Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LadyX:
Wow. I did not know that. Here I was thinking that the ones scanned and on the website were all inserted into the packs. To think that I might be chasing something that does not exist makes me Confused is there any way you can give a list of the ones not pack-inserted so that I can scratch them off my list and stop looking for them? Thank you so much Mr. Modlin, you always bring new information to us.

Sorry, but I don't even know for sure if the sketch in question was one that was sent to the artist or pack pulled. We're only talking about a handful of sketches that were sent to the artists, though - I think maybe two per artist. Considering that some sketches are kept for Consumer Relations purposes (e.g. to replace cards that are damaged or boxes that don't contain one), some may be given away (e.g. the contests that we have run on the Inkworks web site), some may have been sent to the studio for their files, etc., there really isn't a good place to draw the line so that you know what might be available for you to purchase in the future because many of those cards do, in fact, end up in the market. However, there is no difference between the pack-pulled sketches and ones that weren't inserted into packs (except, of course, that each one is an individual hand drawn sketch! Smile). All are numbered, all have been approved by the studio and images of all of them appear on the Inkworks web site.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
2 more came in over the weekend. Big Grin

Personal Uko Smith card (apparently his first Star Wars commission):

A Heritage Aftermarket by John McCrea:

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
those are sweeeet sebulba... can't wait to see your next ones Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Smile

Got one more incoming from Eric Hurley, which should be here any day now...then it's back to getting some money, contacting people, and starting the cycle again. Big Grin

Edit:
Just checked Eric's site and see he has a preview image up. Nice!

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Is that on a trading card sebulba??? It's kewl.. i LIKE Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
I think it's "trading card" sized...maybe 5x7...I try to get them similarly sized if the artists don't have cards of their own. But to answer your question, no I don't think he has his own cards at the moment. Eric did David Rabbitte's website design...sort of how I got from point A to point B there.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Thats cool... i like the new additions on your site. I thought i had seen your sketch on Rich's website the other and meant to scheck your site after to see if it was yours. NICE!!

PS: Contact me when you get a chance via email and i'll give you the name of another cool artist who has their on sketch cards to draw on!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Picture of Keith
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of my latest Slave Leias:

Paul Gutierrez

Aimo

Posts: 294 | Location: Oswego, IL | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Keith. It appears the Leia is enjoying her slavery Eek

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Would like to see a sketch of Jennifer Aniston in that get-up from the Friends episode.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I think I saw it posted a long time ago, but can't find it: Is there a listing of sketch card artists who do sketch card commissions? With links to their websites? Would like to get some commissions done for gifts and know that I need to allow time for the artists to work their magic, so hope to get my commissions in early. Any guidance would be appreciated! Big Grin

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
You can email Mike, Card Talk name "Hulk Collector", he has a list of a few hundred artists with emails.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help, goldenavenger! (Wow, that sounded like what a rescued victim would say to a superhero! Big Grin )

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I get that all the time Thumb Up-----------as I fly away.

Don't forget to post pics when you get a commission piece done. Big Grin

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I would really like to commission a portrait sketch of Leia on Hoth from an artist. So far I have found a website for Cynthia Cummens and would like to get opinions from others (more knowledgeable others) on which other artists might do a good job on a Leia Hoth portrait sketch. Might even opt for a color sketch commission. Any other commission artists you guys could recommend I research? Confused

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
I would really like to commission a portrait sketch of Leia on Hoth from an artist. So far I have found a website for Cynthia Cummens and would like to get opinions from others (more knowledgeable others) on which other artists might do a good job on a Leia Hoth portrait sketch. Might even opt for a color sketch commission. Any other commission artists you guys could recommend I research? Confused

I've only got two commissioned cards, one from Cynthia Cummens and one from Randy Martinez, both are excellent but I personally prefer Randy's (no offence if you're out there Cynthia!). Although his can be caricature-esque, the character likeness is spot-on everytime.
Warren Martineck also does some seriously great commissions which are also reasonably priced - or at least they are considering UK conversion rates! Big Grin
And I think John McCrea does commissions but I'm not as familiar with his work unfortunately.

As with any Artist I'd always opt for coloured
commissions, they ARE worth that little bit extra.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
I would really like to commission a portrait sketch of Leia on Hoth from an artist. So far I have found a website for Cynthia Cummens and would like to get opinions from others (more knowledgeable others) on which other artists might do a good job on a Leia Hoth portrait sketch. Might even opt for a color sketch commission. Any other commission artists you guys could recommend I research?

I'd suggest both Cynthia & Cat Staggs for a Leia... They both seem to have photo-realistic sketches.

You might also want to look through the website starwarssketchcards.com & look at what the artists did for both Heritage & Revenge of the Sith. That'll give you a good idea on what artist's style you like. And all those artists are Lucasfilm approved Wink

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks X and Tialessa, I will look at all the artists you both suggested. I hope to get a few different artist commissions. When I decide and order, I will be sure to post the cards when I get 'em! Wave

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Great sketches, Keith! Cool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I get that all the time Thumb Up-----------as I fly away.

Don't forget to post pics when you get a commission piece done. Big Grin

yes,scans are always welcomed Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post