Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
--- General question to those collectors, dealers and distributors that breakdown sets by the box or case. (Sorry single pack collectors; your results would not be valid for this question survey)

How many of you have got BOTH an Autograph (or autograph redemption) card AND a Costume (or costume redemption) card in the same box? NOTE: This question does NOT apply to sets that Guarantee an autograph, costume card, or both in each box.

Please state the card set name, number of packs per box, which cards (or redemptions) you received and the stated odds for those cards.

The reason for my curiosity started when I opened the two Scorpion King Boxes (36 packs/box) I bought. I got a 'The Rock' Autograph rededmption (got the actual card now) and a Kelly Hu (Soceress) PieceWorks redemption (got actual card now) in my first box. My second box had a Bernard Hill Autograph redemption (still waiting) and a Red Warriors PieceWorks Redemption (got the actual card now). It was eerie that I'd told a friend just a few days before the card release day that I would like to get those exact pulls, if I was very lucky (box 1) or would probably get if I was lucky enough to get a dual pull but not the cards I wanted (box 2).

Odds for Scorpion King Autograph Cards - TBD
Odds for Scorpion King PieceWorks Cards - 1:36 packs

Today, I picked up a box of Hero Factory's Ice Age set; Nice cards and inserts. I saw my other supplier had 2 boxes of Andromeda left. I watch the show on and off, so I didn't get the set when it released at the end of last year. I decided to get a box today and picked my lucky box and lucky it was.

My first pack yielded a PieceWorks Redemption for Lexa Doig's (Rommie) vest. In the same box, several packs later, yielded an Autograph Redemption for Gordon Michael Wollvett (Seamus Harper). Wow. big grin big grin big grin

Andromeda (36 pack/box)
Autograph Redemption Cards - 1:45 packs (1 per 1.25 boxes)
PieceWorks Redemption Cards - 1:65 packs (1 per 1.61 boxes)

=== I'm curious to hear your stories and odds on these dual pulls ===

*** Watcher

Posts: 500 | Location: City, State, Country | Registered: June 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
well, even though it is kind of late,

When I opened my very first box, (which happened to be Buffy season 5) I was extremely happy to receive 3 autos (Dreg, the initiative guy(Can't remember his name to save my life now) and a redemption for Kelly Donovan-Xander's Double.)
I also received 5-6 chase cards.

Wahoo!!

But that luck sadly ran out when I opened the Evolution box. 2 chase cards in the whole box, and both were Angel.

My sister opened a box of Stargate SG1 Season 4 and received something like 4 autos, a complete chase set, half of another set. And like a pieceworks.
Lucky little girl.

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
Buffy eason 5 has been my best too (Untill Angel 3, but I guess that doesn't count as you are gaurentted 1 auto)In which i got 2 autos in 1 box (Although one was damaged - Inkworks kindly replaced it though)
Incidently 2 is the expected amount from evoltion..

*Mike*
www.wallofweird.co.uk
"Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter sing for the tear.
Sing it with me, sing for today and maybe tomorrow, the good lords gonna take
you away"

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nobby.c
posted Hide Post
I pulled an Auto (Tim Roth) and Costume (Monks card) from a box of Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton).
I also pulled Two LOTR autos (Samwise Gamgee and Galadriel) from 1 Hobby Box but lucked out on a Retail box.

nobby.c

Posts: 114 | Location: UK | Registered: August 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I pulled a Warrior Costume Card and an Arpid (Grant Heslow) auto from a box of Scorpion King Cards.

I also recently got a box of Lady Death/Medieval Witchblade Cards, which states that you'll only get 0-3 chase cards per box, but gor 2 autos, 1 sketch and 3 of the 6 chrome cards (didn't get any canvas cards, though). big grin big grin

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dune
posted Hide Post
I just, about 10 minutes ago, pulled an Angel Season 3 piecework - Angel's shirt - from 2 packs of cards I bought from my local Forbiden Planet big grin

~DUNE~<br />http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lotrtradingclub/

Posts: 330 | Location: North East England | Registered: March 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Not a big one but i pulled a Pieceworks redemption card for Steven Brand from one of the 2 packs of Scorpion King i bought yesterday and just mailed it off. Personally I find redemptions cards a bit annoying, you bust the packs and look forward to getting a good card in your hands and instead get stuck waiting 6-8 weeks for it.

[This message was edited by Incarnadine on September 07, 2002 at 03:44 PM.]

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Inkworks is bloody fast. I mailed the redemption in 6 days ago and recieved the card today. Post office really on the ball.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Still a SK Steve Brandt pieceworks is better then "The Warriors" pieceworks. I had to wait three weeks to get this goofy card.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Well my best pull ever was from DS9 Memories from the Future.

There was one Autograph Card guaranteed per box, but I got

1) Majel Barret A15 Smile
2) Terry Farrell A6 Luv You
3) Chase Masterson Redemption Card Roll Eyes
AND(!!)
4) Benjamin Sisko Limited Captains Card Big Grin

and the best: I bought this box for about $39!!! Elephant

My ST Have/Want Lists (German, but for everyone)
http://www.st-cards.de

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Lucky you! Thumb Up

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
As far as I can remember, twice have I done this:

Scorpion King
Sherri Howard Auto
Kelly Hu Pieceworks

And the rarest of the rare (and sold from my collection 5 years ago)

Star Trek Insurrection
Brent Spiner Auto
Lt. Troi (I think) Gold card

"Hey! No one ruins our family vacations except me!... and maybe the boy!"- Homer Simpson

http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello All

Last night i bought half a box of Comic Images Terminator 3 ; Rise of the machines that had been marked down ,I pulled the Autographed Arnold Schwarzenegger card , and then pulled a redemption card for a T-worn Swatch card worn by Arnold ...Both were Great pulls , and from a box that was opened and had already been picked thru...

My lucky day...
Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Lucky you. I guess that 1/2 box had not been cherry-picked before you got it. Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Best pulls for KADRAN00157 As follows:

Complete Battlestar galactica: Pulled a Scetch card (1 in 4 boxes) and Dirk Benedicts Auto (Starbucks)

Highlander: got 4 Auto's in the one box including Adrian Paul and Claudia Christiansen

Stargate Season 4: got Christopher Judges Autograph card and a costume card (1 in 4 boxes) from the one box

Andromeda season 1: got a costume and Autograph redemption in 1 box then brought another box and did the same trick

The saint: brought 2 boxes and in the second box pulled a Costume card SC2

Outer Limits, Sex and Cyborgs: Brought a box and wanted 1 autograph card, (Rebecca De Mournay's) And Yep I did get that card

Battle of the Plants: Brought 2 boxes and in the first box got 3 Auto's instead of 2 and in the second box got two Scetch cards instead of 1

Fathom: did get 3 Auto's in one box, but the second box was not so lucky

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Ooh, never noticed this topic before.

I've pulled the following:
Angel Season 3- 2 boxes, one with Amy Acker auto and PW1, the other with Amy Acker auto and PW2!
The Saint- Costume card 1 and auto
Hulk- 3 sketches from one box (odds were like 1 in 20 boxes!)
Women of Voyager- 2 auto's and sketch
Star Trek 35th- 3 auto's and sketch

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The best pulls for me were for packs I wasn't going to buy . The trader in Romford had two packs of Next Gen Profiles left and sold them to me for half price (to get rid of the box).First pack had Brent Spiner Bouncey Second pack had Gates McFadden plus THREE Denise Crosby redemptions . The dealer swapped one of the redemptions with me for a Bryan Singer X-Men auto.Oh for more days like that .

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box of Thunderbirds Movie cards and I had 3 Redemption cards in the one box Thumb Up
One for Lady penelope, Pink Coat
One for Barin's Lab Coat
and another for an auto.

Not bad for one box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice going on the pulls boldlygone, looks like people are on a roll again Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Buffy Season 7 PW-3!!!
It is a variation, with 2 olive green stitches;

I was over the moon!
ChRiS Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post