Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Tru Calling Smile

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Very Tru Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Rammel:
Tru Calling Smile
After being put out of work prematurely do you think any of the cast would want to be ascociated with the show Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone would remember this show that was on Fox (boo hiss) but I LOVED it:

Freakylinks

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I've asked for the Batman cards and apparently there are some rights issues that keep cropping up. But I agree - the chase cards would be great.

There was a nice set from the 1960s -- these had pics from the show in color! There were some other sets from that era but they were drawings.

I wanted Space:1999 (and UFO) and Cards, Inc. is delivering. smile

I'd like to see Land of the Giants. Perhaps some offbeat sets like Mary Tyler Moore (Lucy has been done, so why not Mary? smile Or Wonder Woman or the Sid and Marty Krofft series? Or the Filmation Sat. Morning series.

There are tons out there!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SpaceMan
posted Hide Post
Space:1999 (Do you know if they are going to digital the color back to orginal color in the series show?) - Some spacesips subsets color Chromium chase cards wink and metal foil character cards (I like the way Topps did the character cards in the new Planet of the Apes movie and Star Wars Attack of the Clones)

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (I know that their is a set made)
All black and white with black and white Chromium chase cards wink and a subsets of the Seaview and the other subs and character black and white Chromium chase cards wink

Posts: 43 | Location: USA | Registered: June 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Have a look at the cards from the preview set on their website http://www.cardsinc.com . The preview set comprises of shots of the hardware.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
1. Does anyone remember night gallery?? that series used to freak me out when I was a kid. I would love to see a set (ala twilight zone) of that show.

2. A card set with chrome or embossed inserts, pieceworks cards and autographs of the first JAWS (Imagine having a piece of bruce the mechanical shark embedded into a card or a piece of Chrissy's bathing suit)

3. A Steven King set that displays book covers, oversea variants as well as pictures from the films based on his books. Insert cards could show domestic and foreign movie posters. You could have autographs from stars as well as the man himself. Also a redemption card for a signed hardcover first printing of one of his books.

I could go on but I'll stop there.

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: mykdude ]

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Cop shows of the 70's and 80's. Imagine the autographed cards and costume cards from shows such as Hill Street Blues, Streets of San Francisco, S.W.A.T. The Rookies, T.J. Hooker, Vegas, Police Story, etcetera. The chase card possibilities are endless. Autographed cards from the likes of William Shatner (T.J. Hooker), Michael Douglas (S.o S.F.), Angie Dickinson (Police Story/Woman) as well as the neat "Undercover" or "Uniformed" costume cards. Just a thought!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SpaceMan
posted Hide Post
Raj
I found a preview card of the UFO set but could not find any info on the preview set for Space 1999 - can you post a link to the Space 1999 set

mykdude
night gallery
(I think TBS re-ran the series last year and/or the year before)
Lenticular motion cards subset (cards look like a picture frame with an image and when you move them they change the image - spooky)
JAWS (the legacy set) - dont forget the baseball cap for piecework cards
A Steven King set - I think a lot of his writings where made for TV too - Lawnmower Man, TommyKnockers (any more)

willgull
and Miami Vice with embossed color cards subsets of the cars and boats and art deco character embossed cards

Posts: 43 | Location: USA | Registered: June 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
When I think of TV shows I've really liked, most of them have already been card sets, and the others would not make good ones.
The one I'd love to see and technically, it's already been done (just ask the dozen or so people who've ever seen it) is The Little Rascals!
Not the 90s movie, but the b&w series which, I believe, were actually film shorts shown later on TV. Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Petey - I could definitely get into that one!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I too would love to see a well done Little Rascals set. Robert Blake could sign autos from prison. I used to watch the reruns every afternoon after school. Little Rascals, Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion. Back in the day when we only had 6 or 7 channels to choose from. If you had a really good antenna you might get 10 or 12.

Spaceman

Great add ons to my idea, Jaws was probably my all time favorite film. Underwater motion cards could be cool as well. The McFarlane piece of the shark laying in quint's boat is part of my home decor.

The Langoliers, The Stand, IT, The Golden Years, Dead Zone (series), Rose Red, Salems Lot and Tales from the Darkside are just some of SK's TV endeavors. There is so much possibility here that you could do a Rittenhouse special of 4 autos a box.

Also like the Night Gallery idea. Have the painting change from normal to gruesome.

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: mykdude ]

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a Dick Van Dyke Show card set (maybe there already is one?) with costume and autograph cards. Just think of the autos: Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Carl Reiner, etc..

Posts: 7 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: August 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll jump in here too - Saturday Night Live! A set has been done, but how about a new one with all the cast members since the first season? Head shots of them as their most well known characters.

The first set is really pretty funny and under-rated,but it covers only a small portion of this show's history.
chase cards could honor the 4 cast members who have died, and guest hosts who have been on the show more than 3 times.
Costume and autograph opportunities would abound.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Spaceman. Couldn't find a Space 1999 link at the site. E-mail them and ask.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
This is off the topic a bit, but does anyone know why someone never made a card set from the first Conan movie? I thought it was pretty good and it would have made an interesting set. Lenticular
battle scene chase and a few auto cards would make me happy smile
Come to think of it - why don't we all fire off an idea or two on sets - any topic - we'd really like to see. We could hold up a nice big sign to the card companys if we showed enough support for a doable title or two.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a Mummy (1999) card set. I found out in the NSU(current issue) that Inkworks made a promo but the set was scrapped.

I would also like to see a well done set of the old Green Hornet and 60's Batman series.

Posts: 5 | Location: East TN | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SpaceMan
posted Hide Post
How about Bennie and Cicel the sea serpent cartoon show wink

Found this site listing Science Fiction tv shows LOL some listed I haven't heard about
http://www.whataslacker.com/scifi/html/gp3.shtml wink

Picture of SpaceMan
posted Hide Post
MikeFitz
The Little Rascals! and Spanky and Our Gang! wink

mykdude
You like my Jaw ideas - Ah you just Jawing wink

jvenhaus
Dick Van Dyke Show - LOL Pop out 3d cards and his funny faces subsets and his fall downs and tripping subsets

Don Norton
Okay, I'll jump in here too - I use a StarGate LOL
Saturday Night Live! and a tribute card to each of the four that is embossed gold and antiqued and/or a send in for a real gold/silver pewter card

Raj
Thanks Raj for the help

MikeFitz
Conan movie - I do not know why- a Legacy set and have sword motion cards too

Kennywood
The Krofft Kollection (pretty clever, eh?) - yes, what do you think kinda done like Betty Boop cards?

7red
Mummy (1999) - ditto - with motion goul/creature cards
the old Green Hornet - ditto, ditto - embossed suede cards like the ones in the new Planet of the Apes movie

wink

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
How about the Highlander??? There would be an awesome auto oportunity here, like, even Edge from the WWF from Highlander: Endgame could sign - plus you have the movies, and TV shows (but they can leave out the new crap they put on the sci-fi channel - bleah frown

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post