Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Graham & Tangent.
I thought Barbara Gordon was Batgirl?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:

Was Batgirl:

Barbara Gordon is paralyzed by The Joker in the graphic novel Batman: The Killing Joke (1988). Editor Kim Yale and comic book author John Ostrander later reinvented Barbara Gordon as Oracle, the premiere information broker of the DC Comics Universe and leader of the Birds of Prey organization. Beginning in 1997, DC Comics began publishing "flashback" stories featuring Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, and those stories still appear (as of September 2008).

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, Graham & Tangent.

She was. She got shot by the Joker in her spine, leading to paralysis (now in wheelchair). She has recreated herself as a geek and central communications for the hero world and also runs a team named Birds of Prey, which includes Huntress and used to include Black Canary. Other sketches may include computers and/or headphone mikes to more clearly illuminate the Oracle role.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Looks like I got beaten to the punch

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the info. Thumb Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
A Patrick Hamill commission I'll be picking up in Birmingham next month. It's the second card in my Dexter collection, In the top corner is Patrick's homage to Lila's painting of Dexter.

I love the colours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Great Sketch AJJ, very nice work Pat

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
What a gorgious card. Patrick just continues to amaze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post

Two great commissions from Tony Perna. Excellent work Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I like the background on the Deadman card. Appropriate for today's holiday!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a scan of my favourite batman sketch cards i got all of them in trades with nsu and scoundrel art forum members

My favourite is the joker by merlo

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Matje
posted Hide Post
I'm selling a lot of my cards, but this one stays with me forever:
Claire by Randy Siplon

Posts: 67 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
That is a nice Claire sketch, nice lines, I love Siplon's work, unfortunately I don't have one of his sketches in my collection as of yet.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Got a Daniel Jackson sketch card so I'd have sketches of all 4 original SG1 team members.

By comicbookfan, shot with HP Scanjet G4010 at 2008-11-16

I like the sketch but it is weird that all my others are pencil and this one has colour. Plus the artist put a sticky label on the back and I hope that won't damage the card over time.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add my first Indiana Heritage sketch.

I also like the back and how the colour has seeped through to produce a negative shadow effect.

Any idea who the artist is for this sketch?

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Found these Sketch cards on Paul Harts Stand at only £5 each:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Forgot to add my first Indiana Heritage sketch.

I also like the back and how the colour has seeped through to produce a negative shadow effect.

Any idea who the artist is for this sketch?

that would be mark probst i believe.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
have to go with a recent pull

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Got these two in a private sale. This is the start of my Inhumans collection.

Gorgon by Ray Dillon

Triton by Daryl Banks.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post