Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
Here's the WORST things I've seen on eBAY - the buyer will not be happy with a stock base card -
http://cgi.ebay.com/WITCHBLADE-comic-series-SKETCH-CARD...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my god, what a scummy dude to pull that scam. Hope his dignity /honor was worth the 20 bucks. he just send him 10 bucks and tell him keep the card, you obviously are a very poor man on every level and you need this few dollars more then i ever will.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
This Yoda sketch is really funny and humorous but the price ain't. It fetched US$87.85 on ebay which ended earlier in the day!!! Eek
I think its Randy Martinez's sketch.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
It is indeed one of Randy's sketches. And its goes to show that there are people out there who do appreciate his work and sense of humour!!

Pretty fun sketch actually!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want them all to be goofy, but I like some funny sketch cards and as was pointed out to some of the nay sayers in the LOTR Evo. thread, if you pull one and hate it, you can always trade or sell it and buy another! What do RM sketches usually fetch? $10 or less a lot of them? I think $80+ is a nice upgrade! Surf

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Here's the WORST things I've seen on eBAY - the buyer will not be happy with a stock base card -

Well the Seller got a Neutral Feedback for his trouble. Big Grin Big Grin

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
The first of this week,I bought a factory sealed Marvel Creators Collection 98 and pulled this really great sketch!

I never saw one before with a good guy and a bad guy on the same sketch.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
thats a killer sketch silverback Thumb Up

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Wow silverback,what luck you have in getting great MCC sketchagraphs Thumb Up

Looks great Drool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome scetch, very clever too

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
quote:

my god, what a scummy dude to pull that scam. Hope his dignity /honor was worth the 20 bucks. he just send him 10 bucks and tell him keep the card, you obviously are a very poor man on every level and you need this few dollars more then i ever will.

Obviously a deliberately deceptive sale, but if you look he does mention "This is not hand draw".
So only the buyer really has themselves to blame.

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
Here is my newest addition to my sketch card collection, courtesy of 'A' secret Santa....

I could have said this without quoting RupT's post but it looks so nice I think it deserves a second appearance! I'd be so chuffed with that one mate, I can't beleive anyone could give that away. Thumb Up

That Warren sure knows how to draw those space ships!

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Nice pull Silverback. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlpn1fan:
What a great pull, now just let me know where you are getting those sealed boxes from?

Bryan

You have to find a small card store in a small town. Then ask what's behind the boxes on the front of the shelves! Wipe 8 years of dust off and agree on a price! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Oh, well if it's that easy then.......... Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
You have to find a small card store in a small town. Then ask what's behind the boxes on the front of the shelves! Wipe 8 years of dust off and agree on a price! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I know I dream of that but have yet to have it happen Razz

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll order the airline tickets to Illinois today...maybe not too cold Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Here's a random/funny story -

I lived in Panama City, FL for 5 years. They only had 1 comic shop which I visited weekly for those 5 years. I knew the owners & their eBAY name.

I moved to Birmingham, AL - and while watching eBAY, saw them selling a Fleer Ultra, & Marvel Legends box - I eMAILed them & asked where they got it -

They said "we've always had it in the back, you just never asked." WOW! grrrrr - - -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
That's even a double-grrrrr! Mad

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Eek Eek Eek I too would have been angry with myself.

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
those are the answers you wished not to get to questions you should of asked sooner Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post