Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I got these two APs from Yildiray Cinar on Monday...both are a part of my ever expanding Illyana Rasputina collection

very cool
I love Illyana myself

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
It took a while, but I finally got my prize for winning the 2007 NSU sketch card contest. The price was one color sketch card from artist Jim Kyle. Since he was a little late, he added another color sketch and the Indiana Jones artist return sketch.
Needless to say, it was well worth the wait! Bouncey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
certainly worth the wait Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Wow, the wait certainly seems worth it in the end. Congrats on the nice additions!!! I've met Jim and he seems to be a really cool guy. With him sending you that return card only proves it. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
My newest addition is 16 years old Luv You

The very first pack-inserted Sketch Card by an artist/ creator, from Bone by Jeff Smith. This has been a Holy Grail find for me.

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prenz:
My newest addition is 16 years old Luv You

The very first pack-inserted Sketch Card by an artist/ creator, from Bone by Jeff Smith. This has been a Holy Grail find for me.

I saw that card on ebay.
I can't believe you paid US$375 for it Twak
but whatever...

congrats on your newest addition.

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a worthless comment dude!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prenz,

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have 3 of those sketch cards! They are actually faily common

The book value is US$75
and the last one on ebay sold for US$150

like i said, whatever...

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Please don't make this personal and attack each other here, folks.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Bone sketch is a nice card, although it was a tough pull there were quite a few done (100 I think), so they do pop up from time to time. The last few I've seen sell were sub $200, but I missed this auction somehow.

PaNdeM0niuM -- if you have one your interested in trading drop me a line.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we'd all love to see the scans of your 3 '94 Sketch Cards. You are the Bone Collector Extraordinaire if you have 3 x/100 Sketch Cards. Congrats.

I was unaware of the past lower prices. Let's see how many of these surface in this decade; I'm not counting on more than 3 or 4. Most (i.e. the 5-10 out there) have been sucked up by collectors.

An image of the front and back of one such card seen here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~dma...e/cards-series1.html

I noticed that my eBay find was much more well done than this one, so I nabbed it. Like I said, I'd love to see which you have and how they compare.

Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
congrats prenz!
I always wanted one of those, too!

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Nice sketch Prenz! I always have been a great fan of Jeff Smiths work, got all of his Bone comics! Enjoy the card!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Lovely Bone sketch!!! Great find! I still love that comic.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
If that sold for $375 then I'll be parting with mine if I can find it.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of Katie Cook sketch cards,and currently have 67,I was lucky enough to have 2 (the only 2 sketch cards in the case) in m Indiana Jones Heritage case,any one else out there have any ? and if yes which ones ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I am a huge fan of Katie Cook sketch cards,and currently have 67,I was lucky enough to have 2 (the only 2 sketch cards in the case) in m Indiana Jones Heritage case,any one else out there have any ? and if yes which ones ?

I just checked and was astonished to realize to call 8 cards of Katie Cook my own:
Hiro (Heroes), The One Ring, Frodo, Aragorn, Treebeard, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Shazam and Boba Fett. I won the Shazam and Boba was a commission, the others are all on official card stock.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Juat got a scan of a stick-figure like picture from an up-and-coming artist who may be big some day if the technique improves Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Not a bad effort - the boy could have a future in art!!! Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
looks great Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post