https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/360604266

March 16, 2008, 01:21 PM
Jack London
Married or single?
Congratulations and many happy years together! Dance

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau
August 08, 2008, 09:55 PM
riddickfan
Single.....just me and a few pets.They don't mind my collecting cards Big Grin ,but I do mind them collecting small vermin. Razz
I'm glad to see that spouses help nurcher each others hobbies. Clap

August 24, 2008, 01:23 AM
MarcG
Married here.... five years and counting.

Before I was married, I collected a lot more than I do now.

With a house and all the bills and everything else that goes along with a home, I had to reduce my collection a bit.

But I am still involved with collecting and always will be, it is something that takes me away from the "real world" and I enjoy it greatly.

October 04, 2008, 09:40 PM
Cecil
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
I just got engaged on Jan. 4th for an Oct. 11th wedding. My fiance is not a collector at all but she is one for believing in giving each other "space". My main hobby these days is doing audio and video of bands that allow it. She has never got in the way of that so HOPEFULLY she won't freak too badly about the collecting. Hmmm....maybe I should work that into the vows????
Twak

Cecil

Well, the countdown can officially start- 7 days from now I will be married!! I too have an assigned room for my collectibles. We were discussing buying a house in the near future and I told her that the only requirement for me was that the house had a basement so my band could have a practice space. She said the band can practice there but I wouldn't "junk" it up. Hmmm, wonder if she thinks I want to move the "collectibles" to the basement??? Luv You Regardless, she is STILL the one for me!! I can't wait till next Saturday @ 7:30 PM. Then it's off to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for 8 days.....wonder if there are any card shops there?? Dance
October 05, 2008, 04:04 AM
justm
Congratulations Cecil!

Wishing you a fantastic day & a wonderful married life with an understanding wife.
Thumb Up

October 05, 2008, 04:09 AM
Cecil
Thanks!!
October 05, 2008, 06:54 PM
tangent
Hey Cecil. Congratulations Clap Easy solution, get her addicted to cards as well. Then you can take over the whole house!
October 05, 2008, 11:24 PM
Cecil
Thanks Jen! Hey, I think you have a great plan!! I'll let you know how it turns out!! Wink
October 06, 2008, 11:24 PM
miket999
Congratulations Cecil, I did not realize that was happening this soon!

I've been married 25 years now. Hope it works as well for you.

Mike.
October 07, 2008, 06:19 AM
Cecil
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Congratulations Cecil, I did not realize that was happening this soon!

I've been married 25 years now. Hope it works as well for you.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, only 5 more days! Congratulations on your 25 years also.

Cecil
October 07, 2008, 09:18 PM
anjee
congrats cecil! good luck and may you have tons of years of happiness (and collecting). Big Grin
October 07, 2008, 10:08 PM
Cecil
Thanks Anjee!!
October 09, 2008, 11:53 PM
promoking
Cecil...... Cecil>>>>>>>> WHAT are you doing???????????
Just kidding. Congrats! Make sure she has a hobby though, otherwise she'll want to know how much you spend on your cards. Thumb Up

October 10, 2008, 06:17 AM
Cecil
Thanks. Yeah, she has a hobby- scrap booking. That is an expensive hobby in itself, so I shouldn't have to worry too much.
November 24, 2010, 07:46 PM
<<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
I am single, but looking for a woman with cash who loves card collecting like I do. Smile
April 05, 2011, 08:23 PM
Freddy
Wow an old post.
I'm married {11 years}.
Been a sci fi geek all my life.
I was a big toy collector too when I was a single guy {yes, I still have my collection of toys. Late 80s to late 90s}.
My wife and I are members of the RI Science Fiction Club, but she isn't a huge SciFi fan.
As for my trading card collecting...as long as I keep it realistic, she's okay with it.
Hey, it doesn't take up 1% of my toy collection.

April 05, 2011, 09:28 PM
Miss Lizzy
Neither. Razz Not single, but also not married.
I've been with my boyfriend for 11 years now Big Grin , so we basically have a domestic partnership (or common law marriage - whatever you want to call it), but we never walked down the aisle.

April 06, 2011, 02:44 PM
justm
Still married since my last post in this thread. My daughter is now 7 & my son is 4. Time flies !

April 06, 2011, 02:57 PM
Will
I've been married for 7 years next month. My wife tolerates my card habit, but only just barely...
April 06, 2011, 03:31 PM
Jason Wright
Been married 11 years and my wife only just toleratels my card collecting and dealing activities. She's hoping that as I wind down my dealing and go into manufacturing them that there'll be a lot less cards around in my office, shall I tell her now or wait.........?