Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are you?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys. Pete here. Been a member here for over 10 years and only just saw this. I don't think I have replied here. I'm a 43 year old collector turned dealer from New Zealand. Started collecting King Kong and Superman cards in the 70's and picked up the hobby again in the mid 90's. New Zealand doesn't have many (or any) card shops here, so I started up a internet trading card web site to help collectors here and around the world. Have over 500,000 cards and have a personal collection of over 400 different sealed trading card packs. Every release now I try to save at least a pack. If you have any sealed packs to trade I have plenty to trade back.

I look forward to trading with any of you in the future!

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am Josh 32 yrs old and live in Arizona U.S. I have been collecting for over 10 years and have migrated from sports to nonsport. I think nonsport stuff is much better than sport. Been watching on here for a while now and thought I might as well get an account so I can talk. Nice to meet you all

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btbracing2000:
Hello, I am Josh 32 yrs old and live in Arizona U.S. I have been collecting for over 10 years and have migrated from sports to nonsport. I think nonsport stuff is much better than sport. Been watching on here for a while now and thought I might as well get an account so I can talk. Nice to meet you all

Welcome Josh!

Glad to see you have come over to the light side of collecting. Thumb Up

And remember, there are NO dumb questions so ask away. There are however dumb answers. You'll meet Wolfie soon enough.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Welcome Josh. This board is a wonderful fount of information and very friendly to those new to non-sport collecting

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Welcome Josh Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome Josh Wave

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Todd Miller
posted Hide Post
Hello, everyone, I'm Todd. I live in NJ with my wife and a whole mess of kids.

I've been lurking here for a few years, but I decided to finally become a member because I'm interested in doing some trading.

I mostly collect comics, but I do dabble in cards. I like the 1960s Norman Saunders stuff --Mars Attacks, Civil War News, Batman, etc.

I just got a few boxes of Mars Attacks:Invasion and there's still quite a few cards I need to complete my set!

I looked for some forum trading guidelines, but I couldn't find any. Did I just miss them?

Hmmm...I also hadn't intended on my actual name being my forum handle (for privacy reasons)...but, well, so it goes.

Posts: 8 | Location: West Orange, NJ | Registered: November 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome Todd. Glad to have you aboard!

The guidelines are above the thread list for each trading forum. I hope that made sense.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Wecome Todd Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Miller:

Hmmm...I also hadn't intended on my actual name being my forum handle (for privacy reasons)...but, well, so it goes.

we promise not to tell anyone. Wink

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Todd. Where abouts in New Jersey are you from? I am down south a little outside of Atlantic City.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Todd Wave

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Todd Miller
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

West Orange is one of the NJ "commuter town" suburbs to the west of Newark (Orange, South Orange, West Orange...there's no North Orange, that would be ridiculous).

Quite a few of the people who live here commute to Manhattan for work.

Posts: 8 | Location: West Orange, NJ | Registered: November 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk, Todd Wave

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of monkeymcgee
posted Hide Post
My name is Andrew, but you may know me by this username on some other forums.

I enjoy discussions about sketch cards and related products, artists, commissions, etc.

Posts: 2 | Location: VA | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeymcgee:
My name is Andrew, but you may know me by this username on some other forums.

I enjoy discussions about sketch cards and related products, artists, commissions, etc.

Welcome Andrew! Glad to have you!

posted Hide Post
My names Dave. I'm from Boston Mass. I'm 57 years old. Married to a great wife who still puts up with me after 25 years of marriage. No kids. I just came in from the dark side of card collecting (sports cards). Please don't hold that against me. I've been collecting sports cards since 1990 or so. I started building sets around 1995 from the 1967 baseball and baseball sets from 1975 thru 1995. Topps sets only. I also have a player collection of anyone from any sport modern or vintage with the same last name or same first name as me(Hogan). I don't follow sports either. Yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts for it. I needed a hobby. I work for a pharmaceutical company in Cambridge Mass. I have a few vintage non-sports cards as part of my player collection. The oldest is a jockey card from the 1887 Buchner set. It's a card of Martin Hogan.

I know about the Non-sports Update magazine. And I lurk on the Net54 non-sports forum. I bought my first non-sports box of cards a few months ago. It was the 1st series of the 2014-2015 Chronicals of the Three Stooges. The cards are great quality. I just received a box today of the 2nd series. They are even better than the 1st series, with the reproduction of the 1963 Fleer Three Stooges cards. Hopefully I can trade with people for those cards I don't have. I don't care for modern cards. I don't understand why adults watch cartoons on the tv these's days. Too each their own.

I'm interested in military aircraft cards, pre 1960. I don't have many right now. And I don't know much about the sets that are out there. If anyone knows of any books or other magazines about military aircraft trading cards. Please let me know about where to find them. Thank in advance. I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about everyones collections. Thanks, Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bunkie,

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Dave!

Unfortunately there weren't any "Crocodile Dundee" card sets (since those starred Paul Hogan), but boy howdy, there are plenty of Hulk Hogan wrestling cards if you want to add to your namesake collection.

I don't know much about Military Aircraft (or cards based on them), but there were a lot of cards made in the early 1990's around the time of Desert Storm and there was a very well made World War II card set from the mid 1990's made by "CARDZ". Although it's a modern set, the subjects depicted are all vintage, naturally, so that may be of interest to you, and on the upside, it's a lot more affordable than vintage sets or singles.

There were also some mini-sets of nothing but aircraft (jets and the like) made by Top Air, and those are also worth a look. Some of these modern cards are pretty nice and loaded with good nostalgia. I especially like the Panini Golden Age cards. Google up some of those and take a look, and you might like them. They are really nicely designed. A set called Allen & Ginter also has some great cards of military heroes from the past if those might be of interest to you.

The new Three Stooges cards are fantastic, and if you want to add to those, there were some nice previous sets from the 80's (made by FTCC), the 90's (made by DuoCards/Comic Images) and the 2000's (made by Breygent).

Best wishes!
Rudy

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rudy, thank you for the welcome and information. I'll be sure to check those out.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Josh, Todd, and Dave.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post