Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    you've posted negative feedback....now what??
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

you've posted negative feedback....now what??
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Look what I got related to Ebay today.....
I bid on a card 12 minutes before it ended (first time I saw the listing), it was a good card at a low price, the other bidder had bid the opening bid only, no higher....
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much. You did the dishonourable thing of "sniping" another fan and ebay user. I hope you feel satisfied with what you have ?

You bid arrived during the middle of the night local time, and minutes before the auction ended with another person having spent days watching/bidding on something they really wanted.

I hope you feel pleased with your dishonourable actions and lack of decency to others ?

Not sure why he's more worthy then I to have the card
Except I"m a skanky dealer, I guess...

That sucks Frown
1st time STCardGeek sees a card she likes and bids for it and she gets told off and accused of snipering.....
It's not like she diliberately did it, some people don't have manners, but then again......
Maybe the seller has been swipd at the last minute on other deals and hates this sort of thing and not realised the situation Frown

I'm not defending anyone here Smile
I am just in sympathy with STCardGeek Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Bottom line - NO ONE should complain about being beat out on an eBay item... if you want it, bid as much as you are willing to pay for it. If you get it, good for you. If you don't, someone else wanted it more than you did. Deal with it.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Bottom line - NO ONE should complain about being beat out on an eBay item... if you want it, bid as much as you are willing to pay for it. If you get it, good for you. If you don't, someone else wanted it more than you did. Deal with it.
I missed bidding on a card lot because I was unable to get online - I'm still kicking myself, but I'd NEVER think of berating the high bidder...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of these messages from outbid bidders over the years. One was kind of rude Madand the most recent was funny and gave me a laugh. Big Grin (it was a good natured ribbing, no anger) I just ignore them and they go away. Wavey

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
about snipers (which I don't do):

"The winner is not the last one who bid, but the one who bid the more"

about neg feedback:

I just posted one recently, which is very rare. An ebayer used a fake third id to bypass my prohibited members list. Some really got some nerve.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I've never received such an email but I would laugh with him because it's ridiculous to get mad at someone if you get outbid.

Someone who send such an email is pathetic.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I guess I must be really mixed up. I will snipe on something I really want, but I almost never bid on an item that I know has been bid by someone on card talk. There have been loads of items where I have not bid because Wolfmangolf, or allender, or tialessa has put in an early bid, especially tialessa Big Grin.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I admire Steve J......
Man you rock!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't have ebay(banned and best thing that happened to me).. But when I did I had 2 negative feedback one was in payback because a seller took 3 months to ship me my box of cards and the other was because I forgot to pay for an item and the didn't remind me.. it was a .50 cent item..

When I did have it I HATED snipers.. I always bid what I thought was a good price and if someone sniped it good for them I always had better things to do than watch the ebay clock count down Big Grin

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
I always had better things to do than watch the ebay clock count down Big Grin

ditto, that's why I always snipe Smokin'
I use an automatic programme, place my figure early and forget about it, 95% of the time a bid isn't placed as it's already gone beyond my price - when a bid is placed some I win, some I don't.
Advantages for me is I don't get tempted to raise my bid if not enough, no bidding wars, bids placed when I'm at work, asleep etc.
' Sniping ' is just a form of bidding, nothing wrong it, as someone wrote earlier
it's not the last bid that wins, but the highest

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doggonit:
[..] as someone wrote earlier
it's not the last bid that wins, but the highest

Your wording it so much better than mine

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
I guess I must be really mixed up. I will snipe on something I really want, but I almost never bid on an item that I know has been bid by someone on card talk. There have been loads of items where I have not bid because Wolfmangolf, or allender, or tialessa has put in an early bid, especially tialessa Big Grin.

You might want to rethink that - I bid on a wide variety of items depending on what cash I have at the time... If I win - GREAT, but if I don't then I just have to deal with it...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
There have been loads of items where I have not bid because Wolfmangolf, or allender, or tialessa has put in an early bid, especially tialessa Big Grin.
Me too. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
You might want to rethink that - I bid on a wide variety of items depending on what cash I have at the time... If I win - GREAT, but if I don't then I just have to deal with it...
I'll remember that next time. Wink

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
I'll remember that next time. Wink

Me too Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
same here Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always pay for REGISTERED postage.

This way - the seller can't xxx around !
Registered postage means insurance, tracking, signature on delivery and you can check if the seller truly posted the item.

It might cost a little extra - but it is definitely worth the peace of mind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Look what I got related to Ebay today.....<br />I bid on a card 12 minutes before it ended (first time I saw the listing), it was a good card at a low price, the other bidder had bid the opening bid only, no higher....<br />***<br />Dear Sir,<br /> Thank you very much. You did the dishonourable thing of "sniping" another fan and ebay user. I hope you feel satisfied with what you have ?

You bid arrived during the middle of the night local time, and minutes before the auction ended with another person having spent days watching/bidding on something they really wanted.

I hope you feel pleased with your dishonourable actions and lack of decency to others ?

***<br />Not sure why he's more worthy then I to have the card Smile <br />Except I"m a skanky dealer, I guess...

ignore it - you did the RIGHT thing Smile
Why should you risk paying extra in a bidding war Wink

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
raise your hands..how many of you have not left deserved negatives cause you were afraid of retaliation..... undeserved, of course...

[ 04-13-2002: Message edited by: stcardgeek ]</p>

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!
I have had only a couple of bad auctions in my ebay history.
But I really value my 100% positive feedback.
If I have a bad transaction, I just DON'T leave feedback at all.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
One issue is I think that negative feedback on ebay should have twice as much space (more than 80 characters). I know you cant write a book but usually you need a little bit more room to sufficiently describe the problem.

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
write an entire essay on why people should avoid this person - hilarious !!!
Then again, you don't want to step into harassment and defamation territory Wink