Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, the idea of a katie cook rendition of Rorschach is sorta disturbing on some level lol. BUT, they look cool as hell, grats! you gonna fill out the set with some of the others like the comedian?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I could also have put this in the 'never to part with' thread. I picked this up in trade. It is obviously a great sketch, but the scene was one that I remember from when I first saw Star Wars - where Luke is learning how to use the force.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Love that sketch tangent. Thumb Up

Fantastic colours!

Memorable moment of Luke with the blast shield down on the helmet reaching out with the force.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Had a good mail day today, and it's only 8 am. My single solitary box of Doctor Who Trilogy Monochrome arrived. quickly found the top loader pack and was VERY pleased to find this:

My very first NIK sketch card. Dance

Nick Neocleous and I go waaaaaay back to when we collected comics in the 70's & 80's and were apart of the 'Crackers' group in London.

I am VERY pleased to finally own a Nik sketch card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boldlygone,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
The Bellinger Luke is fantastic (and I'm still wondering, why Han kept the blast-shield-down-helmet on the Falcon... Confused Big Grin).

And the Doctor by NIK is superb! Congrats on getting one of your pals cards! Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great to see you very happy with your sketch.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Got some great additions to my sketch card collection.

The Callisto is my newest card and completes the tritypch and it needed NSU to put the set together. I pack pulled Xena, got Gabby through Secret Santa (thanks once again Elephant ) and got Callisto with Warren's help! I'd commissioned sketches from him and let him know I was a big fan and still hunting a Xena tritypch card. Sometime later he emailed me that he found a Callisto card and we worked out a deal and now Elephant woo hoo set complete.

The Snape card is from Bohemian Weasel (Soni Alcorn-Hender) and is just stunning in person; more of a mini-painting than a sketch card. Very pleased with it and I just had to support someone interested in mustelids Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Love the Snape card. Soni does some amazing work.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here is an incredible Spider-Man submission sketch done by Sean Pence for the Spidey 3 set, just awesome!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
That Spence spidey is brilliant - I love the angle. Also, combicbookfan, congratulations on finishing a long searched for triptych.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some Cracking Sketches there Smile
Loves that Skywalker one Tangent Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prospect5k:
Love the Snape card. Soni does some amazing work.
Agreed! Luv You Love Soni's stuff.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Batman: great Spider-Man. Big Grin I still can't believe Sean's samples weren't accepted. Shake Head

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
I just bought these about half an hour ago and cant wait for them to arrive .

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
magnificent dr. Who sketch. Really nice double sketch.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

You should get them well before the post strike kicks in. Looking at the cards it's great that you got both. I you had only got the Jon Pertwee the effect would have been completely lost. It would have looked like the Happy Eater logo (remember them?).

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches indeed. An iconic image from The Three Doctors! Clap

It's a shame really to have to split them up even to put them into hard loaders!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
On the subject of double Who cards, a recent acquisition:

Nik, once again you have excelled yourself!!! Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Excellent double Who sketch Dalekfan. Nik does do awesome work.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Drool

A belgian hiphop group