Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/796609353

June 19, 2002, 01:44 AM
Kristy
AutoCard/CostumeCard Pulls
Don't let angeleyes fool you into thinking she has no luck! smile Me, her, and another friend of ours will go into the shop, each buy a box and I will be the one to get no auto and 2 chase cards and she(and my friend) will get 2 autos and 6 chase cards! And does she pass that luck onto her dear friend? No! She hordes it all to herself! luv ya Karin!
June 19, 2002, 01:55 AM
xst
In two packs from the same box of SW ATOC, I got two silver foil insert cards!! Yaaaaayyyy!
June 19, 2002, 03:04 AM
Don Norton
In Twilight Zone 3, Shadows and Substance, I got an auto and one of the foil cards in one pack.
I don't think I've ever gotten more than the stated odds of inserts in a box. Those of you who got 2 or 3 autos in Buffy Season 5 are very lucky.
June 19, 2002, 03:07 AM
spidergoblin
As far as pulling two inserts from a single pack...from my earlier post I pulled the Baloks Puppet sketchafex and one of the autos from the Trek 35th Ann series from the same pack.

Bernie
June 19, 2002, 12:59 PM
Greg Geerts
After reading Paul's post about 2 inserts in 1 pack, I was reminded that I once pulled 2 Tasha Yar/Denise Crosby autograph redemption cards from the same pack of ST:TNG Profiles. Yes, they were stuck together. To the best of my memory, this is the only time I have gotten 2 inserts in 1 pack.

Greg
June 20, 2002, 07:31 PM
robwaddle
Hi all,

Two things here - multiple auto pulls - I did v. nicely out of a certain local booksellers for Fellowship of The Ring hobby autos. Everytime I went in, I asked for a box that had been opened, but no packs removed. I should think a I managed to pull 2 autos from a selection of 10 packs at least twice, if not three times.

Secondly, bought 7 packs of Simpsons 10th from Toys R Us a few days back. 1 pack had an N1 Nuclear Neon and one of the die cut-outs sitting side by side!

Rob
smile
June 20, 2002, 09:11 PM
Quaint1
Which remind me, it's about time I went back to Toys R Us in Basildon - I got a Die Fut from their box of Simpsons 10th and the ystill have Thunderbirds cards (maybe I'll get an autograph this time!)

Rob, the bookshop wasn't Ottakar's was it? I had the same sort of luck with them - I got Sir Ian McKellen and Liv Tyler from them (Same day I got the Tyler, I also got, from another store, another John Rhys-Davies...)
Au Res.,
Paul
June 21, 2002, 08:28 AM
indypat75
Hi,

I am a french collector.
I usually buy between 1 and 4 boxes of the same items I am interested in.
I have some great boxes with Lord of the Rings hobby boxes (4 boxes bought, 7 autographs) but th ebest was an X FILES season 8 with one annabeth gish auto and doggett's piecework.

I collect aloso for these magic moments when you find THE card...
June 21, 2002, 12:47 PM
Tim (UK)
Hi All,

I usually buy three boxes and a binder of the stuff I REALLY want, and two boxes of everything else (depending on rarities in abox)

As for my recent 'pulls'

I opened three boxes Of Rittenhouse B5 the Complete Story and got ...
Autographs A1 and A2 (sinclair and Winters)
Sketch Card B5 Station
DA1 Dual Autograph

Made my day it did :0) The Sketch card and the DA1 autograph were 1 per case ! And the autos A1 and A2 were the rarer ones.

Doesn't happen everyday though

Cheers

Tim
June 22, 2002, 07:43 AM
DavidJohnston
I've had 3 autos from a '1 auto' box before,...all ST generations ... 2 of the autos were in 1 pack ...must have stuck together. All minor players though.
July 09, 2002, 06:48 PM
robwaddle
Hey Mr Quaint Man - you've given my secret away! Oddly enough Ottakars didn't stock FOTR cards in all their outlets. I went in a few of their stores & nobody knew what I was talking about.

(Mind you, that's no suprise - happens to me all the time!?!). confused confused eek wink

Speak soon

Rob

"I have come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"
July 08, 2002, 03:48 PM
DaveH
Last Thursday while I was opening 1 of my 2 Complete Voyager Cases I opened a pack with not 1, not 2, but 3 auto's!

To say I was happy would have been an understatement, as they were PA3 Kate Mulgrew, A2 Richerd Herd & DA3 Tim Russ & Marva Hicks. 2 of the auto's were limited to 500.

I also have had a box of Xena 6 containing the A12 Renee O'Connor auto & 2 Forever Gabrielle Cards with an insert rate of 1:480 packs, although no costume card.

My luck can't last can it.

Dave.
July 06, 2002, 12:17 PM
Kristy
I pulled a Lowell Cunningham Auto and The Suits Costume card. Also 3 chase cards.

Are you still wanting replies to this, Watcher?

"How dreary to be Somebody...."
July 08, 2002, 12:59 PM
bbc
It's fun to read what others get, so here's my latest pulls:

Scorpion King (3 boxes): all 3 boxes had the pw2 Kelly Hu costume card + the Sheri Howard auto! Are those 2 the most common???

Charmed (4 boxes): I got 3 autos - Holly Marie Combs + Shannon Doherty + TW King.

Angel 1 (2 boxes): no auto at all

Angel 2 (3 boxes): no auto at all

Buffy 4 (1 box): no auto

Buffy 5 (2 boxes): 3 A27 (!) 2 in 1 box

Andromeda (2 boxes): 2 pw2 + 1 a2 + 1 a4

Xena 6 (2 boxes): 2 r5 + a10 + a11

Xena 4/5 (1 box): a2

Stargate 4 (3 boxes): a11, a13, a15, c5, c8, c10 (no sketch card)

Babylon 5 (4 boxes): 2 au1, 1 au2, 1 au6, 1 au7, 1 au9, 1 au12 and the da1 (yes!) 3 c2 (all 3 the thin material version!) and 1 c3 (all black) + 1 sketch card (kosh)

Twilight Zone 3 (1 box): a39, a40, a63 and a64 (no Hall of Fame card)

I also got a sketch card in 1 of 2 ST 35th boxes and 1 sketch card in 1 WOSTV box.

I'd like to know the breakdown of the new Star Trek - anyone got a box or a case?

BBC
July 08, 2002, 06:29 PM
Quaint1
I wondered where my luck went...
Au Res.,
Paul

p.s. congratulations! (through gritted teeth)

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
March 21, 2005, 09:59 AM
Andrew David
quote:
Originally posted by COSMIC GIRL:
Nice card Chris Thumb Up
I am partial to collecting pieceworks with stitching on, but have never pulled on myself, but bought them via sellers Wave

Me neither, i did buy a Trek case topper with stiching (Janice Rand) from E-bay but have pulled a Farscape card (Jools top I think) with a 3 way join on it.

March 21, 2005, 03:38 PM
WarriorBabe
Never pulled an auto or costume yet, but then my biggest pack purchase has been 10!
I have hopes though for my 25 packs of Scorpion King i'm waiting for Big Grin

March 21, 2005, 10:12 PM
Jessica
Good luck KimberlyM!

March 23, 2005, 05:27 AM
Andrew David
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley M:
Never pulled an auto or costume yet, but then my biggest pack purchase has been 10!
I have hopes though for my 25 packs of Scorpion King i'm waiting for Big Grin

Good luck too ! If you are buying 25 packs you might be better buying a complete unopened box, that way you are a lot more likely to pull something.

March 25, 2005, 04:42 AM
Collectress
My first box was a Farscape Season 4 one and I couldn't believe my luck when I pulled an A32 Wayne Pygram, A33 Gigi Edgley and the signed parallel artifex XH6 from it. Dance Three rare cards in one box - a record I have never beaten since.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Collectress,

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow