Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Although it has been a bumpy road, Lucifer is still in production and has been picked up for Season 6 on Netflix. Season 5 has just begun streaming on Netflix now.

It has always been a wacky show and not tweener youth orientated, although no adult could take it seriously either. It has a fan friendly cast and has had good guest stars, often with prior links to the card hobby from other shows. You could have gotten many autographs from most of these people.

With the risks taken by card makers to produce sets for some other show and film titles with a lot less going for them, I can not understand why no one ever took a chance on Lucifer. Afraid of the Devil I guess. Big Grin

Posts: 8386 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Although it has been a bumpy road, Lucifer is still in production and has been picked up for Season 6 on Netflix. Season 5 has just begun streaming on Netflix now.

It has always been a wacky show and not tweener youth orientated, although no adult could take it seriously either. It has a fan friendly cast and has had good guest stars, often with prior links to the card hobby from other shows. You could have gotten many autographs from most of these people.

With the risks taken by card makers to produce sets for some other show and film titles with a lot less going for them, I can not understand why no one ever took a chance on Lucifer. Afraid of the Devil I guess. Big Grin

Would have been nice to have had a set. I would have been in for it

Posts: 11923 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm really hoping someone picks up the license for Amazon's "The Boys". I think a set from that show would be a massive hit. Are you listening Rittenhouse or Crypto? Wink

Posts: 2073 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I'm really hoping someone picks up the license for Amazon's "The Boys". I think a set from that show would be a massive hit. Are you listening Rittenhouse or Crypto? Wink

Apparently Dynamite has the license; they've promoted or "pre-sold" several card sets since last November. I haven't seen things show up in auctions; some of their sets are exclusive to Diamond or Kickstarter, but many don't seem to survive the early marketing push.

Posts: 2423 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Apparently Dynamite has the license; they've promoted or "pre-sold" several card sets since last November. I haven't seen things show up in auctions; some of their sets are exclusive to Diamond or Kickstarter, but many don't seem to survive the early marketing push.

Not sure what you mean. I don't care for the series myself, but if someone went out and got the license I would think that at least word of it would get out in a year, if not the cards themselves. Are you saying that the pre-sell funding isn't working or that sets have been made, but absorbed by only favorite sons?

"The Boys" is one of those titles that start to get stupid really fast because they start off at such a borderline level, it's close to the top to begin with. Slowing down the production for COVID probably works in its favor, but if the cards don't get made and sold while its still carrying the hype, it will fade with the next show like it.

That's assuming that the market for "The Boys" cards exists now. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Posts: 8386 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Would like to see Utopia turned into a card set.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post