Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
2 sketches of characters played by
Chloe Grace Moretz
Hit-Girl from Kick-*** Trev Murphy AR
and from my favorite card artist
Abby from Let Me In psc by David Desbois

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Abby is insanely good...one of David's best efforts. Here are two new APs by Rhiannon Owens

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
My newest 2 from Andy Fry:

Metal

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10445 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I have deleted a couple of posts from this thread - one because it was not relevant to the subject and had been posted in a number of other threads, another because it commented on the now deleted post (sorry Ted!)

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
I don't have many sketch cards, but here's what good ones I have:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Packrat,

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
That Siplon is fantastic Thumb Up

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
A major surprise from my sugarbear, the awesome Kate Bradley!

How cool is my Wampa!!! Smile Clap Luv You

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
VERY cool

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I still weep at these getting lost in the post Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
someones going to have to showme how to download images so i can show off my fav katie cooks Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
So, what are Artist Proofs and how does one acquire one? I see them around the Sketch Collector galleries and assume it's those with a lot of money to throw around, or who know the artist personally Confused

I now have three favourite sketch cards, is that allowed? I'll post my new one when I go and pick it up this afternoon Big Grin

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, what are Artist Proofs and how does one acquire one? I see them around the Sketch Collector galleries and assume it's those with a lot of money to throw around, or who know the artist personally

Artists are paid relatively small $ per card by the manufacturers. However, they are additionally given some blanks. Usually the artist publicises that they have some number of blanks available at certain prices (PM me for detail if you can't find by googling) and the buyer can request whatever character/layout they want except that the final cards must be cleared by the license holder, so restrictions would generally be no nudity, smoking etc and may restrict to certain characters.

The blanks are provided uncut and most buyers leave them that way (which is why APs are bigger than standard) so the artist can do more detail. Artists also tend to do their best work on the blanks.

It's one way to encourage artists to do good work for low pay on the inserted cards - I have only bought a few APs but I only buy where I already like their work.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
So, what are Artist Proofs and how does one acquire one? I see them around the Sketch Collector galleries and assume it's those with a lot of money to throw around, or who know the artist personally Confused

Actually, it can be more cost effective to buy an artist proof from an artist than buying a pack inserted sketch from the secondary market, and most often you can ask for exactly what you want on the card as far as subject matter. Most artists who work on sets offer some of their proofs for sale. It does help to have an established relationship with an artist you like, but I think you will find most artists very accommodating. You can also get PSC's from most artists for much less than artist proofs.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never posted these, but I have had them for a while.

Katie Cook artist return:

Russell Walks artist return:

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Oh that's nice, the Arwen one Thumb Up

Thanks tangent and Batman Smile

And, my latest one arrived yesterday. It reminded me of my username so I wanted it, plus it looked pretty Big Grin

I don't know if it's an actual character but it's by Tony Perna and from the Treasure Chests & Booty set.
That makes three favourites, now.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
This was in the mail today:

5x7 Hit-Girl AR commission by Trev Murphy

Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
lizzy,fantastic Wink
are you collecting hit girl sketches ? i am as well and i have 2 trev murphy Thumb Up

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glim:
I never posted these, but I have had them for a while.

Katie Cook artist return:

Russell Walks artist return:

how attached are you to the katie cook glim ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
So, what are Artist Proofs and how does one acquire one? I see them around the Sketch Collector galleries and assume it's those with a lot of money to throw around, or who know the artist personally

Artists are paid relatively small $ per card by the manufacturers. However, they are additionally given some blanks. Usually the artist publicises that they have some number of blanks available at certain prices (PM me for detail if you can't find by googling) and the buyer can request whatever character/layout they want except that the final cards must be cleared by the license holder, so restrictions would generally be no nudity, smoking etc and may restrict to certain characters.

The blanks are provided uncut and most buyers leave them that way (which is why APs are bigger than standard) so the artist can do more detail. Artists also tend to do their best work on the blanks.

It's one way to encourage artists to do good work for low pay on the inserted cards - I have only bought a few APs but I only buy where I already like their work.

i didn t know this and i own a couple,the katie cooks i have i was lucky because they went on ebay,others she sells personally and if like me you have email issues your stuffed,i went to her site one day and there were her 3 gorgeous female persuasion ap cards all with that red block stamped SOLD notice,i didn t even get a sniff Frown