Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I did not get an auto just a costume card, what I meant was that Scorpion King is the first thing I've bought that had the possibility of both costume and auto cards. Sorry for the confusion! smile Although I wish I had received an auto! frown

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- Xst: Congratulations on hitting the DoubleAuto pull combo with 2 of the show's popular main cast members. You're right. The Stargate SG-1 Season 1-3 set was a good set to pull Double Autos from a single box. Odds for Autographs were 1:27 packs with a single box containing 40 packs. I was happy when I got the autograph for Alexis Cruz (Skaara); if I'm not mistaken, the only actor to be in both the Stargate movie and tv series (as the same character). It was even cool to get in the same box, an Autograph card of Vaitiare Bandera (Sha're --> Skaara's sister and wife to Dr. Daniel Jackson); who in real life was married to Michael Shanks (Dr. Jackson), until he broke up with her to be with another popular Sci-Fi show (Andromeda) actress, Lexa Doig (Rommie).

--- Kristy: No problem. I'm sorry I do not have any extra Scorpion King Autographs to send to you. I only bought two boxes of that series and have only "The Rock" and am awaiting the "Bernard Hill" Auto Card.

*** Watcher

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I got the Beka auto & the costume/pieceworks cards plus the 3 faces of Rommie card in the box of Andromeda I opened.

The first box of the Stargate S4 I opened had 3 costume cards plus the auto card. Can't remember the the exact ones because I was opening a case at the time.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've never been all that lucky with Inkworks as far as Autos or Costumes are concerned - I've only ever got one auto, and that was from Sleepy Hollow.

However, Rittenhouse Archives Farscape Season 2 was a box where the costume cards were guaranteed but the autographs were about 1 in two boxes - we (my gradually converting to non-sport sister and I) got the Virginia Hey auto with the two costume cards expected.
I did get two autos in boxes of both TOS Season 2 (Walter Koenig and Teri Garr) and DS9 MOTF (the latter was Aron Eisenburg (Nog) and a redemption for Chase Masterson) - odds were 1:36; and I also pulled a Jonathan Frakes auto card and the Picard Gold card from a box of Star Trek Insurrection (auto odds - 1:36. No idea what the odds were on the gold card, but they were limited!)
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of orcasnm
posted Hide Post
I have had some quite good luck with Inkworks boxes.
I had the best luck through buying a 'Mummy Returns' display box. At the time, I bought 3 at a knockdown price.
In my first box I got an Arnold Vosloo auto redemption, which I was quite pleased with.
In my second box I got nothing, which I was kind of annoyed about.
However, in the third box I got both a John Hannah auto redemption and a P2 Evy O'Connell pieceworks redemption. I couldn't believe my luck on those pulls, especially as the P1 and P2 costumes were supposed to be 1 per case!
So, the Mummy Returns set has been quite favourable to me!
However, I have also bought many of the X-Files boxes and so far have only been able to get one auto: Annabeth Gish, although that was a great pull.
The autos for me seem to be more difficult to get than the pieceworks, which are supposed to have the higher odds! Has anyone else had this problem? wink
I also don't suppose anyone has had an X-Files inkworks box and got both a pieceworks and autograph in the same box?

Posts: 13 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Since I saw my name mentioned up there (by Kristy), I guess I better get on the ball and add my experiences to the list. smile

Going on memory alone here, I think I bought about 6 boxes of Scorpion King. However many boxes I ended up with, I know I got both an autograph redemption and a pieceworks redemption in every box except one (that one only had the Rock pieceworks redemption). Sorry, but I really didn't keep track of which cards came together, except that I had at least 2 boxes that both had the Steven Brand auto./Kelly Hu Pieceworks combo (and almost the exact same other insert cards as well). After trading some of the extra auto. redemptions away, I ended up with 3 Steven Brand autos. and 1 Bernard Hill. I also ended up with all 4 pieceworks cards, plus extras of PW2 (Kelly Hu) and PW3 (Steven Brand). I've sent in all of the cards but have yet to receive any of them back.

I also went through 6 boxes of Inkworks Witchblade, which yielded me 5 pieceworks cards (4 of Sara's jeans & 1 of her jacket) and 6 autograph cards (3 Yancy Butler, 2 Will Yun Lee, 1 of the antiquities dealer whose name escapes me at the moment). I'm pretty sure that was my autograph combo. The jacket pieceworks came with one of the Lee autos. I've since received all my pieceworks cards, but I'm still waiting on all the autos.

Having written all that, it looks like I have the following for trade (when they arrive), if anyone is interested:

Yancy Butler (Witchblade) auto.
Yancy Butler's Jeans (Witchblade) pieceworks
Will Yun Lee (Witchblade) auto.
Steven Brand (Scorpion King) auto. & pieceworks
Kelly Hu (Scorpion King) pieceworks

That's the extent of my double pull luck. Hopefully this next round of Buffy and Angel cards will result in a lot more. I can't wait! big grin

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically buy a case of the product I'm really interested in. I think this question is specific to inkworks since you should expect at least both in latest Rittenhouse products.
I tend to recall getting xfiles7 pieceworks in same box as an auto, but not certain. (Passed on 8 after not getting Scully auto. Ouch! Had to buy one.)
In Simpson's Mania every Sketch came in a box that had an auto. I didn't keep track of where the boxes were, but in hindsight it might have been every other box. That would also explain why some cases got 3 sketches and some 2 (i.e. every other 'auto' box had a sketch. In my opinion, this is where Inkworks really screws up and disappoints the collector. In Mania, 50% of the boxes had 'nothing'; 30% had auto and 20% had sketch and auto. From a collector's perspective, I would have preferred something in as many boxes as possible, not 50%. They could've made it 70%. This is a reason why any collector (who wants to pull an auto) should be wary of buying any boxes of Inkworks product without knowing that it came from a trusted dealer who sells all boxes in case.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- I wanted to start by thanking Raj, Paul, Orcasnm, and last but definitely not least, Karin. Thank you also Stuff_Guy for your response. (I started this post just before you posted and therefore didn't originally see it until mine posted.) Thank you all for adding your informative responses to this survey.

- Raj: Definitely a windfall on the 'Andromeda'. Auto, Costume and a '3 Faces of Rommie'. Nice pulls.

- Paul: Nice double pulls for the ST:TOS2, DS9:MOTF, and ST:Insurrection. I did a double auto pull also on DS9:MOTF - Andrew Robinson (Garak) & (Rom) Max Grodénchik, a very nice person if you have a chance to speak with him.
-- As for the ST:Insurrection, I guess I know who got my guaranteed AutoCard per box. wink My two boxes were both missing that guaranteed AutoCard. I wrote to Fleer/Skybox with proof of purchase, box numbers and explanation. They just said, Sorry we do have anything to send you. (This was several months prior to their losing the ST license completely to RA at the end of 2000. I since found out from two sources that Fleer/Skybox sold their entire ST stock to a dealer).
- I was annoyed again when my box of ST:TNG Profiles was missing the guaranteed AutoCard, AGAIN. However the last pack yielded a Star Threads (costume) card with a piece of Jean-Luc Picard's (Patrick Stewart) red/black uniform. Those cards were limited to 2500 cards and mine had a piece of the smaller top section (black) of his uniform. big grin

- Orcasnm: Great pulls on 'Mummy Returns'. I just bought one box at the time and got the requisite number of lower odds inserts,; no Autos or PieceWorks frown . I haven't heard of anyone pulling a dual Auto/Costume on any of the X-Files sets by Inkworks. If anyone out there has, please chime in; we'd love to hear from you.
- Karin: Great to hear from you. Thank you very much for the very detailed posted reply. Looks like you did fairly well on the WitchBlade series. I bought two (non-sequentially numbered) boxes of that set and got just an Auto Redemption Card for Eric Etebari (Ian Nottingham) smile frown I wonder if Yancy Butler's Auto Card is really that easy to pull, or if you were extremely lucky. I tend to believe Lady Luck was smiling on you Young Lady. big grin Thanks again for the detailed insight.
You're right. The upcoming Buffy and Angel series should see a lot of dual Auto/PieceWorks pulls, considering the great odds. Hey, for Angel, we may even see some Auto/Auto/Costume pulls. To see what I mean, refer to: http://www.inkworkscards.com/products/angel/angel3/angel3newprod1.html

- Stuff_Guy: Actually this was not specifically directed towards Inkworks sets, but the responses seems to account in the majority. RA's guaranteed per box guarantee for Autos/Costumes/Sketches would not have yielded insightful responses to my question, which was to see if the different odds on pulling AutoCards and Costume cards overlapped frequently, or often (hence the dual Auto/Costume card pulls. Dynamic Forces, Top Cow also produce sets that have separate odds for AutoCards and Costume Cards and/or Sketch Cards, without stated guarantees per box. We've just not heard any responses from any people who reported on dual Auto/Costume card (or Auto/Sketch card) pulls from these sets.

---> Thank you to everyone who has since sent in their responses. We'd like to hear from the rest of you out there.

*** Watcher

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Watcher ]

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I was going to reply in a few moments but when Watcher mentioned Dynamic Forces it reminded of how great the box of Crimson inserts were yielded.From Crimson the high-end inserts were at a ratio of autos 1:18 packs of a 36 pack box,I pulled four different autos AND I also pulled a sketch(1:72 packs) by Jae Lee #1/200 wow the first one.And to top it all off.I won it on ebay for $26.00

I remember from B5 Profiles I pulled the Martin Sheen and Shari Belafonte autos,ratios were only 1 per box.

From ST TNG Profiles I pulled the Picard red/black Star Thread & Dwight Schultz auto.

From ST 35th Ann. I pulled the stated three autos as well as the Baloks Puppet sketch # of 200 by Czop and the Nimoy costume card.

That's all I can remember for the moment.Great THREAD!!

Bernie

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Watcher,
Honest, it wasn't me who got your Insurrection autos! I think I eventuallly ended up getting 4 boxes of Insurrection - a batch of Fleer Skybox boxes were selling rather cheaply here in 2000 - I also got (at the same time) three boxes of TOS Season 3 (One of which contained the Captain Card... The autos were Diana Muldaur, Michael Ansara and Frank Gorshin - alas, I can't remember which one came wit hthe Captain card) and 3 of DS9 MOTF.
Fleer used to be pretty rotten when it came to sorting out problems like missing cards - it took me the best part of 4-5 months to get them to send me the two autos missing from two boxes of Voyager Profiles - mind you, when they did arrive, I wasn't too disappointed (Robert Picardo and John de Lancie)
Au Res.,
Paul
p.s my luck with Inkworks is the same as ever - a box of The Simpsons 10th Anniversary arrived today and I didn't get an auto card. I did, however, get one of the Diorama cards.

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I got a box of Witchblade cards from Inkworks about 1 month ago. There were 24 packs, with nine cards in a pack. In this box I received 1 Yancy Butler autograph redemption card as well as a pieceworks card for Yancy's jeans. Hope this helps.

Jewel
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wbtelevisiontradingcards

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to recall any interesting pulls I've gotten. Hmmm...

Well, Fleer/Skybox takes the cake for worst collation. I busted about a case or more each of Star Trek TOS 2 & 3 and was surprised by how many boxes had no autographs (around 10%). However, this was balanced out by finding about as many boxes with 2 autographs (these were 1 in 36 odds). The best pull I ever had from a Fleer/Skybox product was on a box of DS9 Memories from the Future that I won on eBay. I got redemptions for both the Avery Brooks as Captain Sisko auto AND the Nicole deBoer as Ezri Dax auto. I may be mistaken, but I think I got a Sisko Captain's Card from the same box (VERY low number...under 20 IMSMR).

From another wonderful F/S product, this time the Marvel Silver Age set, in the one box I bought I didn't even get a full base set (grrr...I'll have to post a trade list here sometime) nor did I get an autograph. I did, however, get 2 Sketchagraphs, one of the Hulk by Ribiero, I think, and a Spider-Man by John Romita, Sr. Not too shabby, but one of the more common Spidey sketches he did, evidently. Luckily, I got the autographs cards off eBay pretty easily for a song. I don't think I paid over $10 for any, except the Stan Lee, and that was around $30 or so.

On a tangent (I'm good at those), I recently opened a case of Farscape 2 and got about 8 of the CC7 Scorpius costume cards (the most common), 5 of the CC12 Zhaan card (the 2nd most common) and 4 of the CC9 Chiana costume card (tied for 2nd most common). One box had 2 of the Scorpies. Grrrrr... However, I did get the CC10 Chiana card (one of the rarest).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Marvel Silver Age was my favourite for single packet, not box, pulls...got the Stan Lee auto in my first ever 4 packs from 1 box (not a top $ auto but a really meningful one to me..excelsior!!) and a Romita Green Goblin sketch with my next 4. I've had a few better strike rates given the 'science' of where autos etc are placed in a box but these were the most meaningful.

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
whoops...I only mentioned my single pack experieces because my box buying ones are nothing to write home about..

There is another angle to best box experiences. Buying from a wholesaler like Cards Inc in the UK is good because they have no real vested interest in taking the best boxes from the case..I know I've said this before but several dealers have told me they can predict accurately where in a case the top boxes are and split them for sale accordingly. Go for the top box..get it quickly and sell the rubbish on. There was a dealer I used to buy from who was known for this practice (before I knew better) and the auto breakdown was uniformly crap.. autos always much worse than the law of averages...Cards Inc has been MUCH MUCH better...just luck??...hmmm

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
--- Bernie, Paul, Jewel, Bob,& DavidJ : Thank you all for your contributions to my post. It appears that the boxes than contain Double AutoCard insertions or Dual Auto/Costume Card insertions are offset by just as many boxes that have neither autograph cards not costumes, just regular inserts.

--- Thank you one and all for your contributions to this survey information gathering post. Your responses were all appreciated. ---

smile wink smile

*** Watcher

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
My Pleasure Watcher!!!! I didn't think of this one until now, but when I received my case of Buffy 5 cards, in 1 box I got 2 Dawn auto cards. I thought that was cool...LOL

Jewel
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wbtelevisiontradingcards

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Just to keep things going!
Has anyone ever got more than one chase card (of whatever type) in a single pack?
I can't remember which sets right now, but this has happened to me on a couple of occasions. Not Autos or costumes of course - usually I suspect) this is caused by two chase cards stiking together prior to pack insertion.
That said, I seem to recall getting a Sketch and a Morfex card in teh same pack of Trek 35... The Morfex card was in the usual chase card position in the pack, the sketch was at the back.
I'd be interested to know - two autos in a pack anyone? smile
Au Res.,
Paul

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
My favorite against the odds pull was not mine..I can't say that I have ever went against the odds and got more then I should..I tend to even out...
but it ws Voyager Profiles and a case (that we know of) netted an auto card in EVERY PACK..rather then one per box....ooof if only wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wattosjunkyard
posted Hide Post
I am not very lucky on the bigger pulls but I once got 2 foil embossed cards in one pack of Star Wars Episode 1 Series 2. They were stuck together. I found a lot of other cards stuck together in that set but none of them were chase cards.

Posts: 17 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
I've never gotten 2 autographs in the same pack, but I think I had the exact same box as Jewel once. I got 2 Dawn autographs in a box of Buffy season 5. However, in my very first box of Buffy Season 5, I got 3 autographs! Tara, Dreg, and Xander's Double (redemption)! I was so excited! More recently, I bought 10 packs of Buffy 5 from one of my local dealers and ended up with 2 more autographs (Tara & Ben) just out of those 10 packs (all from the same box). I think I have Paul's luck lately, but I'm not complaining! big grin

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post