Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
TV shows you would like to see cards sets from

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/813609353

June 06, 2003, 07:17 PM
RupT
TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Oh yeah, Pink Panther...i loved those movies....a trading set or 5 would be a fitting tribute to the series of movies and Peter Sellers!!!

RupT

"The secondary gyrodyne relays in the propulsion field inter-matrix have depolarised."
"In English!"
"I'm just reading what it says here!"
-Emergency Medical Hologram II and the Doctor
June 10, 2003, 11:14 AM
mtlhddoc2
a "mixed" Pink Pather set - every other card is a movie scene, and the cards in between are the cartoons?

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick butt; and I'm all out of bubblegum" - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
June 10, 2003, 03:41 PM
Andro
Wow! Now that would rule! Definately fitting for a Peter Sellers tribute for sure.
July 15, 2003, 12:34 PM
Bill DeFranzo
Davy Crockett was nothing more than three Disneyland weekly hourly shows released one month a part from one another yet it was spliced into a theatrical release and spawned two series of cards. Wouldn't it be great, for us old timers anyway, if Topps released a third set in the same format covering the two Mike Fink episodes "The Keelboat Race" and "River Pirates".

Why not a Swamp Fox (Francis Marion) series too! Possibly an anthology set which would include Spin & Marty, Moochie, Elfego Baca, the original Mouseketeers and others as well.

July 15, 2003, 10:13 PM
David R
This isn't a TV show, but I've always wanted to see a card set based on all of the classic 1980s teen films, especially the Brat Pack ones...

Ex: Sixteen Candles, St.Elmo's Fire, Say Anything, Pretty in Pink, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Breakfast Club, et.al.

Hey, I see that the upcoming Outer Limits set has Molly Ringwald cards and chase cards in it !

July 16, 2003, 02:29 AM
TheUberBob
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
a "mixed" Pink Pather set - every other card is a movie scene, and the cards in between are the cartoons?

If memory serves me right, Cards Inc. has picked up the Pink Panther film license.

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"
July 16, 2003, 02:31 AM
TheUberBob
I wish I'd thought of this a few months ago, but should anyone want to pick up the FUTURAMA card license I was pining for earlier, most of the producers and voice cast will be at the San Diego Comic Con and could possibly sign trading cards...

Big Grin

-Bob-

"Future events such as these will affect YOU in the future!"
July 17, 2003, 01:44 PM
The Mouseketeer
Has anyone seen this? It has been playing on VH1 for at least a month. It's a series of ten hour long shows - each devoted to one year of the 1980s. It shows clips from TV, movies, music videos, fads, fashion, etc. and has commentary from people I've mostly never heard of, but some of whom are quite funny. Unfortunately, such a set would likely be a nightmare of rights, clearances, and other legal entanglements.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
July 24, 2003, 04:39 AM
RupT
I know the show got cancelled, but had it kept going there would have been major potential there for a trading card series!!!

RupT

"The secondary gyrodyne relays in the propulsion field inter-matrix have depolarised."
"In English!"
"I'm just reading what it says here!"
-Emergency Medical Hologram II and the Doctor
July 24, 2003, 11:55 AM
dis68
Yes really,

Norm Abram is definitely a cult figure and with 15 seasons of New Yankee and 20+ of This Old House there would be plenty of images to go for...

Not to mention the sub-set of Norm's safety warnings e.g. "the most important safety rule is to wear your safety glasses"

Cool
July 24, 2003, 01:34 PM
BCW
This might mean something to the Aussies and Brits on the board, but possibly not the Yanks.

Prisoner Cell Block H. They could make the cards out of the sets! Big Grin

Please note: This is a joke suggestion, but I did love that show - it was so bad an cheesy.

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk
July 24, 2003, 10:46 PM
Barbara C
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Yes really,

Norm Abram is definitely a cult figure and with 15 seasons of New Yankee and 20+ of This Old House there would be plenty of images to go for...

Not to mention the sub-set of Norm's safety warnings e.g. "the most important safety rule is to wear your safety glasses"

Cool

Some other chase cards of this set could be the before and after pictures of the houses. Of course, Bob Vila's picture would be in almost every project. But we knew who really knew what he was doing - Norm. I used to love these shows. I learned a lot from them.
July 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
Barbara C
quote:
Originally posted by buffycards_webmaster:
This might mean something to the Aussies and Brits on the board, but possibly not the Yanks.

Prisoner Cell Block H. They could make the cards out of the sets! Big Grin

Please note: This is a joke suggestion, but I did love that show - it was so bad an cheesy.

Was this the show set in a women's prison? If so, I agree it was chessy. But I was still intrigued.
November 23, 2003, 05:23 PM
dru'sgarden
I know it hasn't been on long, but it's a really nice little show. If anyone hasn't seen it, you really should.

+ addicted to cards +
December 10, 2003, 12:47 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
This is off the topic a bit, but does anyone know why someone never made a card set from the first Conan movie? I thought it was pretty good and it would have made an interesting set. Lenticular<br />battle scene chase and a few auto cards would make me happy Smile <br />Come to think of it - why don't we all fire off an idea or two on sets - any topic - we'd really like to see. We could hold up a nice big sign to the card companys if we showed enough support for a doable title or two.
Rittenhouse does have a set coming out in 2004, no info yet.

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.
December 10, 2003, 12:48 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
I would like to see a seinfeld set, and also a sopranos set would be very cool. Thumb Up

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.
December 10, 2003, 01:08 PM
mtlhddoc2
Well, since this thread resurfaced again Big Grin
I think since RA has the James Bond license... how about "The Complete Bond" all 20 movies... granted you would have to have at least 27 cards devoted to each movie (hence a 540 card base set) but they could relewasde it in multiple parts (maybe 3? or 4 if they went for 36 cards per movie) then after that... Quotable Bond, 9 cards per movie, so maybe 200 card set, plus a 20 movie poster chase set?

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"I think I need a bigger box" - in Mexican accent - Chihuahua from Taco Bell Commercials
December 10, 2003, 01:23 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
There kind of already doing that with the Dr No, and From Russia with love/ Goldfinger sets, but I dont think theyve sold as fast as anticipated. I would like a full like to see a full set of quotable bond, although there were some quotable bond in the Die Another Day set. There were also poster cards in the connoisseur sets. But I know what you mean mtlhddoc, a full set of all these would be great. However I dont think we have to worry about rittenhouse running out of bond ideas. As an avid bond fan, there is still a thousand autos that I would like, so the possibilities are endless. Smile

December 10, 2003, 01:25 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
I'd like to see NEW releases of all the old fabulous 70's shows like CHARLIE'S ANGELS, BIONIC WOMAN & WONDER WOMAN(Lynda Carter version). Incidentally, was a card set of the WONDER WOMAN series ever produced?
December 30, 2003, 02:00 AM
Jason00
Has anyone been watching Dead Like Me? I think it is my new favorite show, and it must have a card set!