Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bealay:
A couple more... any help on the artist on the second card?

Loving this... Luv You

Pretty sure that Black Cat is Chris Peterson

Posts: 2 | Location: El Paso TX USA | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw this when the artist posted them and wanted it then. Had a huge opportunity to pick it up this past month. I have a lot of favorites, but this one really got me.

Posts: 2 | Location: El Paso TX USA | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Here's my first Dexter sketch Clap It's from Brian Kong and is from the 2009 SDCC set.

nice one!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here a my 2 latest favourite sketch cards

from a happy millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Here's my first Dexter sketch Clap It's from Brian Kong and is from the 2009 SDCC set.

nice one!
Thanks Jane Thumb Up I had to have that one when I saw it.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I just received this from eBay - and it's probably the only way I could afford to get a Nar! sketch! (It was cheap, which is why I could afford to get it!)

It's numbered on the back 296/404.

Actually, this is the first Inkworks sketch card I've owned and I like the brief artist biography on the back - was this something Inkworks did with all their sketch cards, or was it unique to Robots?
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's numbered on the back 296/404.

Actually, this is the first Inkworks sketch card I've owned and I like the brief artist biography on the back - was this something Inkworks did with all their sketch cards, or was it unique to Robots?

This is how Inkworks normally made their sketch cards, the only exception being Aliens VS Predator: Requiem as far as I can recall.

I really like that format and wish more manufacturers would use the idea so identifying artists wouldn't be so difficult.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I saw them but I think The Spirit sketch cards all had a generic back rather than artists bios. But they may have had different numbers on the backs for each artist. I think mine were all 'SK10'.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Nik's right, it was Spirit, not AVP:R, that didn't have artist bios on them.

But each artist did have an different numbered card stock.

oops... Roll Eyes

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
I've just Recieved My Indiana Jones Returns today that I ordered from Tom Hodges,The commisioned Panels are stunning! I think I have some new favourite cards...

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
here is my latest sketch card from x-men archives

a very happy millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a scan of an artist proof i am getting from NIK

http://i147.photobucket.com/al...lockeArtisrProof.jpg

a very happy millhouse

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My Star Wars Galaxy artist return card from my good friend Kate, it's incredible!! Thanks, Sugar!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
New favorite

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
New favorite
Absolutely stunning Eek Have you a link to the artist?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
My Star Wars Galaxy artist return card from my good friend Kate, it's incredible!! Thanks, Sugar!!

That's great!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

that is sooo cool!

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmc913:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

that is sooo cool!

Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I went to my local comic shop this morning and along with buying some comics I picked up three packs of X-Men Archives. I got this wonderful sketch of Emma Frost by Daniel Bradao. Clap

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post