Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches Itsme. I especially like the 2nd one. Their's so much going on in that sketch. And furthermore welcome to Card Talk

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches. Smile
Welcome to Card Talk!! Wave

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
welcome and these sketches are beautiful

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Well, Well... i feel very welcome and thanks for the awesome comments.. they will assist me in developing my next few cards...

Kennywood, yeah i hope warren doesnt give up his day job.. LOL.... only kidding, cant get enough of his work.. about 90% of my collection is by him.. ROFL.. and growing... as for the buffy, blade squaring of... i never even thought about mixing and matching... i dont think my budget will allow me to get to carried away though, or my wife for that matter.. LOL

thanks AJJ27UK and X.. i love him coming out of the Black as well.. very nice...

SLackjawedyokel, i think the action scene is the better as well.. he has put so many action scenes on the one card its awesome... from following the arrows, the bullets and the sword its all reflected... in fact, on the column in the rear to the left i have had him place a glow in the dark glyph (like the one in blade II that showed under UV light to show vampires where there safe havens where) on it.. just a little touch that i adore... sorry its not visible in image though... actually just had a look, you can see it a little.. just a little...

Thanks riddickfan for the welcome.... and Peter cloet...

are you guys and gals always so nice... thanks for welcoming me from downunder.. LOL

Take care and will post more when i receive them...

Jason Wave

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Wowza, nearly 90 sketches by Warren Martineck? Eek I really need him to do one for me one of these days...

I'd love to see more! Are they mostly Blade orientated?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Hey X,

actually i must apologise.. you guys on these posts are making me always look at my collection... LOl...

just added up martinecks stuff,, i have 84 of his (2 still in transit) which include Wizard of OZ, Blade Commissions (only 3), Conan, Thunderbirds, Three Stooges, StarGate and some rittenhouse rewards StarTrek...

Hope that helps?> and always looking for more at reasonable trades or sales..

Thanks again everyone... think i want to get some katie done as well no.. Smokin'

Jason

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Great sketches, Jason and 'Welcome' Smile

I can't get over how large some collections are and how versatile they are in the style. I'm really beginning to see the appeal of these cards.

Btw, Jason I really love the third Blade card you posted. Thumb Up

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome Hollypop, and i feel very welcome... i appreciate all the comments and the hellos... Bouncey

I am considering a Blade sketch, again by Warren, of blade and his "dodge" (i think) like the bike sketch.. i love all the mechanics and the associations blade has with his vehicles and weapons.. it brings them to life, well too much info on my fav stuff.. will not put you all to sleep.. will post some more commissions as they arrive in the coming months...

SPeak soon, take care

Jason Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I love the Blade movies so you wouldn't be boring me lol

I would love to see more and if you do get a new Blade(great idea you have, I agree that his car has to be included eventually), please post it as soon as you can Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Very cool Balde sketches! Here are a few recent additions to my sketch collection, including an awesome sketch from Warren. The others are Marvel Girl from the great Kate Bradley, Enchantress from the talented John Watkins Chow, and a Spider-Man 3 sample oversized card from the incredible Sean Pence. An awesome experience with all these artists, get some commissions from them for your collection!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Batman
Those are some great cards; love the Enchantress by Watkins Chow and how can you go wrong with Warren and Sean. Don't think I knew about Bradley before but someone else to look out for.
Hi there itsme. Nice cards as well. At some point I must count my sketch cards but that's too organized. I have some of mine up at imageshack but not all of them.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to make a list of all the great artists that have been doing the sketchcards that have been posted.

They are all great looking.. I'm borderline jealous.

Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Batman, WOWZA, that Pence is awesome.. i am in the process of getting him to do a Blade as well... hopefully will come through shortly, his attention to detail is amazing.. whether it is pencil or color... Love it..

As for Martineck, you could never go wrong... shooting into your online scans.. speak later and thanks for comments and sharing.. they are nice, actually great, sketches..

Jason

Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
ok, here we are again.. for a newbie i had just commissioned yet another Blade Trinity Sketch Bouncey by another artist whom i like there interpretive style as well... Its by Jason Sobol and one of the requests was to "sex up" Drool Abigail.. let me know what you think everyone.... it had to be a 2 card spread, what a shame.. LOL, to fit the sexed up Abigail on...

(oops, forgot to say, dont have these yet.. Jason just finished them and i have yet to pay, so postage will be shortly.. cant wait...

Thanks again for listening and cant wait to ad more to this post..

Jason

This message has been edited. Last edited by: itsme,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Another great sketch Jason.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi millhouse here went to the star wars celebration in london yesterday and picked up 4 sketch cards from the following artists Marc Wolfe (2) £30 for 1 of Boba Fett and 1 of a clonetropper
Cynthia Cummens (1) £20 for 1 of Yoda

and Allison Sohn (1) £20 for 1 of spiderman

All worth the money

millhouse[IMG] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJJ, i am really getting into this obsession.. oops, did i admit it was an obsession? dont tell my wife... LOL

Millhouse, would love to see the Cummens Work, have you posted it anywhere?? Well she does Yoda, Well!

Be good

J

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi itsme have uploaded pics of the sketch cards that i purchased a the star wars show yesterday

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Millhouse, that Spidey by Allison Sohn is very cool! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Well worth the money I'd say Millhouse, you've got some great sketches there.

I'd also agree that the Spiderman is the pick of the bunch. Top sketch! Cool

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post