Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Picture of snickers
posted Hide Post
WaveyGreetings.
I reposted this, because I just found out about the "Who Are you"
I'm new here, but not new to collecting NS. Down the road I hope I can do some trades for singles to complete some sets.
Here's a bio on me.
male chicago USA
Terrible speller. (in advance)
Favorite set: Civil War News
I usually buy boxes of what fancies me, and not hype..
I would like to see more real art then photo images. Sometimes when looking at my sets it seems like all the gloss just make the cards clash. You have to look close to distinguish one from the other.
I think some real art would be an excellent addition as a sub set, or actually a whole set.
I.e. Mars Attacks, Civil War News, and or Mort Kuntsler, Norm Sanders type art. etc.
All in all, Inworks and Rittenhouse do an excellent job, and I did like the topps LOTR set.
Sets and inserts I'd like to see:
#1 The Jetsons (since I've seen the trek animated) these would be cool because of the vast colors involved.
#2 Sci- Fi B movies. Forbidden Planet,The Thing, Them, The Day The Earth Stood Still, War OF the Worlds, etc. (guess Im partial on this one)..Never gonna happpen, but wishful thinking.
#3 Bond toys. A set of all the Bond Gagets, including (Little Nelie). A redemption for a smaller numbered prop would be cool even if it was 3" or 4" long. Would make a nice glass case collection. It would also inhance collecting of the pieces once they are retired.
Actually Star Trek did something like this with the Fajo Collection, except there were no redemptions like this.
#4 3d puzzle inserts instead on 2D. Would be cool to build something from the pieces.(My kid came up with this one.)
Well, thanks for letting me bend your ears.
Hope to make some new friends here.
kudos to Harris for taking care of my email problem in a swift manor.
See you all later!

Posts: 147 | Location: aurora il. 60504 | Registered: March 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I've read this thread many times now.....but i think its about time i posted my tapence worth.

My name is Rupesh and i'm 24. I live in London, England. I work for in the finance department and am studying to become an accountant Cool

I collect many things my most favourite items being Comics and trading cards. I am currently reading Green Lantern, Tomb raider, Green Arrow, JLA, Transformers, Masters of The Universe, Paradise X, Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men to name but a few. I have been collecting comics for about 10 years and have ammassed about 10 short boxes worth.

My first love really is trading cards, and i would say i collected my 'first' comic based set also about 10 years ago after watching the X-men cartoon on TV (Fleer Ultra X-Men '95). I had a couple of sets before then (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles both the cartoon series and the first movie) but was too young to appreciate the fun of collectnig to take it any further (luckily i still have - being a hoarder of things) I now collect Star trek, Star Wars, Charmed, Stargate SG-1, James Bond, various movies, and cartoon/TV shows and comic. A master set for me is the base set and all chase cards inc as many promos as i can get my hands on. I rarely purhchase or hunt for auto's, but recently was compelled to finish my only full 'Master' set - Red dwarf the TV series (all but the Gold Card and Dealer card)

The only other master sets i have (which don't need auto's or pieceworks is Star Trek TOS in Motion, Spider-Man The Movie, Buffy Story So Far, Star TRek Women in Motion (missing 3 Gold Archives cards - i am deeming these near impossible to find), Marvel MAsterpices 1994, Fleers Ultra '95 Spider-Man, Batman master series and a few others i cant't think of right now.....

I have probably somewhere in the region of 130-150 sets either base or mini-master sets. Nto as many as some collectors btu i'm getting there slowly.

I also recently started getting autgrahs from various shows and the couple which are my favourites are Chase Masterson Luv You, Temeura Morrison & Jeremy Bulloch an Richard Kiel.

I also want to try and get as many of my Rittenhouse Archive card autographed as possible but missed sadly Marina Sirtis Frown at Birmingham in April and so far only have Claudia Christianson and Alice Krige.

Wish me luck Smile

"Ahead, Raaaaammmming Speeeeed!!!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RupT,

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of em47
posted Hide Post
Hi Wavey
I am new to this board and to collecting cards in general. I have only been collecting for 3-4 months now. So far the only set I collect is Alias, but that might change in the future. I have a fairly large Star Wars collection, consisting mostly of action figures. I even have an uncut sheet of some widevision cards that I purchased for my collection. So I guess you can say that was my first trading card purchase.

I am 22 and live in California. I currently go to school in San Luis Obispo, but I am originally from Merced (between Fresno and Modesto). I am graduating in June and I am currently praying to get a job so I can afford my new hobby. I am really glad that I found this board because it has helped so much in answering my newbie questions. Smile

Posts: 14 | Location: California | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Mike. I'm 22 and from Illinois. I've been collecting various things on and off probably since I was 10 years old. I'm a recently unemployed Computer Support Technician.

The heart of my collection is anything Star Wars. I have many figures, toys, autographed photos, and various collectibles that take up 3 rooms in my supporting parents' house. Aside from that I collect comic books, other toys & figures all packaged, sports cards, and non-sport cards. My collection tends to focus on things from the late '80's that I liked as a kid. Aside from Star Wars it includes TMNT, Transformers, GI Joe and more recently Star Trek and Twilight Zone, just to name a few.

Mike
http://hometown.aol.com/venom5ltr/cards/

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Missed this one too. It's nice to have found a place where I can formally introduce myself...

My name is Christine, I'm 32 (gulp) years old, and I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I'm not married, but have been in a relationship with the love of my life, Rob Luv You, for two and a half years. No kids yet either, but maybe we'll have some after I graduate from West Chester University with a degree in Sociology (which should be any decade now Big Grin).

I told the story of how I started card collecting in another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. Suffice it to say, I'm a born collector whose happiest when I'm on the hunt. And I love to hunt Disney cards! I even went to the Disneyana Convention at Disney World one year where they had a special card set and an uncut sheet of the same cards. I probably could have bought them on eBay for a lot less than what that trip cost, but I had a great time. (I'm still paying for it, so I'd better have!)

I'm actually quite shy when I first meet people, but once you get to know me, I won't shut up! (And I think I have proven that here time and time again. Big Grin)

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

[This message was edited by The Mouseketeer on May 10, 2003 at 11:40 PM.]

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm...

I can't seem to find any info on a couple of Card Talk members, maybe you know them - one is a diminutive clone, the other an elfen servant. Well, maybe it's because they are both sooooo shy and don't like to post too often. Big Grin

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmmmmm...

I can't seem to find any info on a couple of Card Talk members, maybe you know them - one is a diminutive clone, the other an elfen servant. Well, maybe it's because they are both sooooo shy and don't like to post too often. --- Mouseketeer

Whoooooo are youuu? ..... Whooooo? Whooooo?
Whoooooo are youuu? ..... Whooooo? Whooooo?

- So does (literally) being an international man of mystery, intrigue you? Cool The info is there. You just have to know where to look. Wink Unfortunately the records that were at Watcher HQ were lost when the First and it's minions destroyed it.

@@@ ScottEvil [MMC - CD to Gold] Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Mouseketeer, I posted in the secret identities column, so I never posted in this one. That post is here:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=476609053&f=9816075901&m=178608353&p=3

That is a short explaination of my name, but my bio is this:

Married, one daughter, collecting for many years, but just got back into Non-Sport about a year ago.

"Don't sound so shocked Clark. Guys do find me attractive, even though I don't have raven hair and the initials L.L." -Chloe

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
can't believe people will want to know but...

i'm Michael 34 year old minister who has been collecting since i can't remember.

brother of 2 (well 4 if you count their husbands Wink), uncle to 5, cousine to too darn many Razz

traded with some of you, and plan on tradeing with more of you Big Grin

"Is it suppost to be stupid?"
"It's not stupid, it's advanced."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
this board is loaded with people of the cloth!!!! Big Grin

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

"Admiral, there be WHALES here!" - Commander Montgomery Scott

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
this board is loaded with people of the cloth!!!! Big Grin Mtlhddoc2

So you better watch what you say, Mtlhddoc. Big Grin

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Dobby:
You're off the hook Wink, but...

quote:
- So does (literally) being an international man of mystery, intrigue you? The info is there. You just have to know where to look. Unfortunately the records that were at Watcher HQ were lost when the First and it's minions destroyed it.

MiniMe:
First, I haven't a clue what that last sentence even means. Confused Disney references only please! Wink I have this image of you sitting in a locked room surrounded by cards, furiously tapping away at your computer at all hours of the day and night. Am I close? Razz

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
- So does (literally) being an international man of mystery, intrigue you? The info is there. You just have to know where to look. Unfortunately the records that were at Watcher HQ were lost when the First and it's minions destroyed it. --- MiniMe
MiniMe:
First, I haven't a clue what that last sentence even means. Confused Disney references only please! Wink I have this image of you sitting in a locked room surrounded by cards, furiously tapping away at your computer at all hours of the day and night. Am I close? Razz --- Mouseketeer

- Well.... we just determined that you're not a Buffy fan. Or at least haven't watched the last half season. Secondly, it was a clue (when combined with the avatar and signature), leads to more info as to where to look (on Card Talk and/or in NSU) for clues as to," Who was that Masked Man?" or "Who is DarkMan? Wink

- Who needs keyboards when audio or telepathic response units are much more efficient and faster. Big Grin

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Picture of Jason
posted Hide Post
Hi the name is Jason and I run a Ups store here in Hilliard, Ohio. Turning 30 here shortly and I enjoy mostly movie cards and anything animated. I have been out of the hobby the past few years but now with the company up and going I have time to enjoy the finer things in life. Big Grin

Also on the personal side of things I am married to a wonderful woman who tolerates and even helps me with the budding card collection when we aren't chasing our son Cameron. We also like to do a little traveling and scuba diving when we can.

Posts: 53 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. My name is Teemu, I'm 27 year old mailman from Finland.
I started collecting cards about 2 years ago. I collect mainly XENA. I try to collect X-FILES,BUFFY and STARGATE cards too. Interesting autographs, chase cards and sets are welcome too. I buy all my cards from eBay.
Other hobbies. I'm huge Soccer (english premier and ManUtd) fan,I read Stephen King books,and I love computer games.

Posts: 16 | Location: Finland | Registered: May 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Teemu, welcome! It's great to see collectors from other nations on this board. Hope you enjoy Card Talk and are able to find some good trades with us.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the board. I'm a 20 year old student from Victoria, Australia and I'm obsessed with cards. I mainly collect Buffy and Angel, but I also dabble in some of the movie sets (eg. X-Men). I don't really have a large collection of autos or anything but if I had to choose a couple of faves I'd probably pick my 'Darla/Julie Benz Angel S2' and 'Jenna Lewis - Survivor CCG' (I can see you all rolling your eyes over that last choice - but I'm a HUGE Survivor fan). I'm also into collecting movie memorabilia (eg.signed photos, signed posters, figures etc). And that's pretty much it, I think.
It's great getting to know you all.

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Welcome to card talk Rhett Wave

Dave

.... I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow isn't looking good either....

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
Hi! I'm Kristina, a 19 year old full time college student from New York. I'm studying to be a vet and have ton of animals. I am a self-proclaimed Buffy freak- all I collect are Buffy and Angel cards. When I'm not collecting Buffy cards, I collect pig things just like Kristy!! Anything related to pigs or Buffy stuff I must have!! lol. Oh, and Robin Ventura is my favorite!!! I'm a huge Mets fan- no jokes please, this is a very hard time for me... lol.

My grandpa actually got me into card trading- he was crazy about opening baseball card boxes and started me on it- I started with The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, and have since collected all of the Coca Cola sets and Buffy and Angel sets. I even collected the Nancy Kerrigan card set which was so great (yes, I was a HUGE fan of hers... lol)

Thats me in a nutshell Big Grin I hope to trade with more of you in the future!

[This message was edited by Kristina on June 10, 2003 at 08:50 PM.]

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andro
posted Hide Post
Hi gang...

I got into card collecting only last year. Here in the UK, the closest thing I can remember collecting as a kid was Trump Cards at school, and more commonly Football Stickers. Last year I was watching QVC and bought an E.T Card set. I have always been into collecting in some ways, more stamps as a kid. But I find trading cards much more enjoyable. I started looking around on the web and found a few dealers and it wasn't long before I decided to look for web forums and such and found this place, undoubtedly the best source of upto date news and chat. Smile I'm a massive fan of Lord Of The Rings and am determinded to collect the Trading card sets in full. One day I'll get the Merry FOTR auto, one day... Smile Baseball is my passion sports wise, Blue Jays my following since my family got me into the sport 3 years ago. Love it. I sympathise with you Kristina with your Mets, Blue Jays haven't been anything spesh last few years, but things can change quickly in MLB heh? Smile Jays are 2nd best batting stats in the Majors. Quite interesting for them! Smile Anyway I I know a few of you are looking to goto Memorabilia in November here in the UK, look forward to making it and meeting some of you. Smile
Cheers,
Andy. Thumb Up

Posts: 252 | Location: Peterborough, UK | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post