Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
I guess I never did this topic...

my name is Matt, I'm 18 from the land of Phoenix, Arizona. I am almost finished schooling (had alot of social anxiety probs) and in a few years hope to go to LA to pursue acting.

I was a cardboard-bred baby, despite being bored (EDIT: D****t that was an unintentional screw-up! It's BORN)prematurely. I've collect sports cards for 18 years, but only now (2-3 months) dropped them for non-sports, though I've always had a penchant for them.

Here is quote from another post I made 3 minutes ago, to help distinguish me (if you haven't already Wink):

quote:
As for me... my name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr. You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay. Or you can call me Ray Jay, or you could call J.J...

Ugh... seriously, you can call me:
Matt (my real name)
Prescott (my simple nick)
Prezkot (my 'cool' hopped up nick)
Titanic Cyganik (helps people who can't pronounce my last name)
Macy (combining the first 2 letters in my first and last name, despite sounding girlish)

JUST NEVER CALL ME MARCY (which ironically is what you get when you add my middle initial)

Oh, and BTW, if anyone calls me by my GPK name, I'll skin 'em!!

"Hey! No one ruins our family vacations except me!... and maybe the boy!"- Homer Simpson

http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

[This message was edited by Prezkot on July 25, 2003 at 04:11 AM.]

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Hi, my name is Jessica. I live on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. I am a government worker and I HATE it!! Mad I want to work for myself, but don't know what to do. I was in college to be a concert violinist but decided that I cannot function in that society (classical music/opera), so here I am working at a job I hate - but making good money at it!!

I am 25 years old on August 9th (I accept presents... Big Grin) I just recently started OBSESSING with the non-sports hobby with the Witchblade TV release - before that it was a dabbling with Fantasy cards, mostly Boris and some pinups too (Olivia). Now I just can't stop!

I also collect anything Xena, but am considering selling most of that collection to finance my non-sports collection. Another passion of mine is Lapidary - rocks. For some reason I have to collect any mineral carved into spheres.

Hmmm what else... I have a 6 year old Beagle (dog) who is my pride and joy Smile

That's it I think Thumb Up

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another passion of mine is Lapidary - rocks. For some reason I have to collect any mineral carved into spheres.

I thought I was the only one! At the nearest rock shop, I'm known as "the sphere lady." Big Grin I have about 20 of them. My favorite is one made of lapidolite.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought I was the only one! At the nearest rock shop, I'm known as "the sphere lady." I have about 20 of them. My favorite is one made of lapidolite.

Smile another collector!! Unfortunately I haven't found a shop dedicated soley to rocks here, but there is a "new age" store that has a few of 'em. Other than that - eBay. I have about 20 - 30 of the larger spheres, and gosh, I don't even know how many of the smaller-marble sized ones. My favorite is an impulse buy that is blue agate and gorgeous!

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Well being new here I think I will post here! My name is Lou I am older then my teeth but younger then...
oops wrong movie sorry! No Iam 43 retired military and starting a new career working two jobs now(it hasnt gotten easier!). Have a couple of great sons, one finishing college the other who knows? I love to collect historical documents and signatures. And of course I LOVE non sport cards!!!!! Mostly into Trek not a big collection but I love Autos and costume cards!!! It grows daily and I love to put them in picture frames and hang on the wall for all to see!
Dance

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
I'm Claire and I'm 19. I'm a business student at college (or at least I will be when I start on Monday!).

I've always been a collector since being about 4 when I would collect bits of polystyrene from warehouse floors! I then went on to collecting rubbers, stickers, bouncy balls, Boyzone stuff, autographs (which I still collect) and finally Buffy and Angel trading cards.
I have Buffy base sets from season 2-6 and also SSF, Evolution, Reflections and Connections and Angel base sets from seasons 1-4. My trading card dream is to collect at least one master set from either a Buffy or Angel set. Unfortunatly I don't see that happening at any point the near future but I can always dream

-Claire

http://clairestradingcards.mysite.freeserve.com

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Since ive been spending alot of time here lately.I thought that I should at least introduce myself.My name is Chad, im 22 years old.And im from Halifax NS , Canada. And im also in my final year of completing my history degree. I collected sports cards for many years, and just started collecting nonsports cards about 6 months ago. lately my passion for nonsports cards(especially Bond cards) has progressed rapidly.and I just purchased my first non-sport update a few days ago. Other than nonsports cards, I really enjoy movies , games, travelling , and hockey.I hope to get to know you all alot better in the future. regards , chad Wave

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
I'm the Famous Eccles Eek Confused.

FX - Tootsies heading into distance at great speed.

Sheep Sheep

"He drew a deep breath. 'Well I'm back,' he said."

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
Hi Wave

I've kind of done this recently in another thread as I'm a newer member and collector, but I'll be glad to go at it again. I just started collecting non-sport cards a few months ago after 4-5 years of baseball card collecting. I find non-sport cards more fun, less expensive, and much easier to build sets of. Baseball cards were becoming much too expensive and my credit cards were more tapped than phones at the Watergate Hotel Big Grin. Plus, there was a new product released about every 15 minutes. Short-printed rookie cards and serial numbered parallels were over taking the hobby and although memorabilia and autographed cards have become much easier to pull, the odds of getting a Joe Schmo bat card increased as well, thus leading to many disappointing box openings.

I tend to favor TV and movie cards and will be trying to complete a master set of Buffy 7 and CSI, as it seems the first and last of a series seems to be where the action is.

On a personal note, the above Watergate reference should give you a hint that I'm turning 40 this month, on Thanksgiving day. Yes, I'll be called a turkey an infinite number of times that day Roll Eyes. I work in computer operations for a large nationwide payroll company and have been married for 12 years. Besides cards, I love music and doing various projects around the house and yard. My favorite TV show is NYPD Blue. My favorite singer is Tori Amos. My favorite color is blue. My turn-ons include.....d'oh! Time to go Big Grin.

Brian Smokin'

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Wave

[This message was edited by TWS on November 04, 2003 at 03:07 PM.]

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Foster
posted Hide Post
Hi All

New member and happy to be here. I’m in my 30’s and work as an IT project manager.

I started collecting comics and cards when I was in my teens. While, I’ve consistently collected comics I took a ten year break from card collecting due to time, funds and chase card burnout. I just picked up a box of Quotable Xena and it’s all coming back to me…the cards, the thrill of opening the packs…the obsession of it all. Bouncey

This is a great board and I’m looking forward to catching up on the latest and greatest.

Foster

Posts: 6 | Location: Americus, GA USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Foster:

Welcome to Card Talk and welcome back to card collecting. I hope you continue to enjoy both.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
DOUBLEooSEVEN,
My mothers only brother is in Halifax and my heart will always be in PEI. Welcome to CardTalk!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
DOUBLEooSEVEN,
My mothers only brother is in Halifax and my heart will always be in PEI. Welcome to CardTalk!
Thanks Wendi. It really is a small world after all. Whats your connection to PEI? Thumb Up

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
My mother is from PEI, my grandmother lived there until 8 years ago when she moved to Chicago with my mom (my gram, is 99 now). I spent almost all my summers on the island. I love it there and miss it very much.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Wendi, how did your family end up in Chicago? ConfusedBoth must seem like two entirely different worlds. Must be nice to get away from the big city for awhile, and spend some time on the island, ive personally never been to PEI though. Wink Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
My mom left the island and moved to Ottawa and worked for the government. Her and her best friend vacationed in Chicago once, she met my dad who fell madly in love with this French woman, called her in Ottawa until she finally married him! My father is not the type to live anywhere but Chicago. So she moved here and they are still in Chicago.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Wendi, thats all very interesting. Thumb Up Must be neat living in the big city. Wink Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
My mom left the island and moved to Ottawa. Her and her best friend vacationed in Chicago once, she met my dad who fell madly in love with this French woman. He called her in Ottawa until she finally married him! She moved here and they are still in Chicago.

Oh that's so great...Sniff..Sniff...Geez your dad's a lucky man! Luv You

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Did somebody say young women? Luv YouSorry I just lost control there for a second. Wink