DOUBLEooSEVEN
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
Who said young women??? Where Where? Eek

TWS, Im still looking, but ill let you know when I find out. D007. Wink

'' Devoted Aluminum member ''
December 02, 2003, 08:50 AM
drastic123
I have just found this post, so here goes: We live in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England (some call it UK, but I never have). Have been married for nine and a half years and our first child on the way (twenty weeks and counting) - the little mite is due on the 21st of April, next year. Sorry to say that "James" is an alias, but it is connected to me. Here in Britain we make a big thing of telling children not to give away their real names, because of the dangers the net poses, so if I give my real name my wifes, sisters children will pick up on it straight away and that would make me a pharasee...so anyway, if I play safe so do they! I love Mouse House and simply love the trading card sets that have been produced in Walt's honour. I have a BIG collection of Disney DVDs and I'm always looking for more. (I'm really looking forward to Bambi on DVD) I also love Brooke Bond cards etc. - at some point I would like to put a web site together in honour of Brooke Bond cards to help make them more popular with people in general here in Britain. My other hobbies are digital photography and the beautiful creation outside. My favourite animal is the unique Tiger and in our computer room we have some big, well framed prints of beautiful tigers. On the downside, I have got four wheels and a battery pack - to help me get around, so I have lots of time to kill (the internet helps keep me in touch with others). My interests take up lots of time when my wife is out and about. Oh lastly, I was born in the year Brooke Bond's "British Butterflies" (Blue Back) was issued, so now you know.

Ta-ta. Thumb Up

[This message was edited by drastic123 on December 02, 2003 at 09:01 AM.]
December 03, 2003, 05:29 PM
graytone
Hi everybody,

I am a newbie and after lurking on these boards for a couple of weeks I've deceided to join.
My name is Graham and I am 36 and live in a town called Wisbech in England.I mainly collect Buffy,Angel,Xena,Farscape,Smallville & Alias with one or two others in my collection.I started originally buying odd boxes but have recently moved onto cases, keeping the cards that I want and selling/trading the spares I get.
I buy and sell on ebay uk under the i.d. 'graytone' and hope to trade with others on this board in the future.
December 03, 2003, 06:48 PM
Barbara C
Welcome to Card Talk, graytone. Wave
December 03, 2003, 07:36 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
Welcome graytone. Thumb Up

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.
December 05, 2003, 03:30 AM
Sarah
Hi, I'm Sarah, 34 from Melbourne, Australia and I so glad I stumbled across this site a few days ago.

I first got into trading cards when I was about 8 I think and I used to spend all my pocket money on collecting the ABBA and Star Wars cards (thou I don't know what happened to those cards now Frown

For the past year or so I have been collecting Buffy and Angel cards - At first I was mostly interested in getting the autographs and piecework cards but after seeing some of the inserts and other cards that make up the set I have decided to try and attempt over time to complete some (wishful thinking here).

I would like to in the future add to my collect with Smallville, Charmed and LOTR (but my wallet will get a working out on those cards).

I never thought about the idea of trading cards but I have a few surplus of some sets and inserts so if someone could explain the process I can put together my trade/want lists.

I do trade on ebay and a buyer/seller under the name of icat2000.

The other thing I have notice of late is the rapid rise in Buffy/Angel cards especially in price!!!!

Sarah
December 05, 2003, 06:14 AM
hammer
Sarah, welcome to card talk. You will find a wealth of wisdom within this forum.
December 05, 2003, 07:58 AM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
welcome Sarah. Big Grin Smile

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.
December 05, 2003, 01:37 PM
Barbara C
Welcome to Card Talk, Sarah.
December 07, 2003, 04:30 PM
TWS
Welcome Sarah and Graytone! Glad to have you here!
Let me introduce you to Double00Seven and TWS the dreaded Aluminums! You might run across another Aluminum named Meander! Watch out for those Aluminums! Angel

Aluminums Yeah Go Baby! Go! Yahoo! I'm Back! I'm Back! Uh Huh! Oh Yeah! Wave

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

December 07, 2003, 04:46 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
Great to hear from my Aluminum compatriot again. Smile I was undersiege there for a while, but I managed to escape with only a few scratches. Thumb Up It just was'nt the same without ya TWS, hope you had a good trip, and gla dto see that your back,GOOOOOOOOOO Aluminums. Wink Elephant Dance

December 07, 2003, 06:30 PM
TWS
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:
Great to hear from my Aluminum compatriot again. Smile I was undersiege there for a while, but I managed to escape with only a few scratches. GOOOOOOOOOO Aluminums.

Yeah let's get those other mentals..I mean metals!
Where's that Mouse? Come on bring it on! Razz
I had a great time but thought about you here doing the Alamo thing...I tried to get online but they wanted way to much per minute. But I'm back and mean as ever! Mad

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

December 07, 2003, 06:50 PM
The Mouseketeer
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
Aluminums Yeah Go Baby! Go! Yahoo! I'm Back! I'm Back! Uh Huh! Oh Yeah! Wave

Oh no. It looks like our reprieve is over. Shake Head Welcome back Aluminum Boy! Wavey

Simba: "You're so weird."
Scar: "You have no idea." ~ The Lion King
December 07, 2003, 08:20 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
Just call me Sam Houston TWS. Big Grin Oh No, the mouse is back. Razz Better start setting traps. Thumb Up

December 07, 2003, 10:04 PM
Sarah
Devoted Aluminum member ?
December 07, 2003, 10:30 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
You might want to ask Aluminum Boy. Wink

December 07, 2003, 10:32 PM
TWS
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah:
Devoted Aluminum member ?

It is an Elite Group of Card Talk Members that are just the Greatest Bunch of Good Looking, Talented, Modest and Just Out and Out Cool People that the Bronze, Silver and Gold Members are hoping to be someday. You'll be one of us soon Sarah....Not everyone can be one of the Devoted Aluminums and we just don't let anyone hang with us. Especially if your a small rodent like a mouse... Wink

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

December 07, 2003, 10:41 PM
DOUBLEooSEVEN
Oh its good to have ya back TWS, I had a hard time running this place without ya. Big Grin

December 07, 2003, 11:36 PM
Sarah
Excellent a goal to aim for besiding completing card sets.

I dunno if I fit all the categories thou Big Grin