Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Your quite right, walking about in Star Trek pajamas should not be allowed. Big Grin

You can go around in Star Trek pajamas, as long as you boldly go...

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
My name is Sharon. I'm 42 years old, married, have 2 kids (8 year old son and 6 year old daughter)and work as a paralegal. I never started collecting until about 3 years ago when I discovered Supernatual trading cards, Six Feet Under, LOST and then Robots (which I collect with my kids). I just bought a Spiderman 3 binder that I thought my son and I could collect together. Now all I need is to find something my daughter and I can collect together that won't break the bank.

I'm going tonight to place my order at my LCS for LOST Seasons 1-5 tonight. Yeah!!!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Sharon,
There are horse cards by Golden Horseshu and Bella Sara. There are Sailor Moon cards, Shrek by Dart, Barbie by Tempo and the ever growing collection of Hannah Montana cards. I bought cards like these for my daughter when she was younger, but now she is off to college. Maybe she would like those.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
My name is Sharon. I'm 42 years old, married, have 2 kids (8 year old son and 6 year old daughter)and work as a paralegal. I never started collecting until about 3 years ago when I discovered Supernatual trading cards, Six Feet Under, LOST and then Robots (which I collect with my kids). I just bought a Spiderman 3 binder that I thought my son and I could collect together. Now all I need is to find something my daughter and I can collect together that won't break the bank.

Welcome Sharon! Wave

Always good to hear about parents collecting with their kids.

You're not to far from Carol Stream, where there will be a non-sport card show on the 13th. That would be a great opportunity to see what all is out there. Info is on this thread:
CECE Holiday Show
or Paul's website: www.nonsportcardexpo.com

I'll be making the trip in from Northern Michigan and there's quite a number of dealers and a couple artists making the trip in as well.

Always a good time and you never know what you might discover!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
My dad, when I was a kid, used to throw them away if he found any. I was pretty good at hiding them from him.

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's been a while since anyone introduced themselves. Does that mean I'm the first new blood on here in almost a year? Big Grin

Any who, My name's Bob and I live just south of Denver. I'm 31 years old. I used to collect a lot of Marvel sets growing up in the 90s and then about 5 years ago I got back into it after being gone for a while. Then a few years back I came across some promo cards and now I can't stop. I try to get my hands on anything comic book related and I love promos, no preferences. About 6 months ago I discoverd NSU and subscribed right away.
I've read about the forum in the mag and decided it was finally time to join and start chatting.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like it's been a while since anyone introduced themselves. Does that mean I'm the first new blood on here in almost a year?

Welcome Bob. Maybe you're just the first new person who looked through old threads Smile I'm a comics oriented collector myself (DC more than Marvel) so maybe we'll meet in the trading sections. Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Welcome Bob I forgot all about this thread...make sure to check out All C's in Aurora it's one of the few Non-Sports stores around Denver.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob - welcome. I used to live in Colorado Springs, so I know Castle Rock - a beautiful place. Hope you enjoy Card talk.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there.
I'm going to take a try at a similar approach as ManInTheIronLung did back in 2002.

Name: Rasmus
YOB: 1983
Serial#: Scattered oats on the bathroom floor
Work: Mildly classified
Married: Not for a longshot.
Card Collector: Sports since 1994, Non-sports since the mid of 2012.
Parents: Approves of my shagginess, I think...
Music: Anything that makes the belly wobble.
Other likes: Anything that bounces, a grog containing Coca-Cola & Stroh Rum 80% alcohol and smooth boxers.
Other collections: The full swedish edition of Transformers Magazines from the 80's & 90's, approx 90% of Hasbros WWF figures from the early 90's, all of E-Type's records on CD and dust in all it's many shapes & sizes.

Wanna know more? Google.

Posts: 16 | Location: Malmö, Sweden | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome Rasmus! Wave Glad to have you here.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Welcome...and now I have The Who stuck in my head.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

my name is Stephan, I'm 32 years old and I'm from Stuttgart in Germany. I've been collecting non-sport autographs in-person since age 12 and only recently (as of Sept. '12) explored the world of non-sport autographed trading cards due to my favourite tv show "ALIAS" starring Jennifer Garner.

As of now I try to get together all "ALIAS" autograph and costume cards made by Inkworks and have 27 of them so far. Beside these I also have an autographed "CSI:NY" card by Anthony E. Zuiker, an autographed "Angel" card by Christian Kane (Inkworks), an autographed "Supernatural" card by Aldis Hodge (Inkworks), an autographed "Tom Raider" card by Til Schweiger (Inkworks), an autographed "Small Soldier" card by Gregory Smith (Inkworks), an autographed "Lost" card by Marc Vann, a dual-autographed card by Beau Bridges & John Schneider (2010 Razor Pop Century Gold #3/5) and an autographed Americana Sports Legends card by The Ultimate Warrior (Donruss, #027/128).

My goal is to get all of the all autographed "ALIAS" cards by Inkworks (though the two Jennifer Garner cards might be impossible to find), but I also keep looking for other nice autographed cards by Inkworks, because I like the design of their cards. I also prefer that the Inkworks cards are actually signed ON the card and not on a small holographic sticker like my Ultimate Warrior card by Donruss. So to round it up, I'm only into collecting autograph and costume cards though I have to admit that some sketch cards look really awesome!

Collecting non-sport trading cards is no business at all in Germany, so the only chance I have to get my cards is through eBay UK and eBay US. Frown

However, when I collect autographs in-person I only collect on 8x10" and 8x12" photos as well as on 12" record covers.

Well, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask! You may also visit my blog at autographzone.tumblr.com where I post a scan of every new card I purchase.

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Wave Welcome estephano

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome estephano Wave

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello estephano! Welcome aboard Wavey

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone!

I'm Jonas and I'm 27. I live in Australia and I'm a bit of a cinephile. I love travel, music and tv, esp. HBO shows.

I used to collect all kinds of autograph and costume cards but now I only collect autographs of actors and actresses that I find interesting. I have approximately 150+ autograph cards in my collection.

You can check out my collection on http://bon3daddy.tumblr.com/. I haven't scanned all my cards yet but it should be done by next week.

Cheers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bone,

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Hello everyone!

I'm Jonas and I'm 27. I live in Australia and I'm a bit of a cinephile. I love travel, music and tv, esp. HBO shows.

I used to collect all kinds of autograph and costume cards but now I only collect autographs of actors and actresses that I find interesting. I have approximately 150+ autograph cards in my collection.

You can check out my collection on http://bon3daddy.tumblr.com/. I haven't scanned all my cards yet but it should be done by next week.

Cheers!

Hi Jonas and welcome to NSU Card Talk. I'm Stephan and I live in Germany. Wavey

It's great to meet another cinephile who's around my age. I've been collecting autographs in person for 20 years now (on 8x10" and 8x12" photos) and started to collect costume & autograph cards in 2012. Like you, I only collect autographs of people I'm interested in, so I'm not the usual card collector who buys boxes or cases but just specific single cards.

Though I haven't updated my Tumblr in quite some time (don't like their recent changes anymore), you can check it out here: http://autographzone.tumblr.com

One advise I have for you is to use watermarks on your scans for Tumblr to prevent people simply copying your own photos. There are way too many people out there these days who try to make a quick buck and scam people by selling something they don't actually own.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me through Tumblr or through here.

Happy collecting Smile

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jonas. Glad to have another collector aboard. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Hello everyone!

Cheers!

G'day Jonas! Wave it's great to see another Aussie here Smile

And that is an amazing collection you have there so far, I'm in awe...

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post