Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Have of you fine people had a sketch commission done by Howard Shum or DAvid Fabbri??

For the later, if so, do you have any scans of the commish you had done and alsoo any contact details....

RE: Hoawrd Shum... do you have scans of the commish he done for you?? (I have his contact details)

Thanx in advance guys!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
Have of you fine people had a sketch commission done by Howard Shum or DAvid Fabbri??

For the later, if so, do you have any scans of the commish you had done and alsoo any contact details....

RE: Hoawrd Shum... do you have scans of the commish he done for you?? (I have his contact details)

Thanx in advance guys!!!

I met HOWARD twice now - once like 10 years ago (when he was inking Aquaman) - and once like 3 years ago, when I gut a small (very small) sketch of his own character Kung-Fu (or something). But the good news is that it was free. No idea what he could do if he tried or was commissioned.

No luck on Fabbri even though I've done a few google searches. He could do GREAT work.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
I just got this Sketch Yesterday.

It's one of the 2 Warren did with the Enterprise firing torpedos. Big Grin

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
It's one of the 2 Warren did with the Enterprise firing torpedos. Big Grin

Very nice! But there has to be more than 2 firing torpedos because you have one, I have one, and there's one that was just listed on ebay with one.

Of course Warren could have made a difference between torpedos and phasers and I just haven't been observant enough...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
check out this page:
http://www.scifihobby.com/products/startrek/artof/martineck-sketches.cfm

Has to be the complete listing of all Martinek cards Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
There all nice. Just think, if you had all 288 pieces at an average auction price of $300.00 ea.

$86,400 Eek

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
Has to be the complete listing of all Martinek cards Smile

It's really close, but Warren mentioned he had to go back & do a few others right before the series was released (and I don't see any new pages up). It's highly likely those weren't able to be scanned because of time restraints.

Of those shown, 7 are firing something and 11 appear to be firing lasers.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlpn1fan:
There all nice. Just think, if you had all 288 pieces at an average auction price of $300.00 ea.

$86,400 Eek

I'm a geek (not that THAT is a big surprise)... I've tracked 114 ended auctions on ebay - average price as of today is $170.67. I may have missed one or two, but I've sure tried to track them all...

One bidder has bought 53 of the cards (average price of $142.01 per). Another has bought 18 (average price of $143.56 per).

Highest price paid to date was today with a buy-it-now of GBP 299.99 or US $536.20.

Lowest price paid was a presell for $79.99 in mid-Nov 05.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
You scare me Lessa. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You scare me too...

I watch the the bay too, but that is just tight. Good luck with your auction. Maybe the guy will get #54.

How do we average Joes ever complete with a guy that buys 53 of them? You can bet those will probably never show up again.

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Hey, I scare myself sometimes Big Grin

I think I mentioned a few times that I was blown away by these cards and wanted all of them (impossible and totally unrealistic, but I still wanted them).

And yeah, I'm hoping this one doesn't sell as I don't really want to give it up...

LOTS popped out of the woodwork this week...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek
<mental note>
check to make sure all curtains are closed properly
Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:

I think I mentioned a few times that I was blown away by these cards and wanted all of them (impossible and totally unrealistic, but I still wanted them).

Seems you weren't the only one considering who've gobbled many of them up. I wish I had the cash to spend like that! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
quote:

Eek
<mental note>
check to make sure all curtains are closed properly
Big Grin

Oh sure... you've checked those curtains so well you've no doubt left the door wide open again. Razz

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
dohhhh

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
My latest 4 sketches Big Grin

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gabfan:
My latest 4 sketches Big Grin

you did real good - I saw a few of those on eBAY, right ??

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Cool cards. Especially the Piper by Tone R.

Here's What I've pack pulled recently.

Nothing too WOW, but they fill out the collection pretty good. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

you did real good - I saw a few of those on eBAY, right ??

I got the Batman one from Ebay. The Robots I just got out of two boxes I got today and the famliy guy I got at a local card shop.

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goldenavenger:

Here's What I've pack pulled recently.

Wow Tim, those are great and pack pulled at that. Spread some luck my way.

Bryan

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post