Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Trading Cards - a diminishing customer base ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trading Cards - a diminishing customer base ?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Is it bad that I'm on the hunt for Six Feet Under cards now!? lol.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
i have loads of them lol

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:

You are welcome to whatever I have.

Send me email.

Posts: 796 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:

That was one of the first sets I started to collect when I started collecting in 2007. Still have the big two auto and the expansion autos to collection. I don't have any extra auto but I have a full base set, and some inserts.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Seems the base sets have become almost surplus to the sets as of 2018? Fairly easy to acquire but as 'standard' as the packaging for packs or sealed boxes, just 'there' but no one seems to pay much attention?

What do you think manufacturers could do to re-ignite interest in base sets?

Or alternatively do you think some manufacturers should experiment with base-less sets with more hits? Just theroising.

I'm a fan of base sets and think they're underrated and used to have a predominantly base set centred collection. It's at the core of trading I think.

I guess since people can buy who sets online these days there's faster instant gratification than collecting card by card in trades.

Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post