Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
quote:
Great sketches MvG... congratulations! Wishing them a safe journey all the way over there to you!

Thanks Redemption. I see your sketch collection of the Spirit is coming together quite nicely Big Grin Now is a good time to buy Spirit sketches. There also will be some SP sketches ending soon on the bay Wink But you already know that I am sure...

That are some great sketches. The SP ones are great as always. I also like the top two. Who is the artist?

The top two are Benjamin Glendenning... he's a tough buy as there's one buyer that reeeeeeeally loves his work. lol

I noticed those SP's, but I'm not in love with them so I'll probably pass. The one I really wanted I lost my bid on a few days ago. But the next day I won what is probably one of my fav sketches so far and it wasn't an SP. Wink And I did receive another SP in the mail today. Big Grin

Are you getting any SPs from the Dexter set?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wanted to show a couple of my newest favorite pieces in my collection! Big Grin

Hanie Mohd

Jeremy Treece

Initially for this one, I only asked for the 9-card set. Jeremy went above and beyond piecing them together into a layout perfect for framing, and with a piece above the cards that tied the whole thing together. Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
That Treece is AWESOME Ariana! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you getting any SPs from the Dexter set?

Yes I am. Since I am after a master set I need the 6 case incentive which is a Sean Pence sketch. It are the only sketches of SP available for the set because there are no pack inserted SP sketches.

I like the Dexter SP sketches except I think this time it are really more sketches than the masterpieces he normally makes. SP must have had very little time to make them. Don't get me wrong I am blown of my feet by the artwork of SP and a great fan but the Dexter sketches just don't do it for me. On other point is that I find it too bad there are only sketches of Dexter and not some of the other characters (can you say Julie Benz!!!! or Jennifer Carpenter!!!!)

I hope he will have some artist return sketches that are in color. Otherwise I have to put in some commissions Big Grin

To be completely clear before any one gets the wrong impression: I think SP is one of the best artist out there!!!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't get me wrong I am blown of my feet by the artwork of SP and a great fan but the Dexter sketches just don't do it for me.

At the risk of getting ***** slapped again for giving my opinion... I have to agree with you. I actually like those Jason Carrier caricatures much more. Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great sketches Ariana Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I just get mine from Luis Diaz - Terminator Salvation:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Redemption and spidergoblin! Really excited to be getting these! Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
My new fav Spirit sketch...

The Spirit of the Bartman! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Picture of SeanPatrickPence
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Don't get me wrong I am blown of my feet by the artwork of SP and a great fan but the Dexter sketches just don't do it for me.

At the risk of getting ***** slapped again for giving my opinion... I have to agree with you. I actually like those Jason Carrier caricatures much more. Thumb Up

Hey guys! Smile

I don't normally post unless I have a reason to, but I kinda feel a need to "defend" myself here, Granted, I believe there was a compliment to be found somewhere in the post from MvG, but here's the deal (and hopefully Tom won't mind my sharing this with y'all). Wink

I was waiting for *someone* to question my DEXTER sketches, so it really comes as no surprise. However, I was, in fact, one of the first sketch artists involved with this set. Tom and myself went through *ALOT* of drama early on and the images you see in my sketches were the *only* ones that were approved (mind you, through a VERY rigorous approval process) and *only* of DEXTER himself; no other characters. It ended up being a rushed situation (at *that* time); my cards were finished and shipped waaay back in February. Done deal.

(I might add that only having *two* approved images, I had to squeeze out 50 completely different cards which is not an easy task. NO card is a duplicate, but rather rotated, flipped, alternate backgrounds, with and without blood splatters. Pretty challenging to do that with only two references to work with).

Since February, release dates started to change & the approval process finally started to "lighten up" a bit and Tom was able to add more artists and get much easier approvals, whereas, my contribution was done months prior. Having said that, there are ALOT of awesome cards on this set to be had - everyone did a really phenomenal job! All I can really say on my own behalf is "sorry" to you guys that don't dig 'em. Frown

Posts: 51 | Location: The Uncharted Territories | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeanPatrickPence:
(I might add that only having *two* approved images, I had to squeeze out 50 completely different cards which is not an easy task. NO card is a duplicate, but rather rotated, flipped, alternate backgrounds, with and without blood splatters. Pretty challenging to do that with only two references to work with).

Not that they were bad, as I don't think I've ever seen a bad sketch from you. Winkbut what a shame you didn't get the chance this time to really show your stuff. It really sucks for everyone having you of all artists constrained like that. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeanPatrickPence:
All I can really say on my own behalf is "sorry" to you guys that don't dig 'em. Frown

I totally dig my Dexter sketch Smile Thank you Mr. Pence!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey guys!

I don't normally post unless I have a reason to, but I kinda feel a need to "defend" myself here, Granted, I believe there was a compliment to be found somewhere in the post from MvG, but here's the deal (and hopefully Tom won't mind my sharing this with y'all).

Hey Sean! Smile

I think it’s great having you here talking about your Dexter sketches. I agree totally with Redemption that it is a shame you had such a short frame to complete your cards and having only two approved images to work with! Frown

The point is just that you set such high standards for your work that, like I said before, every sketch is just a masterpiece. And when due to time constraints you have to ‘rush’ your work you can see the difference. But even then your sketches are still beautiful, only less detailed. Since I am a great fan of Dexter I was hoping for those wonderful detailed sketches hence my reaction earlier.

To be honest you did what you were asked to do and that is make sketches but because of my (too) high expectations I wanted even more. Reading your post under what circumstances you had to work I can now say that was unfair of me and I apologize for that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MvG,

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I know next to nothing about the Spirit, but speaking solely as a Simpsons fan I have to say I love that sketch, Redemption!

As far as the Pence sketches for Dexter go, I rather like them. They're a bit moodier than his usual style. Of course, more characters would have been nice, but on the bright side it might make it easier for someone like me to get a Pence sketch at a reasonable price; people aren't as likely to buy multiple sketches of the same two poses.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Every cloud has a silver lining Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've seen the prices dropping over the last week, which is good for me cause I have my eye on one of themSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
I know next to nothing about the Spirit, but speaking solely as a Simpsons fan I have to say I love that sketch, Redemption!

As far as the Pence sketches for Dexter go, I rather like them. They're a bit moodier than his usual style. Of course, more characters would have been nice, but on the bright side it might make it easier for someone like me to get a Pence sketch at a reasonable price; people aren't as likely to buy multiple sketches of the same two poses.

Thanks... and you're are so correct! I got my Pence BSG Cylon and the Munster sketches cheap because they were repeat sketches and I absolutely love them! Thumb Up

I just wish I could afford at least one of those Star Wars beauties he's put out. Drool

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
New lovelies for my collection...

And this Moreno reminds me a bit of the art from the animated intro to the old Wild Wild West show for some reason.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I got some great commission sketches in various styles of the 4th Doctor.

First up is a preview pencil and finished colour sketch by David Rabbitte.

Two different styles from Doug Riggsby.

And a Family Guy's Peter as the 4th Doctor by Elaine Perna.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
This might very well be my new favorite sketch card, it's certainly in the top 2.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post