Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the CT Forum BBB. Another brit joins the ranks. Do we outnumber the Yanks yet???

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Welcome George as well

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Who Am I? I ask myself that everyday. Big Grin

"Lady Aluminum"
aka
Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardquest
posted Hide Post
My name is Tom, I'm 48, and I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC. I am married with 2 teenage kids and I'm a Geriatric Psychiatrist. I was one of those weird kids who kept everything he collected as a child so I still have all of my comic books and non sport trading cards from the 60's. I got back into card collecting big time in 1990 when my kids started collecting and I haven't looked back. I have about 900 sets from the 60's to the present. I'm a unrepentant completist so about half are true Master sets including full boxes. I mainly collect superhero,Disney,Bond,pinup,and movie/tv (Buffy,X-Files).

I have spent the last month rummaging through the 13 floor to ceiling cabinets in my basement to identify all the extra stuff in my collection. I'm going to sell some of it at a show later this year. My ultimate goal is to put together a comprehensive trade list but it's a little overwhelming! Partly I need the room and the $ to continue collecting, but I also don't think it's fair for me to hold on to duplicate material that someone else may need for their collection.

Posts: 39 | Location: NC | Registered: May 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Hello, Tom. I'd be interested in seeing your trade list when you post it on Card Talk.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
welcome Tom, bring on that trade list...... plenty of people here who would be interested Smile

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KAZ
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I'm a 27 years old collector. I'm living in France near Lyon. It's hard for me finding cards but it's my passion. I've started to collect with X-Files Season 2-3 and now i collect TV shows cards. I Finish a mini-master set of Smallville 2. My English was a little poor so it's why i post just a little in the forums but i read everything Wink

Posts: 176 | Location: lyon, FRANCE | Registered: December 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KAZ:
Hello!

I'm a 27 years old collector. I'm living in France near Lyon. It's hard for me finding cards but it's my passion. I've started to collect with X-Files Season 2-3 and now i collect TV shows cards. I Finish a mini-master set of Smallville 2. My English was a little poor so it's why i post just a little in the forums but i read everything Wink

Wow, another member from France Smile

By the way, your English sounds fine to me!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lapis
posted Hide Post
Thought I should properly introduce myself: I'm Laura, age 35 (almost), I live in Knoxville, TN, I'm married, and I'm at-home with our fabulous toddler right now. My card collection exclusively consists of Buffy cards; to say that I adore the show is an understatement. Buffy is my first foray into card-collecting (over the years, I've collected X Files film cels and Olympic pins). My goal is a master set of Buffy Inkworks Connections; my wish is for SMG to do a auto card, and for me to have one. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lapis,

Posts: 87 | Location: Knoxville, TN, USA | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board lapis

Wave

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hey lapis,welcome aboard here Wave.

And another welcome to kaz also,which btw your english is more than great.

Both of you keep posting and most of all have fun. Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of gypsyforce
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am new also. My name is Becky. I am a photographer. I collect, whatever I think looks cool. I have been collecting cards since I can remember.

Peace....

Posts: 28 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
And a welcome to you to Becky Wave.Enjoy your stay.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CrazyCavia
posted Hide Post
I'm also new here, haven't introduced myself yet.
I'm Daniel, age 25 and I'm from the Netherlands.
Trading cards are not a common hobby here so getting them is sometimes difficult.
And with a postal service that can't provide IRC getting a free promo is out of the question.

I started in '95 with Topps X-Files, and collected them for about 2 or 3 years then had to stop 'cause of school and later work. I just started getting back into it 6 months ago, completing series that I had and also getting some series that I missed.
Also got an subscription to NSU, great mag, to keep me updated.
Now it's mostly Buffy, Charmed and CSI that I collect, but if something looks cool I'll probably buy it. Compulsive buyer, I'm working on it Wink

Apart from trading cards I'm interested in aviation and photography. Another expensive hobby Roll Eyes

Posts: 87 | Location: Assen, Netherlands | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gypsyforce
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say hello, photography is a very expensive hobby in itself. It gets worse when you decide to take your hobby to the next level and try and make money.

Posts: 28 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Superfro
posted Hide Post
I finally read through all the pages of this topic and it was very cool to learn something about these folks that I have been reading posts from and/or trading with. Some people I had "guessed" about and it was a treat to see who I was right about and who surprised me!

I guess it's my turn!

My name is Erin and I am the owner of a small comic book store in Iowa. I opened the store in 1996 as a comics and music store but have since gotten out of the music biz and now focus only on comics and comic related merchandise. I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy my cards at wholesale but sadly have been unable to muster up much interest for cards in my customers.

I'm married with no children or pets and no plans for children or pets. My husband, Jeremy, wants a monkey so he can dress it like himself. Roll Eyes I'm turning 30 in April and have just recently started to freak out about it.

I've been collecting cards for about 10 years now, with a few years off when I was more focused on other things. I like promo cards of all sorts and also some Disney and entertainment cards. I like finishing sets but I've never put together a master set. Recently I started buying more boxes of cards but have never bought a case. When I open packs, I sort as I go which makes Jeremy crazy, he perfers to open all the packs and then maybe, sometime, sort them.

My husband and I also collect comics, Heroclix, hockey cards, Swatch watches and Swatch phones, Nightmare before Christmas stuff, medical implements, Sanrio paper products, Muppets action figures, monkey things, pressed pennies, chenille blankets, original comic artwork, used foreign stamps and Cedar Point memorabillia. Actually, with the exception of the Heroclix and the Muppets figures, everything is what I collect. I guess I'm a collector of collections. Just like how I have lists of the lists I make Smile

I have really enjoyed Card Talk since I joined. I've made many good trades and had lots of laughs as well as learned valuable information about one of my hobbies. Suffice it to say that it's made me more of a card fan than I was before!

Posts: 337 | Location: Marion, Iowa | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That's scarey Superfro, Your collections look like my collections and we are only about a year apart in age.
My uncle used to be a swatch watch retailer. He had thousands of them. One day when the swatch rage was over (The early 90's) he sold them all to a collector for about 1/4 of what they are worth today!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Superfro
posted Hide Post
quote:

My uncle used to be a swatch watch retailer. He had thousands of them. One day when the swatch rage was over (The early 90's) he sold them all to a collector for about 1/4 of what they are worth today!

The Swatch rage is OVER?!?!??! Why didn't any tell me??? Wink

Posts: 337 | Location: Marion, Iowa | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Superfro 30? If only I was that young. Is 51 old?? I enjoy collecting cards as stamp/coin collecting has become crazy. Prices high-but cards? From around $35 a box in the 70's to $65 and up??? WOW!!! Only a pack here and there.Here a pack-there a pack everywhere a pack but promos hard to find. Thanks Superfro for cards. (And no kids? Babysit 8 kids in diapers while the mothers went to bingo and the fathers went to the stock car races. Help!!!!).

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Welcome lapis, gypsyforce and superfro Wave Wave Wave

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post