Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
cool, did you personaly pulled it?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I bought a sealed case and pulled it! I love your work. I have several of your sketches in my collection. Beautiful work!

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I bought a sealed case and pulled it! I love your work. I have several of your sketches in my collection. Beautiful work!

congrats beamer, they are so hard to come by,
a nice one indeedSmile
thx for your kind words Juelle and MvG

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to keep posting Doctor Who sketches, but that's what I'm getting a lot of at the moment!
Here are another two, this time from Ashleigh Popplewell:

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Those are really cool, Paul.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
New fave from David

The Blur

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Another super awesome one from David:

Sheldon/Flash

Luv You

Zoom zoom zoom!!!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Sheldon/Flash

Luv You

Zoom zoom zoom!!!

Elizabeth
this one rocks !!
finally got some free internet in Alaska
so I am able to enjoy this sketch !
was the subject matter your idea ??

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Sheldon/Flash

Luv You

Zoom zoom zoom!!!

Elizabeth
this one rocks !!
finally got some free internet in Alaska
so I am able to enjoy this sketch !
was the subject matter your idea ??

Thanks Chris.
Of course Sheldon was my idea Big Grin

Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I have not posted for months on this page but Here are my new sketch cards!!! Love Them ALLL Smile

David Desbois

Sketchlords - x2 NAR! and 1 Danny Kuang

Marvel AP - Jason Davies, Newton Barbosa, Scott Barnett, Andy Price, Melike Acar, Jim Kyle, Charles Hall, Gooney Toons and 2 Puzzle Chachi & Gabe Hernandez

Treasure Chests and Booty AP - Jennifer Mercer, Veronica O'Connell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ra$,

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Wow, you have some amazing sketches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Wow, you have some amazing sketches.

Thanks...I have more to come soon. ill post them when i have them all in hand!!!

Cheers!

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Is it normal to wait 6 months to received an AP sketch or regular sketch card from commission?

Confused

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Is it normal to wait 6 months to received an AP sketch or regular sketch card from commission?

In my opinion, its not uncommon. The first time I commissioned a sketch artist, I waited just over a year.
It's always best for a buyer and artist to set terms before the sale is finalized. Great threads on Scoundrel Art covering this topic.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:

Confused

Not sure what normal is because there are many factors involved. If the artist is in high demand he/she will have a long list of commission requests. Also the type of sketch and how much work it requires can extend the wait. The artist should give you an idea of the waiting time before accepting any commissions.

Having said that, the ones I've gotten were completed quickly and the longest ones were not out more than a month.

If you have paid upfront an excessive wait is not right in my opinion. If you are paying only at completion, or the artist told you it would take a long time when you ordered, that's a different story and it could be quite awhile.

My understanding of artist proof cards or artist returns is that the sketches are already done, so I don't believe that there is any waiting period required. I could be wrong in my idea of what you are calling AP.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Here's some of my X-23 sketch cards, art, and hand painted stacking dolls.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
very nice !!
and where does one get hand painted stacking dolls
and what are painted on the inner dolls
- very neat collectible by the way Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
This is my favourite sketch card which I have just bought Big Grin

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Portlaw:
This is my favourite sketch card which I have just bought Big Grin

Love it!