Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Picture of SpaceMan
posted
TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
wink

One
Superman the TV show (I know that their are a set done but a new set) all balck and white with black and white Chromium chase cards.

TWO
The Batman TV show (I don't think that a set was done for the TV show) - the guests on the show would be a powerhouse in signature cards imo. And it would be nice to see the cards with the cartoon caption effects of WOW etc. With Batman metal embossed cards. And costume insert cards. Villain subset chase cards. And Sketch Flex Cards. Maybe you could add some types of cards you would like to see in the set wink

Posts: 43 | Location: USA | Registered: June 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
BOSOM BUDDIES

- How can anyone not love those 2 cross-dressing comedian guys, Henry (Peter Scolari) & Kip (Tom Hanks)? smile And think of the insert possiblities. Autograph cards: if they signed for that set it would be great as neither have signed for a card set. big grin Or they could sign as their alter egos opposite gender identities: Buffy & Hildagard. confused Costume cards of their most famous women's outfits. eek Foil cards highlighting their jewerly worn. wink

@@@ ScottEvil cool

" I'm not really Evil. I'm just dressed to kill. wink "

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
and came upon a realization.... M*A*S*H needs another set! With Autos! I bet an Alan Alda (Hawkeye) Auto would sell for hundreds! There could be a "Radar O'Riley Teddy Bear" PW card! (ok i realize getting these items away from the Smithsonian Museum would be kinda hard, but I have faith in this hobby!)

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"When our friends start killing people, we help them, thats what we do" - Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 10-22-02

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
- And the set did have a lot of famous guest stars. It would make for a great list of autograph signers. big grin

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One show that I would love to see in a card set, is a CBC show called Street Legal. Just having a few cards of Cynthia Dale, what a hottie, would make me happy. They even had Lee Aaron, Canada's heavy metal queen on one show, whoa boy!

Posts: 537 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
well if i could have a card set from any show it would have to be Blackadder one of the greatest British Comedy show you could ever imagine with autos by Rowan Atkinson (Blackadder) tony Robinson (Baldrick) Hue Laurie (George) Steven Fry (melchet) Marander richardson (Queeny) brian blessed (Richard the 4th) not to forgetting Darling, Nursey, Bob, William pit the younger, and mrs miggins.
Chase set of Baldricks cunning plans, Baldricks recipes (who can forget the famous Rat O Van 'its a rat that got ran over by a van', Turnip suprise or capaccino and Blackadders violance against Baldrick
all together a great set I've got my money ready please someone make it, Maybe Cardsinc could have a go after all they did do thunderbirds and this is much better. Please please please (I really don't like begging) Please

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
how about Benny Hill???

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"When our friends start killing people, we help them, thats what we do" - Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 10-22-02

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Benny Hill was an awesome show! It can still crack me up!

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'sir' without adding,
"you're making a scene." --Homer Simpson

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
CHiPs

- They would have plenty of episodes and signers Eric Estrada, Larry Wilcox, Robert Pine, Randi Oakes, etc) to work with. And they could also have costume cards of the police uniforms worn by the aforementioned actors and actresses. And a special insert card : A SIGNED costume card with a swatch of a police uniform worn by Michael Dorn. big grin

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I second the vote for Blackadder - costume cards could be a piece of Baldrick's trousers - though there might have to be a gas mask included in the box... big grinHey, ther autographs list could be huge! Apart from the names already mentioned, there are also people like Angus Deayton, Colin Firth, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis, Howard Goodall, Simon Jones (a treat for HHTTG fans!), Robbie Coltrane (Ditto for Harry Potter nuts!) etc.

Of course, my dream set would be Galaxy Quest, well, one of my dream sets, well, one of my MANY dream sets big grin (and, please, I already know about the 9 card limited edition set distributed at the film release - but I want a FULL 72 card set with chases!)Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Son of the Beach for the adults and A PBS kids animation set(Sagwa, Clifford, etc.) ..well for the kids.

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I second the vote for Blackadder[snip] Hey, the autographs list could be huge! Apart from the names already mentioned, there are also people like Angus Deayton, Colin Firth, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis, Howard Goodall, Simon Jones (a treat for HHTTG fans!), Robbie Coltrane (Ditto for Harry Potter nuts!) etc.

Don't forget Tom Baker!

My understanding, unfortunately, is that there's a snowball's chance in Hades that Rowan Atkinson would sign. Of course, two years ago I would have said the same thing about Patrick McGoohan and "The Prisoner".

-Bob-

"I'd take a bullet for safety."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My understanding, unfortunately, is that there's a snowball's chance in Hades that Rowan Atkinson would sign

A-HAAAAARGHHH! That be a woman's Snowball! I'll wager that snowball has never seen the inside of a furnace in the underworld of doom!

How could I possibly forget!

Offer him enough money, and he might...

Other names I forgot - Miriam Margoles (the Nurse in the Baz Lurhman "Romeo & Juliet"), Jim 'Oscar Winner' Broadbent ("Moulin Rouge" and "Iris"), Geoffrey Palmer, Kate Moss...
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I know how to get Rowan Atkinson auto Quant1 when I was in London a few years back I was eating at a cafe and a group of Schoolchildren on the street were screaming "MR. Bean, MR. BEan!" I though, "Great someone has given this group of 8 year olds crack to sample and they have all gone mad". I asked my waiter what 'Mr. Bean' was. He pointed to a Man these children had surrounded and said it was a television show and that man was the star. He was signing autos for the children, mostly scraps of paper it looked like that got from their schoolbags. So, if the manufactor gets a gang of schoolchildren each with an card to auto for the set, find "Mr. Bean" on the street and let the kids loose. Then when all the cards are signed give each kid a GPS and instant set of auto cards for the set!

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
That would be my choice..... or how about Knight Rider that would be soooooooooooo cool.

Or even MacGuyver...... with and RDA auto smile

The Benny Hill idea's a good one too. Its a shame though that we would never get a Benny Hill auto frown

"I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide" - The White Rider

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer to have some of the older major films to a tv series something like wild geese for example

Posts: 13 | Location: uk | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
HEYYYYYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUU GUYSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
There were some big names on that PBS show! and a spiderman skit every day, Morgan Freeman was on it, who wouldnt like his auto!!

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER

~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I know its not a TV show but that was a great movie.....i loved it and still do....and hey guess what.....Sean Austin autos would be in the set too big grin

"I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide" - The White Rider

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I think there were Goonies cards, weren't there??

"What a day, eh Milhouse? The sun is out, birds are singing,
bees are trying to have sex with them--as is my understanding."
--Bart Simpson

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
If there's any current TV show that's just begging for a card set to be made, it's definitely CSI. There could be so many interesting cards, both common and chase. I'd definitely buy that one!

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post