Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Continuum and Lost Girl!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I second the Continuum set. Rachel Nichols, say no more...

Haven't checked out Lost Girl, but there are at least a couple of autos I'd like from the set.

I'd also go for a Criminal Minds set. I'd love to see Mandy Patinkin, AJ Cook, Paget Brewster, and Thomas Gibson sign for something.

I'd also like to see a Princess Bride set, but that was not a TV show... Oh, well. I still want it. I wonder if Tom from Breygent is listening. Angel

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
"Orphan Black"

Tatiana Maslany is simply an amazing actress. I'd love to get one of her autograph cards. And just think....you could do multiple versions of the card!

Yep...I'd buy that set all day long. Best show on TV.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CSI card sets..... there are a lot of actors and actresses that have not signed for these
Like Robert Joy from NY, he signed for avp Requiem, Well I wish Smile

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Curb Your Enthusiasm would be a dream for me after Twin peaks, would also like to see Ghost Hunters just to get a Amy Bruni auto Luv You

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
"Orphan Black"

Tatiana Maslany is simply an amazing actress. I'd love to get one of her autograph cards. And just think....you could do multiple versions of the card!

Yep...I'd buy that set all day long. Best show on TV.

Me too Big Grin
Best new show on tv, I'm liking it much more than even Fringe!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
I'd also like to see a Princess Bride set, but that was not a TV show... Oh, well. I still want it. I wonder if Tom from Breygent is listening. Angel

I would kill for a Princess Bride set!!!
It's just my favourite movie of all time. Smile

I remember a few years ago when Factory Entertainment bought the license for it they announced a trading card set to be released for the anniversary, I got so excited but nothing ever eventuated, very disappointing. I emailed them a couple of times asking about it but I never got any replies. Shake Head

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic already makes 3 out of 4 of my current favorite TV shows (Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, and Sons of Anarchy). Now they just need to make my 4th which is Teen Wolf.

Posts: 38 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

I would kill for a Princess Bride set!!!
It's just my favourite movie of all time. Smile

I remember a few years ago when Factory Entertainment bought the license for it they announced a trading card set to be released for the anniversary, I got so excited but nothing ever eventuated, very disappointing. I emailed them a couple of times asking about it but I never got any replies. Shake Head

Thought I had remembered seeing that too. I also remember that you could buy collector's edition swords, or something, but I did not have anyone to kill or a war to start at the time; so I never ordered one. (If the NSA is listening, please understand that this is a joke in reference to the movie. Smile )

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thought I had remembered seeing that too. I also remember that you could buy collector's edition swords, or something, but I did not have anyone to kill or a war to start at the time; so I never ordered one. (If the NSA is listening, please understand that this is a joke in reference to the movie. Smile )

That's right Smile they had replica's of Inigo's and the Dread Pirate Robert's swords. I don't have any six fingered men or ROUS's to kill so I didn't get one either Big Grin (more movie references)

Is there much chance of anyone making a set now? I do agree with you in that I think Breygent would be the only company that could really do the movie justice, as I love what they did for the Tudors set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
American Pickers

Duck Dynasty

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
That's right Smile they had replica's of Inigo's and the Dread Pirate Robert's swords. I don't have any six fingered men or ROUS's to kill so I didn't get one either Big Grin (more movie references)

Is there much chance of anyone making a set now? I do agree with you in that I think Breygent would be the only company that could really do the movie justice, as I love what they did for the Tudors set.

I mentioned something like this in the "Saluting Breygent" thread over in News & Rumors. Maybe if they hear from enough of us they will try to get their hands on the rights.

Honestly, though, I think that it will be tough to get something. I don't know if they could get any costumes or props at this point, but I would love autographs, maybe even an Andre the Giant cut auto.

Keep your fingers crossed and speak up where Tom from Breygent can hear you.

posted Hide Post
Andre always signed pretty large and wouldn't fit in a trading card . Maybe if they did an oversized cut auto like a box topper . But I've been wondering for a number of years why there hasn't been a wrestling set that was hobby only that has cut autos of wrestlers who have passed away like Mr. Perfect , Rick Rude , Junkyard Dog , Macho Man & Miss Elizabeth , etc. You can still add ring worn stuff by them as you can buy those things on ebay or at shows the wrestlers are at . Heck I even own a pair of air-brushed tights of Rick Rude and a complete Jimmy Hart outfit . So it is possible to do , just depends if there's a card company that thinks it's worth it .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
I mainly collect autograph cards but my dream set would be:

1. Deadwood definitely. Still hoping they'd make a fourth season or even a TV movie.
2. Breaking Bad - looking forward to the upcoming card set.
3. The Sopranos - the set released by Inkworks was lacking the major characters. The only major characters who signed were Uncle Junior and Meadow Soprano.
4. Hannibal
5. Mad Men
6. The Office
7. Long Way Down/Long Way Round
8. Workaholics
9. Misfits
10. Curb Your Enthusiasm
11. Freaks & Geeks

There are already Misfits cards available

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Hammer , could you email me ? I can't remember exactly but I think you showed a scan of a sketch card you pulled that I am needing for my collection and would like to discuss it with you in private since we can't on here .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not a TV show, but I'd love a card set based on the game The Last of Us.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK. I am intrigued. What kind of hits would be in that set? Cards with chips / wires from the computers used to write the game? Autos of the programmers / designers / voice actors?

It sounds like a neat idea. You might be onto something.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK. I am intrigued. What kind of hits would be in that set? Cards with chips / wires from the computers used to write the game? Autos of the programmers / designers / voice actors?

Autos from voice actors and sketches.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

I suggested the same sort of thing a couple of years ago. You have to understand that the gaming industry makes more out of their game releases than the music and movie industries put together.

I think sets based on the Mass Effect and Uncharted series' would do well. You would be surprised at how many well known actors do voice overs for these games, it's very impressive.
Here's a few names from Mass Effect series,
Seth Green, Yvonne Strahovski, Martin Sheen, Lance Henriksen, Tricia Helfer, and the list goes on.
The Batman Arkham City game had voice overs by Mark Hamill and Stana Katic.

Then there is a new game I'm really looking forward to has Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe voicing, called Beyond: Two Souls.

I think that there is an untapped market that just might do pretty well.
Not necessarily with most people that visit card talk, but these games are bigger than tv shows and movies, and there is a huge audience for them, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sold 6.4 million units in it's first 24hrs.

It might at least make a new younger generation aware of a hobby that some might find fun and had no idea of.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah...reproduction of a dual auto 5X7 of Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson (who voices Joel and Ellie in the Last of Us) sold for $71, and a bunch have sold for over $30. These are reproductions.

I think Troy Baker also voices the main guy on BioShock Infinite which could also make for an interesting card set.