Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Reaper:
I think Valentine is a great and original name!!!

Me too Wink

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I agree it is a kewl name... and I find nothing strange with a man being named Valentine since it is a mans name! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
hi val valantine is a cool name

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
have you seen cordilia is in veronica mars now

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
thanks guys! I had some teasing when I was younger, but have learned to embrace my name. I also know that CC has been on VMars and I might have to get the second season of that on DVD Smile

I also need to get a box of the new Charmed set because CC has a card in that set too.

Love you guys!
Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
hi yer she had 3 or 4 episode in season 7 she was cool until she was blown up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Post being moved to here...

I have been a member of Card Talk since April. I joined up for the "Open that Box Day" but failed to post until recently. I never introduced myself properly so here I go.

I go by the Name of Freeza but here I am known as Master. I have been buying and selling cards for quite a while. I am trying to make it a business but I also enjoy opening packs and boxes to see what kind of goodies I can get.

I have a cat I named Lord Vegeta. He is a cute & evil furball. I collect spaceships & models. I currently have a collection of the Star Wars Titanium ships including the Battlestar Galactica ones I can find. I also have a large collection of micromachines from Babylon 5, Star Trek, & Star Wars. I even have a few of the Johnny Lightning Star Trek ships.

I have a myspace page whit some of the artists as my friends. I admire their work. Maybe this will help someone with the secret santa as well.

Until Next time I rule the Empire!

Pic of me and my furry little boy Vegeta

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meatwagon
posted Hide Post
Well let start by saying hi to all.Hi all.(ok that was lame)Anyways,my real name is Rick,36 yrs. old,and married with kids.I have been working as a paramedic for the last 16yrs. I decided to start collecting cards about a month ago.I started with a set of EVE:The second Genesis a ccg.But also am intrested in Battlestar Gallactica,Serenity/Firefly, and can't wait for the Breygent sci-fi/horror poster set.Needles to say I am a scifi/horror/fantasy lover.Other than a small collection of table top minitures this is my first real attempt at becoming a collector.Am also currently (albeit slowly)learning German.I look forward to being a member of this community.
Thanks,
meatwagon

Posts: 218 | Location: Ca. USA | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

my name is Igor and i'm from germany. I'm 25 years old and i'm a student. I already have expierence in collecting trading cards (basketball). I realized that there are also a lot of TV and Movie Trading cards available, so i decided to start to collect some of these cards...i will focus on lost at the beginning because it's on of my favorite tv shows...

Posts: 17 | Location: Germany | Registered: April 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Welcome to NSU Igor! Wavey

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Igor,have fun and enjoy your stay here Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
This is a corner of the forum I'd not seen until now, so here goes.

My name is Ian, I am 33 years old and live in London, England. I grew up in Devon (south west England) and have lived in London for about 13 years this July.

I work in West End theatre marketing - for one of the two big players in the West End ad & promotion industry. I worked in West End theatre box office for many years, then for a ticket agent (broker) and now at my current job, which I've held for 2 years.

I live with my fiance Catherine in Shepherd's Bush (West London) and we own a small flat, with not nearly enough room for the comics, cards and books we collect.

I'm into comics (Spidey, and mainly Marvel - Daredevil, the old late 1960's Marvel reprint titles, and some indies like Strangers In Paradise, Fallen Angel, etc - just picked up issues 1-20 of Joss Whedon's X-Men title - wow!), good tv shows (Lost, Heroes, BSG, ER) and good UK dramas such as State of Play.

Obviously, the nature of my work means I see a huge amount of shows in the West End - we work on Dirty Dancing, Billy Elliot, the RSC, Kevin Spacey's Old Vic Theatre seasons, among others.

I have a mpspace page, and ebay id - both the same as here - bealay is a nickname from college, and (very very loosely) refers to an 'Eastenders' character, whom I have nothing in common with. It stuck, and mutated.

Card wants include a box of Complete Avengers, Chronicles of Riddick, Aliens Vs Predator and for cards, some of the Wizard of Oz prop cards (mainly because they are so iconic) and continuing to try for complete sets of the BSG card sets for the new series, the LOST seta, Angel, Hellboy, Firefly, Serenity and a few others.

I missed OTBD this year, as I had to work on a big RSC powerpoint presentation, and couldn't get to see my dealer until the next London Comic & Card Mart on Sun 29 April. Next year though...

Cheers Thumb Up

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Hi... sorry I missed this part of the Board especially since I've been making myself such a pain in the butt about the new Charmed set.

My name is Holly - hollypop because my husband thought it was cute to call me that when I used lollipops to quit smoking.

I collect the Charmed sets and a few piece cards here and there. I'd love to get my holy grail cards but I now have a two month old baby so the money goes elsewhere now.

I buy boxes when I can and the best card I pulled was the Piper Pieceworks skirt redemption card. I was walking on air for a week! They are hard to find or are getting expensive. Yeah, I really have to justify spending alot of money on a single card nowadays or I'd have my Holly Marie Combs card by now- the first season autograph.

(edited cuz I sound like a complete idiot lol)

Nice to meet all of you! Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hollypop,

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Welcome Holly Wavey

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Hi Holly. Welcome to card talk. Hope you're getting enough sleep (got 2 young 'uns myself). Wave

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome!

umm.. sleep? Oh yeah, that thing that happens between my Ebay finds that I'm bidding on and when my two sons settle in lol

I have never been able to buy boxes outright except for the occasional Charmed box but that meant for Buffy, I was out of luck. Now I'm finding cards that I didn't even know I wanted and the prices are fantastic!

anyway... it's nice to meet all of you and already I'm finding all of you so very helpful so I'm staying Metal

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello... I'm Bob. The only non-sports set I collect currently is Wacky Packages. Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I live in Raton, New Mexico, and I write for the local newspaper.

Posts: 3 | Location: Raton, NM | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Bob! Wave

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
howdy mr morris -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Morris:
Hello... I'm Bob. The only non-sports set I collect currently is Wacky Packages. Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I live in Raton, New Mexico, and I write for the local newspaper.

Howdy and welcome! Wave

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post