Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Cheers guys! They look good in the scan but its hard to explain just how much better they look in person. Drool

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Hey X,

absolutely delightful mate, very details and extraordinary sketches...

as for your comment about trying to explain what they "actually" look like, mate we understand that when they are in the had they are much better as you can actually see the depth of field, the texture and the realization that the image is only on a trading card size piece of paper.. whenever i see a sketch on scan, i forgot how small and intricate the work had to be to get the finished image... hope that makes sense??? Big Grin

but thanks so much for sharing them, beautiful cards indeed...

Jason

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
These arrived in the post this morning, the Han Solo couldn't be any better! Metal

You've found these on Ebay or did you commissioned these? Those are really impressive.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Hey Jason, I know you all know how detailed they must be up close, its just sometimes I foget the amount of work that goes into them! So I like to stress just how much effort Randy put into them.

Hi Peter, I commissioned Randy to do some aftermarket magic on a sketch card I got from my only Heritage box and a sketch from a ROTS pack. I'd rather cheat the odds and get the exact sketch I want. Big Grin

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Some new additions from Rich Molielli and Jason Sobol, all of these came out great!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Batman - I like the Leia & Jabba. Thumb Up

Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Hey X,

Your selling up that awesome Obi-Wan Kenobi Frown

You making room for something else on its way?

Jason

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Nice cards!! Smokin'

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by itsme:
Hey X,

Jason

Yeah unfortunately - trust me it wasn't an easy decision. But don't worry about ol' Han (that one's going with me to the grave!) Big Grin

Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by itsme:
Hey X,

Jason

Yeah unfortunately - trust me it wasn't an easy decision. But don't worry about ol' Han (that one's going with me to the grave!) Big Grin

Hey X,

Must have been a tuff call to make on letting him go? dont envy that decision... beautiful card it is...

As for the Han, can you let me know where your burial plot will be please ??? Thumb Up

Speak soon

J

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketch cards I got at Celebration Europe:

Randy Martinez was supposed to bring his Boba to CE, but he was stressed and confused (in a really nice way ) and sent him instead home to me. The card arrived 2 days before I flew over to England.
Tom Hodges did the Indy & Boba for me as part of his card blow-out and I picked them up right from him at CE!
Leia was a totally-jet-lagged-3-am-in-the-hotel-room-masterpiece by the fabulous Alison Sohn. She forgot to sign though... a reason for me to return.
More cool Bobas by Joe Corroney and the lovely Cynthia Cummens (I love Cloud City in the corner).
Another Boba by the fantastic Cat Staggs (my first Staggs!!! YAY!!!).
The one by Marc Wolfe was actually his second one... he sold the one to another person thinking it was me... He was so shocked that he immediately threw himself over the card and drew me another one!
And on Sunday I managed to get my last Boba done by the amazing Chris Trevas!
Clap Bouncey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi there soul-on-fire love these sketch cards you got. You seem to have a boba fett fetish

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome Sketches thanks for shareing

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE:
You seem to have a boba fett fetish

millhouse

Really? Does it show? Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Drool

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
here are some of my sketch cards from the wizard of oz series 2 set [IMG] [/IMG]

from millhouse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and some more sketch cards from the wizard of oz series 2 set

top left and top right are both for trade
[IMG] [/IMG]
thanks millhouse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
updated

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
updated

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I got this fabulous looking Sharpe from the Bohemian Weasel herself Soni Alcorn-Hender. Clap