Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bryan. One of my favorite pulls has been the Mr. and Mrs. Copperbottom by Mark Dos Santos #174. Check it out, it's been put on my site with the rest of my Robots sketch cards. Thumb Up

And I've got more coming...... Big Grin

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
My most recent personal sketch card from Paul Gutierrez:

I should be getting my after market SW Heritage card from John McCrea early next week. Big Grin

Not sure when the last time I posted things here, but as always, all my scans are on my collection page.

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Worth many Republic credits that sketch! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
very nice sebulba sketch sebulba Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Really, really nice sketch! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Here's a random thought/point:

This ROBOTS sketch card is actually being sold by the artist on eBAY -

EDIT - you can do your own search Wink

Do you think he pulled it out of a pack;
or was given it as a gift & is now re-selling?

Think if you bought it he would "jazz it up" for a few extra bucks??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: make-mine-marvel,

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
You're not supposed to post live auctions M-M-M...

...but it doesn't surprise me who the high bidder is. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
You're not supposed to post live auctions M-M-M...

...but it doesn't surprise me who the high bidder is. Big Grin

OOPS - meant no harm - sorry

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

OOPS - meant no harm - sorry

It's a really nice card anyways...

...glad you showed it to me at least. Not that I'd go for it. I know how far you sketch collectors go for that artist' stuff. Razz

Good luck if you're going for it! Thumb Up

May the best man/woman win! Big Grin

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
The artist might agree to jazz it up as you mentioned, but would probably not since each Robots card had to be approved. I personally don't really like after-market redos (though I've been tempted to ask about a couple after seeing the quality details artists can accomplish with more time & extra cash)...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Here is my first ever sketch card which was done by the lovely Cynthia Cummens at CollectormaniaGMEX. It was a toss up between Punk Spike or a generic Cordelia, so I went with Spike as it has a lot more character to it - also I don't think Cynthia minded having to draw James Marsters Wink

Like most sketch cards it didn't scan well so I've tried to capture it with my camera, in person its such an amazing piece! I'm going to put it with my Spike TCS auto's until I get a few more commissions done. Thanks again Cynthia!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CaptainMal,

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
That is a very cool sketch, she sure does amazing work. Thumb Up

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
[URL= [/URL]

Wicked! I also got a commissioned sketch done by Cynthia. I considered a Buffy character but had to go with Eliza Dushku as Tru Davies! I love it! Thanks Cynthia!

Heres Tru by Cynthia

This is my first real sketch card since the ones I've pulled from packs I either traded or gave away. But I love Cynthia's work. Definately hoping to save for some more sketches

-Claire

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BuffyAngelFan,

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
...but it doesn't surprise me who the high bidder is.

Got it Wink Very pleased. I really like the ink wash cards!

And now that the auction is over...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6252591915

If anyone was polite & chose not to bid against me, I REALLY appreciate it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

And I didn't ask, but Warren may easily have pulled it himself. I know he's bought product where his work is featured before.

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I was watching that card all week. I wanted to get but I got the last Martineck-Robots card I saw you bid on ( a few weeks ago )so I made sure I busy at the time the auction ended to make sure I didn't change my mind. Big Grin

I was going to email you to say cool card, so here Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:

If anyone was polite & chose not to bid against me, I REALLY appreciate it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I was soooooo tempted, but only cos its you i let it go Smile)

and that i've placed some commishes with him anywy, so i didn't really have the money!! Wink

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice Scetches Smile
Thanks everyone Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
Do you think he pulled it out of a pack;
or was given it as a gift & is now re-selling?

Think if you bought it he would "jazz it up" for a few extra bucks??

While it is possible that he pulled it from a pack, it is more likely that it was a sketch that the artist was given by Inkworks (I think each artist received a couple of their sketches). These are from the same batch that were inserted into packs - they went through the approval, numbering and posting on the Inkworks web site as all of the other cards.

The artists have been advised that they cannot do any "jazzing up" or alterations to their sketches once they have been approved by the studio. The studio was very clear with us that any sketch card that was not approved by them or changed after it was approved could be considered a violation of the license.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LadyX
posted Hide Post
"it is more likely that it was a sketch that the artist was given by Inkworks (I think each artist received a couple of their sketches). These are from the same batch that were inserted into packs - they went through the approval, numbering and posting on the Inkworks web site as all of the other cards. "

Wow. I did not know that. Here I was thinking that the ones scanned and on the website were all inserted into the packs. To think that I might be chasing something that does not exist makes me Confused is there any way you can give a list of the ones not pack-inserted so that I can scratch them off my list and stop looking for them? Thank you so much Mr. Modlin, you always bring new information to us.

Posts: 86 | Location: Laurel, MD USA | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
These are from the same batch that were inserted into packs - they went through the approval, numbering and posting on the Inkworks web site as all of the other cards.

The artists have been advised that they cannot do any "jazzing up" or alterations to their sketches once they have been approved by the studio. The studio was very clear with us that any sketch card that was not approved by them or changed after it was approved could be considered a violation of the license.

I thought I remembered something like that. I'm pretty happy with all the cards as is - lots of VERY creative sketches out there!