host of celebrities that have been on the show for the "reasonably priced car" bit.

They could also do the Stig's auto, but use the same photo for each of the different people who have been revealed as the Stig.

They could also do memorabilia cards with pieces of James' jumpers, pieces of the body / interiors of all the weird car projects they have done.

There has been a top gear set, but unfortunately it was one of those BBC game card type sets (like Dr Who)
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Curb Your Enthusiasm would be a dream for me Smile
smiley face
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
There has been a top gear set, but unfortunately it was one of those BBC game card type sets (like Dr Who)


Yeah, I know, but that doesn't really count. I want a true trading card set treatment. Gaming cards are fine for gaming, but I have no interest in collecting them...
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
How about Person of Interest? It has a great cast ans the guests have been good too.
 
Posts: 773 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from

© Non-Sport Update 2013