Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
It amazes me that this is a sketch card

David never ceases to amaze.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My first pull from Marvel's Greatest Battles is a good omen for this weekend's show!

Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
What a shock! Batman pulling one of the top sketches Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
][IMG]

Got this Veronica O'Connell Masterpiece from a very good friend - I think it is FANTASTIC

Nice girl.!

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
][IMG]

Got this Veronica O'Connell Masterpiece from a very good friend - I think it is FANTASTIC

its fantastic, did veron O'Connell
know what she was doing ?
and,can I get a Tottenham one Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Having nearly 300 hand picked Katie Cooks make it hard to pick a favourite Smile

posted Hide Post
^ As an Indy sketch nut have to say, love that card Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Birthday present from a VERY good friend - Cheers Mate
[URL=

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is that just one normal size trading card? If so it is amazing. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No - It is 4 cards

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ah yes I can see the join now. It's still amazing. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Hammer that Farscape sketch is magnificent! Eek
I Love it Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
SP 2013, who's that guy? Wink

Hammer, what I really want to know is, where can I get friends like that? Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
How has this thread not been added to in over 2 years?!? Eek I doubt people have stopped collecting sketch cards!

This is now my new favourite. I have wanted a colour Mark McHaley card for years, he is my favourite sketch card artist for sure and to finally get an AP from him is a dream come true.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
And X, I can't think of a better card to kick start the thread again Thumb Up

Did McHaley advertise that he had blank APs for sale or did you approach him with your blank AP?
Sorry if the question doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty new to the world of sketch cards and I'm just getting into them more seriously so I don't know and understand fully the in's and out's of everything yet.

Most of the time I'm too scared to ask for commissions, as most of the time I don't have a specific poses in mind, just that I'd like sketches of certain characters.

How do other people approach the artist's about commissions?
Do you have specific or vague ideas, and how do you get those across to the artist?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
And X, I can't think of a better card to kick start the thread again Thumb Up

Did McHaley advertise that he had blank APs for sale or did you approach him with your blank AP?
Sorry if the question doesn't make much sense, I'm pretty new to the world of sketch cards and I'm just getting into them more seriously so I don't know and understand fully the in's and out's of everything yet.

Most of the time I'm too scared to ask for commissions, as most of the time I don't have a specific poses in mind, just that I'd like sketches of certain characters.

How do other people approach the artist's about commissions?
Do you have specific or vague ideas, and how do you get those across to the artist?

Your best bet is to have a look at the Scoundrel forum. A lot of artists post there and advertise when they have either blank AP's or gaps for commissions. If you join the board then you can contact them direct as well.

Regarding the actual commission I have always found it to be best to be as specific as possible and often include a photo from a trading card to show what I prefer.

Ideally look at examples of the artists work first, there is not much point in asking an artist with a cartoon style to do a photo real likeness.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Nice card, did you get it directly from Mark?

I commissioned a card for my 50th birthday, I'm now 58 and I'm still waiting!!!

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Your best bet is to have a look at the Scoundrel forum. A lot of artists post there and advertise when they have either blank AP's or gaps for commissions. If you join the board then you can contact them direct as well.

I'll check Scoundrel out then thanks Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Regarding the actual commission I have always found it to be best to be as specific as possible and often include a photo from a trading card to show what I prefer.

Ideally look at examples of the artists work first, there is not much point in asking an artist with a cartoon style to do a photo real likeness.

See I think that is a big part of my problem, I'm not the most imaginative person so I don't have specific ideas, just that I'd like certain characters drawn by different artists in there own styles.