Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Married or single?
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted
I know we did a Who am I thread and I don't want to recreate that spceific thread, but I got the most interesting email from a collector who expressed surprise that a I, a *mega-collector* would be married..that if he ever got married, he would have to stop. This idea fascinated me, since James (my husband) is very supportive of my collectiong (as I am his stamp collection).
Sooo..are you married or single and if married, how does your other half feel about it...

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
N'est pas l'amour grandiose quand celui a un intérêt commun dans les cartes de non-sports?

[Isn't love grand when one has a common interest in non-sports cards?] wink

ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
je suis totalement d'accord avec toi !
[i definitely agree with you on this]
Au revoir

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nobby.c
posted Hide Post
God forbid your love doesnt last forever but if you were to not see eachother any more would there be a custody battle for the cards?
wink:)

nobby.c

Posts: 114 | Location: UK | Registered: August 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Well if "l'amour" turns into something else (not so cozy), one could always rent one of those monthly storage facilities and set up a Non-Sports card Shrine with joint custody and joint visitation rights. [LOL] wink

ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have been married 9 years. My wife is supportive because of all the attention she gets! Our card shop is a sports card shop primarily. When I come in to the shop everyone says, "hey, Barrett, how you doing?" My wife, everyone screams, "Lucky charm!" She has the best luck with insert cards in sports cards(Which I do not collect). Last week she was 15 for 15(an insert in every pack-including two pieceworks and a pieceworks auto) when picking packs for our frineds to buy in the shop.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
The Force is Strong Within This One wink

Hold on tightly to this one and never let go. wink

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I'm engaged (getting married the end of October), and my fiance is pretty supportive of my collecting. She gets interested in the cards that she likes the topic of (LOTR, Star Wars, Witchblade), and she feigns interest when I get excited over a rare chase card. She still laughs and calls me a "geek" sometimes, but she does needlework so I get to call her an "old spinster" sometimes. We both have fun with it.

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Master
posted Hide Post
Married to Kristy. And it's a good thing I don't collect cards as well or we'd be in the poorhouse! big grin

The Master

There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't.

Posts: 19 | Location: Modesto CA USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Yes , I am married to michael "ManInTheIronLung"
Been married for 3 1/2 years. Both of us love to shop and collect together. Our first married collection are Disney Pins another $ sucking activity that can also take up alot of vacation time in WDW. This is our first year to card collect together. Im not so much into the sports cards as the non-sports cards. For a little while we started to get into gaming cards. But that seemed to fizzle out. LOTR really got me into card collecting. I am also seeing some other opportunities . card collecting is giving us something to focus on besides those kids. Oh how we love them. I just like going out to dinner and having something besides those adorable kids to talk about. Cards collecting helps.!!

wink

Act your way into right thinking or was it think you way into right action.-unknown "BE GOOD"
Charstar* Go for what you know!!!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ManInTheIronLung
posted Hide Post
Yes..............To who you may ask? Yes you can ask. You still ask who? Yes I am married to a who that is also called a her and my lovely wife who helps me spend all(what little there is) of the money on our fun hobbys. wink razz wink
I am married to Charstar a star that shines like a Char or a Char that shines like a star. You pick. smile We have three children(Moe, Larry, and Curly) Ben, Ana, and baby Emily. smile They relly keep us busy cause of sports, dance, don't touch that, it's your turn to change her, and all the other stuff that families are made of. I love them all. smile cool smile razz

"I would rather slit my wrists with a rusty spoon and do push-ups in salt water."

ManInTheIronLung

Posts: 272 | Location: North Pole | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I actually started reading comic books while my husband and I were dating. Since then I have added collecting cards. My husband is just kinda puzzled about my interest but listens fairly well when I discuss card stuff with me (I of course return the favor when he's going on about car stuff). I like to think he'd bring me home packs if there was somewhere he could find them in town. He has been good about getting me comics - he and his parents picked up some Wolvie back issues for me when they were on holiday once. So yeah to a supportive, if puzzled, husband wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quickbeam
posted Hide Post
Married:

Luckily my wife also has the collecting bug and there are lots of great sets that she is interested in. We're both sci fi fans so lots of fun ripping open packs and sniping on eBay!

Quickbeam

Posts: 307 | Location: Jacksonville Florida USA | Registered: June 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Married Cool

It helps that both of us are eclectic collectors of many things but in books and cards our interests overlap ( She's the Star Trek, Simpsons and Babylon 5 completist and I'm the LOTR, Doctor Who, Stargate and others ) but CSI might be a sticky point as both of us want those cards Roll Eyes

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Married (one daughter, so far). My wife supports my obsessive collecting. I reciprocate by supporting her own obsessions: e.g., home decor/cooking books and magazines.

Plus, she likes to help me bust packs, and it's very cute how excited she gets when she pulls an auto!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bladecmc
posted Hide Post
Married Smile

I was collecting cards before I met my wife and at the start she wasn't too sure what to make of it.. Roll Eyes

After a year of so though she began to come around and she is great when it comes time to shell out a few pounds on the rare cards for the new sets.

I've bought her a few Disney sets which she really likes but she is collecting Bad Taste Bears at the moment and I think there is enough there to keep her going for a good few years Razz

She does get a big kick out of opening packs !! Eek and she actually pulled all 3 of my autos from Lord of the Rings Boxes Thumb Up

Now with our first child due in a few months the number of sets I collect in the year will have to be reduced Frown but on the whole I wouldn't change it for the world Dance

www.bladecmc.net

Posts: 122 | Location: Ireland | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vincent
posted Hide Post
Cards do not seem to be a big factor with the girls I date. They view it as something I like to do, like basketball. Then again, I am only 18 and have never been married or lived with a girlfriend. Most seem supportive, even if they themselves are not interested in the hobby. Phew Smile

http://www.geocities.com/kataztrophik/

Posts: 173 | Location: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: July 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I am very single. Been single for a while, so I don't have any stories of a supportive/non-supportive sig. other. Oh well, it'll be just me and my dog and my cards... LOL Big Grin

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
I too am single. It's just me and my cards at the moment. However, if there's anyone out there lookin' for card-sharing love, xSaBx should be posting an image of me at some point Big Grin Although you'll probably want to stay away from the ugly git once you see it Frown

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
hahahahahaha

Well, of the all so many 3 girls I've dated, none lasted to the point to talk about hobbies Roll Eyes

I ain't badlookin like BCW ( Wink) but my S.A.D. screws my perception of life up... maybe that's why I'm here!

BCW, at first, the way your post was set up, I thought you and Sarah was gonna date! Razz Her husband wouldn't like that...

We aren't going to set up an online Card-Dating Service are we?? Eek

"Hey! No one ruins our family vacations except me!... and maybe the boy!"- Homer Simpson

http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post