Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've picked up, or been given, quite a few sketches recently:

Amy Pond and the 11th Doctor (Chris Bradberry PSC)

10th Doctor (Laura Inglis)

Sarah Jane Smith and K9 (Laura Inglis)

11th Doctor (Laura Inglis)

11th Doctor (Scott Rorie)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quaint1,

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post

This one is Idris/TARDIS by Celesta Johnston - it's not strictly a trading card as it is oversized, but it IS a PSC and I thought it was so utterly fantastic, I include it here!

Wacky Packages Old School 2 pack pull by Mark Parisi

Corbett Vanoni (from the Chicagoland Expo Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation box that Ed offered last month)

Ditto, this time by Marcelo Biott.

All these came back from the US with me - I had some arty luggage!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff everyone. Andy Fry has completed a few more sets for me (if you're wondering I'm up to 222 sketches by Mr. Fry). You can see them all here

http://www.allthingswhedon.com/sketchcards.htm

Here are a couple of my favorites from recently completed sets

From Chuck
Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah Walker

Timothy Dalton as Alexei Volkoff

From Enterprise
Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Scott Bakula as Captain Archer

From Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Romona Flowers

He's currently working on a sketch cards of my favorite singers.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
very nice !!
and where does one get hand painted stacking dolls
and what are painted on the inner dolls
- very neat collectible by the way Smile

There's none inside. I bought blank dolls off of ebay and had a local artist paint them. Must have over a dozen. Trying to find a pic of them all together. I came up with some ideas that worked pretty good. Yoda, with a toothpick for a iightsabre. Shadowcat with Lockheed, using another doll to cut out the wings.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Don't have a favorite, so here's what I pulled last week.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:
Originally posted by Portlaw:
This is my favourite sketch card which I have just bought Big Grin

I love the way Ken Jr does some sketch cards of like spoofs. Like my card there is DC Guy and ive seen Zombie Guy, Twilight Guy, Smurfy Guy, Marvel Guy and the list goes on. Definitely my favourite sketch cards from the set Big Grin

Love it!

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Here's the pic of all the stacking dolls I commissioned.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
New favorite Big Grin

Holly Marie Combs as WW by David Desbois

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Couple I picked up at Memorabilia on Sunday.

Two Hacks:

Mark Shater from Cult-Stuffs Monsters,Zombies and freaks set:

And a free sketch from the NSU table for buying two promo packs:

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This is a big one, I own over 200 sketch cards from my friend Kate, but I think this is my all time favorite, especially since Kate posed as the model for this AP sketch:

She's got all the curves, she's blonde, and has incredible eyes, and the different colored birds in the background really make the art stand out. Batman wins again!!!! Smile Dance

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a very pretty AP there Batman.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking sketch cards here.

Now I have a question, how do I post bigger images here? I have my images on imageshack.us and they seem to be very small when I post them here, not at all the big sizes like above.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
Very nice looking sketch cards here.

Now I have a question, how do I post bigger images here? I have my images on imageshack.us and they seem to be very small when I post them here, not at all the big sizes like above.

Imageshack offers you 3 sets of links if you've registered. Not sure if all the options are available if you haven't.
Short Link
Full size
Thumbnail Size

Under Full size, copy the 'Forums' link. That works for me.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I just got this beauty in today. It's by Chris Bradberry (Cabbie) and it's Depeche Mode from their Sounds of the Universe CD. Batman commissioned Chris to do this for me as birthday present. I was totally surprised to open the envelope with this in mail -- wasn't expecting it all. It's awesome!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
That one is FANTASTIC, Harris! Love me some DM!
Two thumbs up for Batman for the cool idea.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here I have this Tim Shay 4 part puzzle sketch card of daredevil.

I hope this can now count as my favourite sketch card even though it's a 4 part puzzle sketch card

Millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

This is my favorite sketch card: -

The image was chosen by my wife and commissioned in secret for my Birthday this year.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

In my Christmas Stocking this year will be: -

Unfortunately due to time constraints my Christmas sketch could not be a surprise but I am delighted none the less.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What a nice xmas sketch. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
That one is FANTASTIC, Harris! Love me some DM!
Two thumbs up for Batman for the cool idea.

Thanks very much. I love it too.

quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

In my Christmas Stocking this year will be: -

Unfortunately due to time constraints my Christmas sketch could not be a surprise but I am delighted none the less.

TTFN

That's a great sketch. Love it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post