Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt D:
Hello, first time here, but I've heard sooooo much about this board. I'll leave it at that Wink

Guess we're a scary bunch 'eh ! (Not really just Wolfie whose hairy) Anyhow welcome to CArd Talk Matt D Wave

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
LOL! - my new favorite (not mine) - -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Hey Matt,what up,good to see you here with the rest of us uhh collectors Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10446 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Yes, welcome aboard!!!

Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favourite sketch cards.
Witchblade Sketch
My other favourites are the Teal'c I & II which I bought to celebrate my graduation but are currently stored in my storage unit.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
p.s. - Hey Matt, I guess I figured you were always here. Welcome.

Comicbookfan - I would bet money that the "Solo" artist did not draw 250 pieces. That's a pretty rare card (and cool).

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I have pulled some fine sketches from the 35th Trek Anniversary, Women of Voyager, and Battlestar Galacica sets.

But, my most favorite sketches are those of my children.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Most of you have seen these, but they're my favorite!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barrios
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll chime in here. Since I really only collect Marvel sketchagraphs, this one is from the MCC98 set and is my ABSOLUTE favorite (the one on the left) :

My favorite Marvel character is Wolverine and the pose and action on this card just portrays vintage Wolvie! He's looking right at you and in a few seconds you'll be in a world of hurt!

Posts: 371 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: March 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Those Wolvie cards are great. I have one from the Legends set but it is not as detailed as those.
I just won a new Witchblade sketch. The seller claimed it was from Jae Lee, I can't swear to that but I do like the sketch. Not only do I find it irriating that sketch cards don't list artists I think it is disrespectful to the artist's hard work. I think it's like not announcing the author of a book or the actress playing a role.
Witchblade

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comicbookfan:
Those Wolvie cards are great. I have one from the Legends set but it is not as detailed as those.
I just won a new Witchblade sketch. The seller claimed it was from Jae Lee, I can't swear to that but I do like the sketch. Not only do I find it irriating that sketch cards don't list artists I think it is disrespectful to the artist's hard work. I think it's like not announcing the author of a book or the actress playing a role.
http://thehalleys.com/timo/Cheryl/images/WitchbladeJaeLeePossible.jpg

As someone who(me) has pulled a Jae Lee,the seller is definately correct in saying it is Jae Lee.When they first started coming out the Jae Lee was the only sketch I need for one of each artist,so I know which one Jae Lee is.

I actually pulled a #1/199 from The Crimson set by JL.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10446 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Those are nice looking sketchagraphs barrios!! Drool

Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
got 4 more thunderbirds sketches in the mail today.

This Parker one has gone straight into the No1 postion as Top of the Sketches.

I also just looooove these from ST 35th
This amazing sketch is the only one of my ST 35th that was sighned on the back (see Pic below) Is this unique?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
excellent looking sketches Thumb Up

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
very nice sketches you got there.1st time I've seen a sig on back of the ST 35th sketches.Maybe Warren will pop in and he will answer as to how many he did this to...

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
I usually don't collect sketch cards, but this one I kept - the detail in the facial expression is very nice Smile

Stargate SG1 - season 5

Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post

Looked back through the thread & never posted the Czop Land Ram from the Galactica set - it's very cool Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith
posted Hide Post
I am somewhat partial to these two:

Posts: 294 | Location: Oswego, IL | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MartineckArt
posted Hide Post
quote:
This amazing sketch is the only one of my ST 35th that was sighned on the back (see Pic below) Is this unique?

I think I can answer that...
I actually signed the back of all of both Klingons I drew for that set. I was playing with a new signature and thought it was a good place to try it out. So sorry, its only unique to all my st35th cards.
WM

Posts: 126 | Location: Artmaker CT, USA | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith:
I am somewhat partial to these two:

Not surprising, really Big Grin

Particularly like the top one Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post