Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Picture of LittleEarthquakes
posted Hide Post
This X-Files commission from Chris Henderson would have to be my favorite right now Smile

Posts: 285 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thought it was about time I posted pics of my absolute favorite Katie Cook sketches. I'm getting quite the collection, lol. It's a hopeless addiction, I've given up fighting it.

The prize of my collection:

My favorite (so far) DC Legacy sketch:

My favorite (so far) Lord of the Rings sketch:

My first ever commission:

A commissioned 2-card panel:

Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great sketches everyone.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Great cards everyone! Thumb Up
quote:
Originally posted by Ariana:
My first ever commission:
You know, when Katie posted that Buffy & Spike on her blog, I was wondering who commissioned that awesome card! Big Grin

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was so nervous about sending her a commission request, since I was new to the board and had never really talked to any of the artists before. I asked for "something involving Spike" and this was what I received. I was bouncing around for days. Literally. I scared my poor boyfriend, lol.

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Katie is super friendly and super creative. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Katie Cook
posted Hide Post
thanks ariana and scifimom ;-)
both of you guys are great to do work for!

Posts: 14 | Location: ann arbor, mi | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards everybody!

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Congratz Ariane, that's an amzing sketch!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketches

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Card Dude
Good to see another Fallen Angel set; I just completed mine in 2007 and am very pleased with it. I notice the Gabby I have faces the other direction from yours. Mines on p67; I like seeing how the same theme can still be done differently by the artist.
Ariana
Love the Katie Cook cards especially Spike and Buffy and her sig on the grave!
Here's my latest card - Mystique by Brain Shearer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Card Dude
Good to see another Fallen Angel set; I just completed mine in 2007 and am very pleased with it. I notice the Gabby I have faces the other direction from yours. Mines on p67; I like seeing how the same theme can still be done differently by the artist.

I know what you mean! It must have been great to complete that set, I was lucky enough to get mine all at once!
I've been looking everywhere for some indication on how many of each of these cards Warren drew? I don't suppose anyone knows? I know he did 900 for the set, but just was interested in knowing how many were fallen angel sketches.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Yup I wondered how many fallen angel sets he created. You don't see these come up on ebay often. It's probably a year or more since I've seen any of the set on ebay.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Yup I wondered how many fallen angel sets he created. You don't see these come up on ebay often. It's probably a year or more since I've seen any of the set on ebay.

I've got 2 of the 3 cards. Still need the Gabby one.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While sketch cards just come and go with me being a dealer and all. I would have to say that these are some of the nicest that I have ever had (all have gone to new homes now)

Not to mention the Cat Staggs Princes Leia and Cat and SP LOTR sketches (scans since deleated)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Every set is different so it's tough to choose a favorite. These are my 2 favorites from 2007 Marvel Masterpieces, The Paz I pulled and the Tariq Hassan came from ebay, and as it turns out Hassan did just 26 sketches so it ended up being a real bargain.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Here is a two card panel JZ did for me as part of a trade. It is my current favourite and you can probably see why.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
These are all from Ebay apart from the line with Mr. Freeze, Black Canary (many thanks, Kevin) and Darkseid from my Secret Santa Clap Any ideas on the artist for this one?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Graham, I'm sure this will come as a shock considering my last post, but I absolutely LOVE that Katie Cook sketch! It has to be one of my favorites she did for the set, congrats on an awesome buy! Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb UpNice Cards Thumb Up Keep a look out for the postman in the next week or so Wink

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post