Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    you've posted negative feedback....now what??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

you've posted negative feedback....now what??
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you are all aware of this.

But some Ebay countries has a new Feedback Feature.

05 March 2007 | 06:05PM EST

Beginning Tuesday 6th March, buyers in Australia, Belgium, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom will be able to rate sellers on the four Detailed Seller Ratings we announced in February (see original announcement).
You will notice three significant changes:

Buyers can now rate sellers on Item description, Communication, Delivery time and Postage & packing charges after first leaving an overall positive, neutral or negative Feedback. Buyers can rate sellers on a 1 to 5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest. The average of all ratings is displayed on the Feedback Profile page.

The Feedback Profile page has changed and now includes a summary of the Detailed Seller Ratings.

The item title and item price for each Feedback will be visible on the Feedback Profile page below the Feedback comment for 90 days after the comment was left.

This additional information will enable buyers to make more informed decisions before purchasing; and rewards sellers by recognising what they do to ensure customer satisfaction.
These changes ensure that the Feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust in the growing community marketplace.

it looks something like this

Item as described *** 55
Communication *** 54
Postage time **** 53
Postage and handling charges ** 55

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I just left someone neutral feedback for a sketch card that I paid for the same day but the seller (in the US )didn't mail until 4 weeks after payment. The additional reason for neutral was that after a couple of weeks went by I emailed to make sure it was mailed and they said it was mailed. Then once 4 weeks went by (Apr. 11) I emailed again asking what are we going to do if it doesn't show up? The reply was "just give it a little more time". The card showed up 4 days later. But I noticed the postage on the package was dated for April 12th. So, the seller was lying the whole time about having it mailed.

So I left neutral because it took 4 weeks to mail and the seller lied to me. I did get the sketch card and it was fine, otherwise it would have been negative feedback. Mad

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Some sellers just seem to sit back and just watch the money rolling in, leaving out small incidentals like shipping and email communication Frown . I have recently received from 4 different sellers in the US, cards that were won after one that came from a UK seller Roll Eyes I know this seller has a particularly nasty streak when it comes to feedback so I bottled it and left positive Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I left neutral because it took 4 weeks to mail and the seller lied to me. I did get the sketch card and it was fine, otherwise it would have been negative feedback.

This is what I use neutral feedback for as well, item gets here but delayed postage plus poor communication. Negative is really only appropriate if they didn't send it and, since international mail does occasionally lose things, I don't leave negative unless I am sure they didn't send it rather than it got lost.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just thought I'd pop my head in and give my two cents, although no one here really knows me yet...

I've been selling and buying on eBay for years now. Mostly buying, but occasionally (now for example) I have just tons of stuff I need to get rid of and will list like 400 auctions in 2 weeks.

Concerning negative feedback... I don't think you should worry about whether or not someone will retaliate against you. The fact is, most eBayers now that people like that exist, and if you have negs, they will actually read them...and since you have the option of posting a reply in your defense, that's a good thing. Don't let your own fear of retaliation stop you from warning others about someone who has really screwed up.

A couple people have mentioned sellers who hold feedback hostage. Personally, I as a seller won't leave feedback until someone has for me. It's my way of knowing that a person has received their item, and I have never used it as a weapon. If someone is unhappy with their item, I will try my best to work it out. I have had three people leave me neutrals, and one leave me a neg (which was undeserved to begin with), but I have never ever left them retaliatory feedback. They almost always still get the positive because they held up their end.

And then, on the sniper issue. That's just plain dumb. People will almost always bid in the last couple of moments. Many times, they haven't seen the auction until it's right at the end. Other times, it's something they really really want and don't want to take a chance on just leaving a bid and forgetting about it. I know it sometimes bugs me when I lose out on an item that way, but I don't hold it against the winning bidder for being quicker than I am.

I dunno, these were just a couple issues I wanted to mention that struck me as important. Smile

~Ariana

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I'm in the middle of a doozy. I won 2 auctions for The Empire Strikes Back series 1 and 2 sticker sets. Described as "EX/NM". Received the cards after 2 weeks, cards were in a short white card storage box in NO protection, pushed to the end and held in place by a crumpled newspaper. They were yellowed, had corner dings, and best of all, had the wonderful smell of CAT URINE!!! Where can I get my hands on more EX/NM cards like that?!?! Big Grin

Seller is unresponsive, I (probably wrongly) e-mailed a couple of other card auction winners from this same seller who won other Empire stickers the same day to see if they smelled (the stickers, not the buyers Big Grin). The seller is now after me for "defamation" for telling her other buyesrs "lies" about her and reporting me to E-Bay. Guess my wife and I both IMAGINED the gross odor that about made be gag! I've done the same with her, it's been great Roll Eyes She is out to get me "kicked off" of E-Bay, saying she offered me a refund when all she did was send me complaining e-mails and 2 calls to my house, and so on! Sheeeesh! I have NEVER been involved with a character like this on E-Bay before, guess it was my time. I'd take a refund if she would offer it, but it's not happening unfortunately. She even put in her feedback replies that she offered the refund and I declined! If I could get my $50 back, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Mad

The sad thing is I had 100% perfect feedback and now don't. BUT, if I can prevent her from doing this again (probably not as she did the same thing to someone else a month ago), at least I'll do some good.

I'll keep ya all informed if you want. We'll see if I get "kicked off" of E-Bay today! Big Grin

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Documentation is everything. If you can provide copies of all the e-mails supporting your case, then you'll be fine. Since the seller is claiming to have offered a refund when that's obviously not the case, then she'll not be able to provide evidence supporting her position.

Yes, she's damaged your perfect rating (been there...done that), but as long as you leave a reply to her negative rating and state you have documentation, other people will quickly see what happened.

Thanks! Yeah, I've got all the e-mails, so does she. Still waiting to hear from E-Bay...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I truely hope that everything will turn out great for you.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, her last e-mail to me called me a liar and that the urine smell came from me, not her cards Big Grin She's so polite!

I mean, I took my weekly bath on Monday. That's good enough, isn't it?!?! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Cat piss?!? Shake Head Hope the situation gets resolved Scott.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
I mean, I took my weekly bath on Monday. That's good enough, isn't it?!?! Big Grin

You have one EVERY week ? Eek Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
any chance that the smell is from 20+ year old glue? Not defending her in any way, I am on your side 100%, just crossed my mind.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
any chance that the smell is from 20+ year old glue? Not defending her in any way, I am on your side 100%, just crossed my mind.

No, it's cat urine, I'm 95% sure. I grew up with cats who sprayed in the house (so glad I'm admitting that in a public forum Big Grin). I open up the box and it's like an invisible cloud that comes billowing out. Yucky and VERY strong. It leaves the smell on your hands as well after you hold the stickers.

I'm still waiting on E-Bay. I doubt I'll get any resolution to it. She says I'm a liar, but won't take the cards back. It's hard to prove a smell unless the cards go to her. Or E-Bay can have 'em for their investigation, I don't even want to look at the darn things now!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, it's cat urine, I'm 95% sure. I grew up with cats who sprayed in the house (so glad I'm admitting that in a public forum Big Grin). I open up the box and it's like an invisible cloud that comes billowing out. Yucky and VERY strong. It leaves the smell on your hands as well after you hold the stickers.

I'm still waiting on E-Bay. I doubt I'll get any resolution to it. She says I'm a liar, but won't take the cards back. It's hard to prove a smell unless the cards go to her. Or E-Bay can have 'em for their investigation, I don't even want to look at the darn things now!

I still can't believe they reek of cat piss, a negative feedback doesn't go one iota of the way to describing what a foul transaction this is.
You don't want to look at them? I would have thrown them in the trash and bleached my hands about 8 times by now!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
quote:

I still can't believe they reek of cat piss, a negative feedback doesn't go one iota of the way to describing what a foul transaction this is.
You don't want to look at them? I would have thrown them in the trash and bleached my hands about 8 times by now!

Well... I haven't thrown them away because I have this cat urine fetish...

I can't believe I just went there. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
quote:

Well... I haven't thrown them away because I have this cat urine fetish...

I can't believe I just went there. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I can't believe you did, but you did, and you really shouldn't have! Twak Big Grin

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I haven't posted negative feedback yet, but a UK seller keeps declaring much more than the value of the cards.
Wondered if it was something new due to the Brexit, but no. Checked on the French and UK side, you declare the value of the item.
Because of that, last time I was hit by the customs, and still struggling to get everything canceled.
No reply from the seller after several messages. Never had that problem in 20 years of collecting worldwide.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post