Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    Your Favourite Sketch Card
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favourite Sketch Card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Holy-moley, that one is incredible, X!! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 927 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Jack Torrance from "The Shining" by MilkBone Jones. Does anyone have any information about the artist? I bought the card on eBay a couple of years back. Anyway, he/she is pretty good.

Jack Nicholson

Posts: 45 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a scan of my 2 favourite sketch cards from the new ufo card set

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Jack Torrance from "The Shining" by MilkBone Jones. Does anyone have any information about the artist? I bought the card on eBay a couple of years back. Anyway, he/she is pretty good.

Jack Nicholson

Sorry, don't know about the artist but that is a phenomenal sketch. The Shining is one of my all time favourite films. Funnily enough I tuned the settings on my first HD tv/blu-ray to that EXACT image on your card where you see he is losing his mind as he stares out the window. Love it. Very jealous!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 2852 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Thanks. This is the only sketch card that I own. I feel kinda bad for the artist as it only sold for 20 bucks. It should've sold for way more.

Posts: 45 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Thanks. This is the only sketch card that I own. I feel kinda bad for the artist as it only sold for 20 bucks. It should've sold for way more.

Very good likeness. One thing I feel I can say is that sketch card prices should not be confused with the quality of the work. If a sketch card is released in a licensed set, it has an automatic value. If the artist is well known and has a reputation, that adds more value. If the subject of the sketch is deemed important, more value. Finally we get around to what it actually looks like and then based on subjective taste, it finds its value on the sliding scale.

There are probably 1000s of ACEO sketches available for sale that are of similar quality to the licensed sketch card. Many are far superior than the average sketch you might pull from a product. However they are not licensed and the artist is likely no one you know. So they can be had for $20 because the supply is great and the demand is low. Doesn't change the quality of the artwork though. Congrats on a great choice.

Posts: 6061 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sw-cards-n-bricks ~ Andrew
posted Hide Post
Favourites, so hard to choose, i particularly like these 2 sketches
The artwork evokes such emotion

Artist : John Haun

Artist : Ingrid Hardy

Posts: 34 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post