Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
wow...that maul is just amazing isnt it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!! yes it is! Drool

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
It has been a great day! First, I got a haircut. (Yeah, I know, big deal. But I really needed one so I would be more comfortable during this warm summer).

Anyway, the real big news of the day is that my Warren Martineck commissioned sketch arrived today! It looks amazing and is easily my favorite sketch of all time. I think I am now hooked on getting commissions of different artists. I guess seeing all of the great sketches on here by RupT and all you others has convinced me of how great they look.

So, without further ado, here it is:

Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life by the talented Warren Martineck

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
That's one sweet illustration you got there Jack! Drool Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks Redemption, it is my first commissioned sketch! I like it a lot because it combines a few of my interests: nonsport cards, sketch cards, and Angelina Luv You

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
I like it a lot because it combines a few of my interests: nonsport cards, sketch cards, and Angelina Luv You

Who me??? Just kidding. Wink My name is also Angelina and I am a big fan of Angelina Jolie. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
666 views...can't have that!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
Ywo new additions for you all too oogle over...

These are from the fabulously talented Kelly Greco

Thanks Kelly Thumb Up

That Darth Maul looks great! How many do you have now?

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
Hey Jack, very nice Jolie Tomb Raider sketch card. Thumb Up

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great Maul and Jolie sketches guys Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Yea, great sketches and thanks for sharing! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:

Thanks Kelly Thumb Up

That Darth Maul is extra nice! I like the close up detail. Evil oozes from that face.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack London:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RupT:

the white highlights on the forehead , just make it pop, gives it such good depth. how large is it, card size?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! My name's Kelly and I'm the one that did the Darth Maul and Bolrog sketch cards for RupT. They're both normal card size. Darth Maul was done in watercolor and a bit of gel pen with white prismacolor on the forehead. I really loved drawing that one, it was fun! The Bolrog was done in marker and gel pen. I'm not a big poster here but I do lurk occassionaly. Thanks for the nice comments!

Posts: 5 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Jack - Didn't i tell you?? huh?? Warren rulez!!

Chris - I have right now 14 (only two are pack-pulled) Maul's Eek but i'm waiting on 3 or 4 more to arrive including yours Smile

Kelly - woohoo, welcome Smile Thanks for the explanation on how you did the cards... i would just have said colouring pens and paint Smile lol Razz

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Hi Kelly! How does one go about putting in a request for a commission from you? Do you have a website (or e-mail) you could post? Wave

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beav
posted Hide Post
Just got these from Rich Molinelli. I'm not a huge Venom fan, but it's totally cool how he's in there. I love the mood on the Batman card too.

Posts: 82 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sci-fi Mom, I just realized I didn't have my email adress in my profile. I do now so feel free to contact me. Smile
BTW, I'm also a Firefly fan! I just bought a lego Serenity kit for my birthday. Check it out! Metal
Serenity LEGO ship

Posts: 5 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Spidergoblin likes Spider-Man!Cool black background,it works well.Congrats!

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Not my favourite ones.
But it was my best box.

Family Guy Season 1 2 sketches (check the box breakdown)

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post