Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Married or single?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prezkot:
I ain't badlookin like BCW ( Wink) but my S.A.D. screws my perception of life up... maybe that's why I'm here!

BCW, at first, the way your post was set up, I thought you and Sarah was gonna date! Razz Her husband wouldn't like that...

I don't know - if I can't get any respect from my peers, who am I gonna get it from?

And I'm sure if Sarah passes by this way, she'll have something to say too! Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Single with two cats (who are forbidden to be around my cards when I'm sorting them - talk about a mess!).

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
I'm semi-married (commonlaw) with Shorty, and together we have a pair of kids.

Our deal, however old fashioned, is that I make the cash and she raises the kids (her idea...she got the harder "job" to be sure). She never cares about my spending habbits, nor do I care about hers. As long as the bills are paid, we get to play Big Grin

She's always thought I was a bit odd when it came to my card collecting passion (although she's never really said anything). She just laughs because many times I know the people in the respective cards...

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I am married, my wife's name is Denise. We have one cat, named Scully, who I love like he's my son. He is our pride and joy. We aren't as free to play as Paul, as I am in graduate school for education and she is a retail manager, but we scrape by. My cards drive her crazy, except for the X-Files -- as you can see by the name she gave our cat, she's a fan of the show.

(Hey, my 100th post.)

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andro
posted Hide Post
Single white male, still in twenties (just!), looking for a miraculous young lady with lovely heart to help him give up his card addiction Cool (think this is the wrong messageboard maybe?) Smile

Seriously though I think the fact I'm still single is a major fact in me still keeping this hobby/life Smile

As I look down my pockets are smiling at me after that comment. I look up and the world wants me to buy/trade another card! Big Grin

Well I guess it's a clean hobby I suppose Smile cleans me out anyway, hehe.

Cheers,
Andy.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins - Lord Of The Rings

Posts: 252 | Location: Peterborough, UK | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prezcot said: We aren't going to set up an online Card-Dating Service are we??

The ladies of Warp 9 are looking to fill a few positions here...

We are looking for a real "Brock" (Brock is our imaginary manservant who gives great massages and refills drinks).

Also looking for a real "Dexter"; a much loved computer geek who will keep me from taking a sledgehammer to my beloved laptop on bad days.

Applications?

T. Wink

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also looking for a real "Dexter"; a much loved computer geek who will keep me from taking a sledgehammer to my beloved laptop on bad days.

Applications? --- Tamara
Wavey

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tamara:
We are looking for a real "Brock" (Brock is our imaginary manservant who gives great massages and refills drinks).

I'll be sure to apply the next time I'm on the island -- I'm sure my better half won't mind Big Grin

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Prezcot said: We aren't going to set up an online Card-Dating Service are we??

Applications?

T. Wink

Tamara....

I have a couple friends on Calgary and Vancouver if the commute isnt too bad!

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Disclaimer: I am no longer the Guest Mod, I can now make trouble like the rest of you!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
My wife said I'm not allowed to participate in online dating. Big Grin

Clark: "Chloe, don't you ever knock?"
Chloe: "It's a barn, Clark."
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
As I slowly get more entrenched in the Card Talk world I find myself revealing more then I would have thought. Anyway, I've been married for just over a year, anniversary last month. My wife Heather knew going in what kind of person I was(i.e. crazy maniacal collector of anything and everything that caught my fancy), but she married me anyway and I am forever greatful that I found a person who accepts me and what some of my other family members call my sickness. Besides having my first wedding anniversary last month on Father's Day no less, I discovered Card Talk as well. So you could say that June was one heck of a month for me and my family. Anyway, enough blabbing.

"Always do right! This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."Mark Twain

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
I am single. And I blame my brother. (Smile Good naturedly of course) He keeps scaring every guy off.

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
K....I've got you all marked down.

Now, do any of you have carpentery skills (I'm renovating a bathroom - last room left to do)?

Bartending skills? Do you know how to make a "parfait d'amour?"?

The toughest part will be getting past Crystal and Bonnie's Daddies! My Daddy (a former RCMP) has long since dealt with the fact that I am beyond control. Although both Crystal and Bonnie think that passing a boyfriend in front of me will be much harder than passing the "daddy inpection" LOL.

T. Eek

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
"parfait d'amour"

For some reason, I don't think that means the same thing out here that it does on the island *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
Paul darling you have a dirty mind...,I like that in a man!

It's that very hard to make shooter with about 25 layers...gawd...I can't even remember how many layers but something like that. A bartender can correct me on that. I can tell you for sure what is in a Channel 69 though!

T.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paul darling you have a dirty mind...,I like that in a man!

It's that very hard to make shooter with about 25 layers...gawd...I can't even remember how many layers but something like that. A bartender can correct me on that. I can tell you for sure what is in a Channel 69 though!

My mind is quite clean, thank you very much... I wash out the perverse thoughts regularly *LOL*

That certainly sounds like a great drink! I'll have to find out how to make one. I'd thoroughly love a drink with 25 layers of JD, Appleton's rum, and more JD.

Regards,

Paul Russell

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Where were all you good looking, single men when I was young and dating?? hahhaha.

I am married, and we too believed in one parent staying home, one working, so my husband quit his job and stayed home. I pay the bills so I can't get any lip about my extra spending. Our kids are now teenagers, my husband has his own business and we spend lots of money. I live day by day, I don't care about saving money for the future because only the good die young!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
I am married, and we too believed in one parent staying home, one working, so my husband quit his job and stayed home.

My better half and I think the same way. Since I work from home, we're both technically here (we rent a few apartments). She loves what she does and gets paid more than I do *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
Yes, married on the 11th June 1994, so will celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. Similarly, will celebrate the arrival of our first child in April this year. My wife struggles to get the idea of collecting cards and seeing her business is accounts, she wants to see a breakdown of costs and values of the cards on a spreadsheet each and every time I spend anything. Usually I break even and she is happy. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________
2004: Baby Arrival Time Smile
Stitch: Right From The Heart Baby

Posts: 233 | Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scouse691
posted Hide Post
Married 3 times !!!

The next best thing to opening a pack of cards is to enjoy a nice wedding cake. Big Grin

Posts: 176 | Location: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: November 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post