Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Komodo - For someone that's been with us for four years (53 posts??? you Wolfie - like chatterbox Big Grin ) that was a great intro to you and your lifestyle. Visit more often Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Never mind Who are you. I'm still trying to figure out Who am i. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Never mind Who are you. I'm still trying to figure out Who am i. Eek

You the WLOFIE! Eek

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have replied to this post before, so here goes:

My name is Andrew and I am 38 years old. I live in Southern California and work in the English department of a local college. I have the most patient and loving girlfriend in the world; she has a great son (even though he is a teenager Roll Eyes ).

From my id, you can probably tell that I love reading. Jack London is one of my all time favorite authors. Some other favorites of mine are Fitzgerald, Faulkner, Bradbury, Hemingway, Mark Twain, John O'Hara, Graham Greene, Steinbeck, etc. I also read a lot of Sci Fi and mysteries by writers like Edgar Rice Burroughs, Anne McCaffrey, Harlan Ellison, Harry Turtledove, etc. Have left out many fave authors, but will move on now.

As far as cards go, I have collected both nonsport and baseball cards since I was a kid in the 70's. I still collect some baseball (favorite player: Rod Carew, fave team: the California Angels), but have lately been focussing more on nonsport. I have a mishmash nonsport collection, but am mostly interested in obtaining Star Trek and Twilight Zone autograph cards.

I freely admit to, and revel in, being a geek. Unfortunately, while I have the geek personality traits, I lack the geek computer aptitude. Thus, I spend a fair amount of time yelling at my computer (and computers in general) when they won't do what I want them to do.

I am old enough that I no longer care what people think of me or if people are "looking at me". (Bright colored socks with sandals? You bet!) It is very freeing to feel this way-I recommend it to all. I am made aware of the fact that I am decidedly UNCOOL on a daily basis at the college, but do not care a whit. I enjoy being myself!

On the serious side, I try to appreciate every day that I live on earth. I have been blessed with truly amazing people in my life. Some (too many, in fact) are no longer living, but it makes me appreciate those that still are here that much more. Smile

I like checking in here at NSU and reading the posts. I read most of them, even if I don't always reply.

Have traded with and "chatted" with several people on here and they are very friendly and helpful.

Anywho, just wanted to add to this thread and say "Hey" to you guys.

So. Hey! Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jack London,

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Komodo - For someone that's been with us for four years (53 posts??? you Wolfie - like chatterbox Big Grin ) that was a great intro to you and your lifestyle. Visit more often Thumb Up

Been working on at least making a respectable presence lately LOL

The main reason was I just got bored with collecting and left it alone for a few years. It's refreshing to do different things now n then, it really gives you a decent perspective Smile

And a "Hey" back atcha Jack Wave

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
My name is Michele. I'm 13 and have been collecting cards since christmas vacation, that would be 5 months. I strated off with Charmed trading cards. When I joined NSU Card Talk I started getting into the Angel, Buffy, and Smallville sets. But will always mainly collect Charmed. According to the Non-Sport Update Price Guide, my Charmed collection is worth $631. I have fun looking at what the cards are worth. I'm looking forward to the Charmed Destiny set. I would love to buy a case but I could never afford it. My sister who copies everything I do or get, collects Buffy cards. So for payback I like to rub it in that I get a Buffy card that she doesn't get. But it's fun to have someone else share the same hobby I do. Thats all for now.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Better late than never Smile

My name is Kimberley and I am 19. I live in Suffolk and am finishing up my A Levels. I want to work in Customs&Exerise but not for a few years yet. I'm not sure what is next as I am disabled (ME/CFS and a foot problem) so will have to see what life holds for me.

I collect Xena and Charmed cards mainly, but also collect Buffy, Hercules, LOTR, Harry Potter and several movies.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gingerninja
posted Hide Post
My name is Tim I am 29, I live in Adelaide, Australia however I am British. I moved out here 1 year ago and I am training to be a cop (i was on in the UK for 6 years).
I am married to Helen with no kids.

I use to collect comics which has led me to cards. My first set was Star Trek TNG impel 92(still not complete) and I now have Marvel Masterpecies(without any of the specials)
And I got my first box yesterday - Spiderman 2 which was only $20 Aus.

Posts: 12 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Gingerninja...have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

catchy name btw Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
wellcome gingerninja

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hey all i've been posting a while now so heres a bit about me.

my names rachal ( gee bet you can't guess my partners name) and i have a very unoriginal namey thing. i came to card collecting via Buffy and Angel my most favourite shows in the whole of the vers- well along with firefly, blakes 7 ,veronica mars and more.

i love reading lots of sci fi fantasy but anything really we live in melbourne australia i've got 2 sproglets Will and Harriet and i'm getting married next year(!).

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammet
posted Hide Post
I don't think i have done this yet?

So for anyone who wants to know, i'm Samantha (19 years old) and i'm from The Netherlands.

I got to know about non sport cards after seeing people on Buffy boards having the Buffy ones. Here in The Netherlands we do have cards, but it's mostly the RPG stuff, none of these.

I got some Buffy cards through some auction sites after that and really liked them. But never thought about buying a box, cause they were usually too expensive to me.

They still sorta are, but i like everything Harry Potter related and when i found out they had cards i was very interested, i started of buying a PoA Bonnie Wright Auto card from an auction site, and then couldn't resist buying a PoA Update box.

After that i have only bought 2 boxes so far, but i had great fun opening them and they didn't dissapoint me, i should get my second PoA update box in a few days.

I will just be sticking to HP though, and i will never buy a whole case, but just the boxes are fun enough. However i'm affraid it will be addicting Wink

i have almost been pulled into other series (Lost and Firefly mainly) recently, but i'm still trying to resist those, wish me luck Smile

Right now i am looking forward to the next HP series, and of course the one after that; CoS

Posts: 56 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: May 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Hey Sammet,

I too collect Poa update cards.If you need anything just let me know. My email is in my profile. I'll be more than happy to help a fellow Card Talker.

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok Since this thread popped up...

My name is Mike,31 years old. I live in Northern Iowa.. I am a die-hard hunter and outdoorsman.. That occupys most of my time.

I work at Winnebago Industries making motor homes. Very slow right now, wish gas prices would come down.

I started collecting Sports cards in 1986 and was very active in them until a few months ago. I think that hobby is going the wrong way so I have decided to try Non-Sports for a change. I am having a great and fun time doing that. I have bought boxes of Family Guy,Charmed, and Harry Potter GOFU.

I hope to make trades with you all but since I am just starting I dont have much available. If it is sports cards you want then I may have it. Thanks and Happy Trading...Mike

Posts: 59 | Location: Iowa | Registered: June 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hello Wave to the latest batch of newbies here,welcome aboard have fun and enjoy your stays Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
yes hi all newbies and welcome aboard

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I realized I never posted in this thread.

My name is Valentine, though my friends call me Val. Yes I am male and yes I am named after the holiday- February 14th is my birthday. I am currently 27 years old and am of Cambodian/Thai descent. I have lived in New York nearly all of my life and was born in NYC. There was a brief period early on when I was in Florida, but have lived at my current address for the past 22 years. I went to a wonderful high school, actually one of the best in the country, but did not go to college.

I have been working in the bookstore biz WAY too long- nine years! (6.5 at my current job, 2.5 at my previous job- both in bookstores.)

I am a MAJOR Buffy/Angel fan with special love for Cordelia Chase/Charisma Carpenter- which made season 5 of Angel a letdown.

I have been a Trekkie, though my main Trek series was TNG.

I am a major music fan- with an emphasis on 80's music. My favorite band of all time: the Bangles. My favorite solo singer/artist(who I got SO into this year): Kylie Minogue.

I like men and am single at the moment.

I collect action figures(with an emphasis on DC Comics Characters), comics(DC all the way), and trading cards- one of those hobbies has to go/get toned down- it isn't gonna be toys or cards though...the only problem is that DC has been SO GOOD this year- too good!

Oh and some of you may have met me at Dee's show last August but didn't know me- because I hadn't posted yet at that point due to my old computer being incompatible with this website's message board. I will be at Dee's show again this year and I plan to actually be there both days this time.(I was there on Friday last year.)

Anyway that's me in a nutshell!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Valentine is a great and original name!!!

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post