Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Picture of Superfro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Superfro for cards. (And no kids? Babysit 8 kids in diapers while the mothers went to bingo and the fathers went to the stock car races. Help!!!!).

You're welcome for the cards, I know the money I spend on postage brings smiles to others so it's all worth it.

As far as kids go, I'll stick with babysitting occasionally! I'm far too selfish to have my own! Wink

Posts: 337 | Location: Marion, Iowa | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saturnman7
posted Hide Post
Well first off... My name is Chris and as some of you know I work at Walt Disney World in one of the finest resorts Disney has to offer Thumb Up.
Like Dan I started recollecting Star Trek in the late 80's. Lost most of my collection when I was around 12(now a little older 38) to a flood. Frown I am mainly a Sci-fi collector, but I have Disney set too(have a little girl). I ahve recently gotten hooked on promo cards and set buying. I have about 100 to 150 sets rangeing from Marve, DC, Lady Death, Star Trek, Star Wars ect. I hope to meet more of our fellow card talk members. The one's I have met like Hippiejewel, Mike999, Barobehere are good friends and I am always looking to add to the meet and greets.
I hope this helps people get to know a little bit about me and if you are ever in Disney stop by the Grand Floridian and say "Hi" Wave

Posts: 319 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Do you have any promo cards from Disney?? Wavey Metal Dance

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Samphirette
posted Hide Post
OK so *yes* I've been registered for 6 months and I've been a bad bad girl for not posting before.

I'm Samantha from the UK (*waves at XsabX in this thread Wink ) and have been collecting trading cards since 2000

I first started with collecting Buffy and Angel trading cards. Although I have to admit my collection is nowhere near complete as I've trailed off since about season 5.

I'm dreadful for wanting to collect too many different sets of cards as I like a lot of scifi tv and films. There's so many things I have to complete and must sit and go through all my cards (and spares) when my flat is less of a tip (decorating is NOT fun!!)

Between hubby and I, the bits and pieces include Buffy, Angel, Alias, Farscape, Stargate, Lord the Rings, Lexx, Highlander, Witchblade, Andromeda etc. Some are more one's collection than the other *mine mine mine*

I'm still waiting for a Jennifer Garner card to fall on my head Twak

Lack of money has meant a lack in buying this year (aside from some Alias & Highlander ... oh and the hopeful arrival soon of a Yancy Butler auto at last!!!) so I haven't been actively going to fairs.

Did make it to Collectormania but did much window shopping which can be just as much fun.

I probably know some people on here via ebay or other boards, but I've never actively found somewhere to geek out about cards before. The time is right now as I'm finding other boards a chore, and I'm hoping to sit down and try to fill the gaps on my cards - or at least watch the excitement of box breakdowns from all of you Dance

Nudge me for a hug once in a while, I'll be lurking Clap

Posts: 4 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samphirette:

Nudge me for a hug once in a while, I'll be lurking Clap

{{Samphirette}}

Welcome..... always great to have new UK collectors join the board!!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Samphirette Wave have fun and enjoy your stay here.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G
posted Hide Post
WaveyHi... My name is Gary. I've been a member for just a short while but have been collecting non-sports cards for quite some time. I'm 48, not the youngest, but surely not the oldest. My first collection was back in 1966. But that got trashed for reasons I don't let my brother forget. I didn't restart until the late 90's beginning with Star Trek. I was overseas and the supply and variety was very limited. I've progressed on toward the TV series SCI-FI sets, Babylon 5, Stargate, Seaquest & Farscape.

Most of my acquistions come from Ebay, whether they be single, sets, chase or boxes. I've probably dealt with some of you. I've recently met TWS at an event. Perhaps next time we'll have a beer Thumb Up.

Posts: 364 | Location: Severn, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk, Samphirette and G.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CptVideo
posted Hide Post
WaveyHello all,

My name is Ron, I am 49, almost 50. In August I will have completed school for massage therapy. Never too late to start over!

I just recently rediscovered how much fun NS cards were. At present I only have 4 base sets but I am hoping to put together an Alias Master Set. Time and budget will tell.

I had so many cool set from the 60's so long ago. If we only knew!

From reading these postings the last few days I get the feeling you folks are all pretty cool and I hope to make some new friends here. I alos look forward to possible trading with you and learning more about your collections. Once I get the hang of how this all works.

Well, I'm off for now, see ya!

quote:
I will grow old, I will NEVER grow up!!

Posts: 15 | Location: Leominster, Mass | Registered: June 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
G and CptVideo both of you welcome aboard,have fun and enjoy your stay here.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hi, my name is Frederic. I am 34 and I am a crazy collector who collects way too many things : non-sport cards, stamps, pins, stickers, comics books... I am also a guy who makes his bank account manager go nuts...and I like it Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Szym,

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk, CptVideo and Szym.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
cptvideo and szym..... congratulations... you are the proud winners of a brand new...... Ooops, hold on wrong post......

Welcome to the board guys... hope you enjoy your stay here!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
welcome to Card Talk Samphirette, Syzm and Cpt Video Wave

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
Another thread i just found that i thought would be fun to reply too.

My name is Mike Price and i am from Pennsylvania. I started collecting cards when i was young and then got out of it in the mid 90's and got rid of everything. Wish i had all my old stuff now.

In the late 90's i got back into collecting, mostly NASCAR at that time and decided to open a card shop. Gave that up in 2001 and got back into being a collector (NASCAR again). Sold off my collection last year so my wife could take off more time with our 2nd daughter who was a premie. Shortly after my oldest daughter (almost 6) got interested in cards so now i am back into it. So far we have done auto and costume sets from Buffy 7 and Scooby Doo 2 and working on Buffy Connections now (and looking forward to WOS).

Thats enough about me....LOL

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
This being one of the most popular threads on the board, I thought after all this time, I'd give it a go.

My name is Ryan(yes, a girl named Ryan), and I'm 23. I'm originally from Florida, but moved with my family to Tennessee when I was a kid. I've been married once, but am soon to be "re-single", and hopefully ready to give college a second go-round.

I started collecting baseball cards with my dad as a child, but dropped the hobby for a long while, and a couple years ago, started collecting Buffy/Angel cards - as I am a huge fan of both shows. Other than collecting cards, I enjoy movies and music, and living near Nashville I get lots of opportunities to see many local artists of many musical genres in "small town" settings. Quite the interesting place to be.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inkangel
posted Hide Post
Hi everybody,
as I'm kinda new to this site I think it's the proper thing to do and introduce myself so all of you know who your talking to.
My name is Alexandra, I'm from the Netherlands...that little country in Europe where all the windmills and woodenshoes are! Wink
I collect mainly Buffy Charmed and Angel cards but do have a lot of movie sets too ( not so much as the rest of you I guess but cards are a lot harder to come by here in Holland)
I started cardcollecting because of my friend ( Buffynut) once she showed me her collection I was hooked and my banksaldo never recoverd from that.
My holy grail is the Angel autocard..either the BtVS or the Angel one I don't realy care but I don't I will ever get one as it just ia way to expensive for my budget....but who knows I might win the lotto one day...
I hope this is enough info for now...If anyone want to know more just ask!

Posts: 48 | Location: netherlands | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
this treat being "old" hope I didn't already answer that one Angel

I'm Isabelle, 28, married with dogs (2) Big Grin
From France, and I fall into tc when I found a few cards in the back of a toy store :
Marilyn Monroe sport times 95 (oups I forgot to put some on my spare list Razz)

anyway, I've tried to find more, but the company was already closed and wasn't successfull with phone calls or snail mail either.

anyway, I got in a French auction website, bc one of my hubby coworkers was talking about several cell phones he had sold there.

Curious as I am, I went there and registered.

Then one day, that site was bought by ebay! Smile

I quickly looked in the international auctions, and found boxes of my beloved cards Luv You

At that time I didn't had paypal, and the international MO costed me as much as the box itself, plus the $13 shipping to France.
and at that time I thought that $13 for shipping was huge Big Grin

I started to hunt down my missing cards, buying more boxes (I have a point I swear, keep reading Wink)
I tried to find an online checklist, but didn't manage to.

I searched on ebay, with the key works "trading cards, checklist" and I found an issue of NSU Big Grin

finnaly, I received it one day, and when I got to the checklist page, OMG!! Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey
there are so many sets!!!!

my knowledge of the tc was the Mickey Mantle card, or Joe Dimaggio, so you imagine my surprise!!

And I found at that there was Angel cards Luv You
I was hooked!

so I started to collect Angel cards, Charmed and buffy. and MM of course too!

my hubby has some Battlestar G cards, and twilight zone.

I'm thinking of getting Dead zone cards too Big Grin

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all.
My names Darryl from 'sunny' ol England. My main hobby is collecting autographs and this is how I got into the card collecting scene.
My first card I bought was a Star Trek Voyager Profiles auto card of Janeway (I was a big Voyager fan). Then I got into the idea of collecting the rest.
I dont have big collections, since I concentrate on autograph collecting. But I do have two favourite collections. One is my complete original Star Wars Topps cards (all sets) from 77/78 including all stickers and the Futera Red Dwarf set.
Hope to speak to you all soon.

Darryl

Posts: 13 | Location: England | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all. My name is Dan. I am 40 years old and recently divorced. I work for the FAA. I started serious (kinda sorta) collecting in 92 with the Star Trek release. I get to one to two card/comic shows per year. My collection includes a William Shatner autograph pulled from the box.

Posts: 48 | Location: Portage,Mi,usa | Registered: September 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post