Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketch Millhouse Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
I got this card from Jim Cheung at the Boston Comic con this weekend. Very nice guy. I don't usually like to pay big cash for cards at shows, but I was very pleasantly surprised at this card. Great tonal variations.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 55 | Location: NY | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I have a few of my favourite sketches on display.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a really nice way of showing them (and some great sketches as well)

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
That's a cool display. They look like single screw downs, but how are they mounted in the frame?

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:

http://i155.photobucket.com/al...ploads/pictures1.jpg

It's a nice display, but I hope you're keeping them out of any high light sources as the picture shows. Markers are especially vulnerable to light. Art museums won't even let you take flash photography and that's even with oil paintings.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
My picture frame is out of any direct sun light and it has museum quolity glass which is uv protective. The cards are in screw downs and they sit in the matt which is the same thickness as the screw down.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
My picture frame is out of any direct sun light and it has museum quolity glass which is uv protective. The cards are in screw downs and they sit in the matt which is the same thickness as the screw down.

Wow... that must be a thick matt! lol

Was it terribly expensive to frame?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:

Wow... that must be a thick matt! lol

Was it terribly expensive to frame?

It was expensive £120 most of which was the glass £80 but it was worth it to be able to display the cards. The matt's are acid free and the back of the frame is removable so I can change the cards around.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was expensive £120 most of which was the glass £80 but it was worth it to be able to display the cards. The matt's are acid free and the back of the frame is removable so I can change the cards around.

Well, that cost is expected with quality framing. I just wish I had enough quality sketches to have the excuse to spend that much. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
This card arrived this morning. I am hoping to get all the new Star trek crew done.

Spock as playd by Zachery Quinto

The artist is Shane McCormack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Thats a great card Boldlygone...

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beav:
I got this card from Jim Cheung at the Boston Comic con this weekend. Very nice guy. I don't usually like to pay big cash for cards at shows, but I was very pleasantly surprised at this card. Great tonal variations.

Was it pre-drawn or commissioned?
And what is "big bucks" for a PSC? $30+ ??

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My latest Dexter from Pennycanpaint over on Scoundrel:

I love the look of this card, so different from any of my other Dexter's.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
quote:

I brought my own blank cards and after finding out that his 9 x 12 convention art was $225, I asked about a Spidey sketch card and he said $30, and I said yeah. I can only imagine how great the larger size would have looked. When I say big cash, what I mean is in the show venue the quality is usually less than a mail commission, so I am always leary that I won't get what I paid for. Not this time.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My new favorite, pulled this weekend from a box I picked up at Allentown:

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Excellant sketch Jane...one of my fav characters Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Nice Ironfist Jane! Congrats!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beav:

I brought my own blank cards and after finding out that his 9 x 12 convention art was $225, I asked about a Spidey sketch card and he said $30, and I said yeah. I can only imagine how great the larger size would have looked. When I say big cash, what I mean is in the show venue the quality is usually less than a mail commission, so I am always leary that I won't get what I paid for. Not this time.

Yup - I've paid more, and gotten less ... LOL.

The card stock looks great, is that BLP?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post